The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies

+4
Cincy Fan 44
Mort
IrishGuy
iberlingirl
8 posters

Go down

Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies Empty Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies

Post  iberlingirl Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:49 am

iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies Empty Ohhhh Nooo....

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:50 am

Wow... George Carline was the first comedian I ever listened to. My folks had an old vinyl of one of this shows, and we used to 'sneak' listens to it on my older brothers turntable.

The list of dirty words will live on forever.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies Empty Re: Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:11 am

Hilarious man ... and very politically correct too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies Empty Re: Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:18 am

Every so often when a celebrity passes I am truely saddened.

Sleep well George.

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:58 am

Oliver's Army wrote:Every so often when a celebrity passes I am truely saddened.

Sleep well George.

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits.

...ass
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 am

Yeah George goes back sometime with me also makes me feel kinda old

I liked him he was very funny and correct!!

I loved the guys take on religion it was so right on!!

Yes George........Sleep Well and enjoy the afterlife
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:19 am

My first exposure to the guy was the role (Rufus) he played on Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...before that, hadn't heard of him.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:28 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:My first exposure to the guy was the role (Rufus) he played on Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...before that, hadn't heard of him.

He worked the same material for years, with a tweak here and there. He also had a dirty word 'cheer' that I will never forget...

Rat shit, Bat Shit, Dirty little twat, sixty-nine assholes tied in a knot, hurrraaayyy, lizard shit.... FUCK!

I had originally bleeped out some of the words, but it is better as it stands...

George Carlin did a few voiceovers on Thomas the Tank Engine on PBS. Interestingly, the fired the host of the good night show because she once did a video suggesting that kids can have anal sex to keep thier virgnity... Meanwhile, George Carlin is narrating Thomas... it's a subtle form of irony that George Carlin would probably have a filed day with such.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:45 am

For those of you who don't know.. my avatar is from the movie Dogma, where Carlin (a well known atheist) plays the role of a catholic priest and in an effort to get younger kids into church he does away with the image of Christ on the cross and comes up with my avatar... Buddy Christ.

I have a double CD of Carlin's standup, featuring of course, the 7 deadly words that'll curve your spine. I really liked his comedy because he focused on hypocrisy and oddities all over. I didn't care for his political slants (regardless of direction) he had taken lately, but I still enjoyed him as a comic.

He was set to receive the Mark Twain award which is the highest honor a comedian can receive. My guess is that someone other than PBS will pick this up and air a special on him. Hopefully Comedy Central if no one else.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:56 am

cardinal5150 wrote:For those of you who don't know.. my avatar is from the movie Dogma, where Carlin (a well known atheist) plays the role of a catholic priest and in an effort to get younger kids into church he does away with the image of Christ on the cross and comes up with my avatar... Buddy Christ.
Have to ask, b/c I never saw the movie...did it work?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:44 pm

Wow. Just wow. Guess it was his time to get in the plane.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:55 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:For those of you who don't know.. my avatar is from the movie Dogma, where Carlin (a well known atheist) plays the role of a catholic priest and in an effort to get younger kids into church he does away with the image of Christ on the cross and comes up with my avatar... Buddy Christ.

That part wasn't really a plot line in the movie.. but it did resolve around the whole "Catholicism Wow!" campaign that Cardinal Glick (sorry.. I got Carlin's character wrong) started. Basically he created a loophole that would result in the end of the world so the devil was trying to exploit it with two fallen angels (Matt Damon and Ben Affleck).

My wife says the whole movie basically makes Catholics feel bad about their religion.. which IMO is really what the religion does.. don't celebrate god.. fear him/her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:59 pm

I recall as a kid listening to a bit on a tape that my brother bought where he talked about how the word "shit" is used for so many purposes - except it's literal meaning. Funny stuff.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:47 pm

Markwes wrote:I recall as a kid listening to a bit on a tape that my brother bought where he talked about how the word "shit" is used for so many purposes - except it's literal meaning. Funny stuff.

That was great.. do you need some papers? Yeah.. better give me a roll or two...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:58 pm

I always liked his shows. Saw him perform live several times, and each show was great.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:54 am

My wife says the whole movie basically makes Catholics feel bad about their religion.. which IMO is really what the religion does.. don't celebrate god.. fear him/her.

So true Card its a fear control thing and it works affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:18 am

Mort wrote:My wife says the whole movie basically makes Catholics feel bad about their religion.. which IMO is really what the religion does.. don't celebrate god.. fear him/her.

It's a shame that some only "stick with religion" out of fear. Those that do are missing the point, but that's for another thread...

I guess if a movie makes a particular group of people feel one way or another about something, it's done it's job as an entertainment venue.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:33 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Mort wrote:My wife says the whole movie basically makes Catholics feel bad about their religion.. which IMO is really what the religion does.. don't celebrate god.. fear him/her.

It's a shame that some only "stick with religion" out of fear. Those that do are missing the point, but that's for another thread...

I guess if a movie makes a particular group of people feel one way or another about something, it's done it's job as an entertainment venue.

Cincy.. that's actually the point.. that people should celebrate religion.. not fear it. And if you fear it you're missing the point.

But it's also got Alanis Morrisette as God, Chris Rock is the 13th apostle who was left out because he's black, and Linda Fiorintino (sp?) is the hero who is catholic and works for an abortion clinic. so yea... there's just a little bit of entertainment value there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:38 am

cardinal5150 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Cincy.. that's actually the point.. that people should celebrate religion.. not fear it. And if you fear it you're missing the point.
Oops, sorry, I'll report myself to the Department of the Redundancy Department. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Award-winning comedian George Carlin dies Empty Save the Planet

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:26 pm

LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:19 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

yea...but the rest of the congregation didnt like how they dressed so they left Laughing
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:31 pm

floridafun wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

yea...but the rest of the congregation didnt like how they dressed so they left Laughing
must've just been a bunch of ham and eggers...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:16 am

Funny Shait lol!
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:17 am

cardinal5150 wrote:my avatar... Buddy Christ.

It's been a while and I'm not trying to pick nits here, but wasn't he called "Your Buddy Jesus" ??

===

Fakt chekt myself and it was "Buddy Christ" Neutral
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down