The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush

3 posters

Go down

Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush Empty Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush

Post  Guest Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:42 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_by_George_W._Bush

This is a growing list, maybe incomplete. 137+ pardoned (as of this post) and 39 sentences commuted, Wikipedia standards apply herein. Very Happy

Suspect What a character...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush Empty Re: Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush

Post  LTRT Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:50 pm

meta4 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_by_George_W._Bush

This is a growing list, maybe incomplete. 137+ pardoned (as of this post) and 39 sentences commuted, Wikipedia standards apply herein. Very Happy

scratch
President Bush has been one of the most cautious presidents in modern U.S. history when granting pardons or commutations.

Doesn't look like he'll catch Slick Willie. jocolor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_by_Bill_Clinton
149 Pardons (1 not a full pardon), looks like he beat him on the Commutations though, Bill only had 37. Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush 894597
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush Empty Re: Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush

Post  IrishGuy Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:40 am

meta4 wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_pardoned_by_George_W._Bush

On wowo yesterday afternoon they said something along the lines that Bush's pardoned and commuted numbers are less than half of each of the 3 previous presidents. Of course, I was listening half-assed while I was working, so really I guess they could have been talking about pardoning onself from a meeting and commuting to work. scratch
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 am

[quote="IrishGuy" On wowo yesterday afternoon they said something along the lines that Bush's pardoned and commuted numbers are less than half of each of the 3 previous presidents. Of course, I was listening half-assed while I was working, so really I guess they could have been talking about pardoning onself from a meeting and commuting to work. scratch[/quote]

Pardons and commutations by George Walker Bush 795451 Very Happy
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:35 am

actually pleased he commuted the sentences of the 2 border patrol agents.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 am

IrishGuy wrote:On wowo yesterday afternoon they said something along the lines that Bush's pardoned and commuted numbers are less than half of each of the 3 previous presidents. Of course, I was listening half-assed while I was working, so really I guess they could have been talking about pardoning onself from a meeting and commuting to work. scratch

"less than half of each of the 3 previous presidents" is that combined? As in, add together all 3 previous presidents, GWB would have pardoned half of their numbers... kinda sounds like another way to say He pardoned 50% more than average of last 3... or he pardoned 1.5 times the average of the last 3

kinda sounds like a statement meant to suggest a lower number when actually it was higher than the average of the last 3.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:42 am

meta4 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:On wowo yesterday afternoon they said something along the lines that Bush's pardoned and commuted numbers are less than half of each of the 3 previous presidents. Of course, I was listening half-assed while I was working, so really I guess they could have been talking about pardoning onself from a meeting and commuting to work. scratch

"less than half of each of the 3 previous presidents" is that combined? As in, add together all 3 previous presidents, GWB would have pardoned half of their numbers... kinda sounds like another way to say He pardoned 50% more than average of last 3... or he pardoned 1.5 times the average of the last 3

kinda sounds like a statement meant to suggest a lower number when actually it was higher than the average of the last 3.

With my half-assed memory, I think they were saying that Bush has pardoned and commuted (combined) half as many as the previous 3 presidents individually. Less than half of Clinton pardoned and commuted. Less than half of G.H.W. Bush's pardoned and commuted. Less than half of Reagan's pardoned and commuted.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down