The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet

+3
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
Scooby01_98
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:37 pm

As Jay Leno said last night...maybe this is part of Obama's grand scheme to get people to pay their taxes...you know, nominate them, which scares them into catching up/paying their taxes like they should have all along.

This is just getting crazier and crazier!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet

Post  Mort Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:23 pm

I think Jay is on to something. It seems to work so far! What kinda money are you making to have taxes like that?
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet - Page 2 Ddn020409peters
lol!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:54 pm

Laughing Very Happy clown Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet - Page 2 64140
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Obama defends ethics standards
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9686TUG1&show_article=1

Feb 9 12:54 PM US/Eastern
ELKHART, Ind. (AP) - The questions for Barack Obama from a crowd in Elkhart, Ind., aren't all friendly ones, and they aren't all about the stimulus plan.
Obama responded to one question Monday about the tax problems faced by some of his high-level nominees, saying the nominees had made "honest mistakes."

But he also said his administration doesn't want to send a message that there are "two sets of rules"—one for his administration, and one for everyone else.

Two nominees, including Tom Daschle, who was in line to be secretary of Health and Human Services, withdrew from consideration. But Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner was confirmed.

Obama also reiterated that the ethics rules he's imposed on his administration are seen as the "highest standards ever."
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:04 pm

I just hope those that asked "un-friendly" questions are prepared for an anal probing ala Joe The Plumber...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:07 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:I just hope those that asked "un-friendly" questions are prepared for an anal probing ala Joe The Plumber...

Now what on earth would provoke such a response? scratch
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 pm

i think the dems were so relieved their vetting didnt find any affairs or hidden illigitimate kids or prostitutes or homophobes hiding their homosexuality that they thought some silly tax stuff wasnt such a big deal, in comparison to the last 8 years sunny
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:35 pm

floridafun wrote:i think the dems were so relieved their vetting didnt find any affairs or hidden illigitimate kids or prostitutes or homophobes hiding their homosexuality that they thought some silly tax stuff wasnt such a big deal, in comparison to the last 8 years sunny

Funny Post!

lol!

Though I feel I must comment that none of the above are preferred. Very Happy

Let them be free with their gayness, or convert to "Big Love". Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet - Page 2 431148
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:08 pm

Trade nominee Ron Kirk agrees to pay back taxes
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090302/ap_on_go_pr_wh/kirk_taxes_7

WASHINGTON – Ron Kirk, nominated as U.S. Trade Representative in the Obama administration, owes an estimated $10,000 in back taxes from earlier in the decade and has agreed to make his payments, the Senate Finance Committee said Monday.

"Oops, I'm up for a cabinet post, better pay my taxes" Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:23 am

LTRT wrote:Trade nominee Ron Kirk agrees to pay back taxes
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090302/ap_on_go_pr_wh/kirk_taxes_7

WASHINGTON – Ron Kirk, nominated as U.S. Trade Representative in the Obama administration, owes an estimated $10,000 in back taxes from earlier in the decade and has agreed to make his payments, the Senate Finance Committee said Monday.

"Oops, I'm up for a cabinet post, better pay my taxes" Rolling Eyes
This is just getting ridiculous! How many black eyes can the Obama Admin take? I'm beginning to think Jay Leno was right that this is all part of Barry's plan to get people to pay their back taxes...just nominate them for a cabinet position.

Tax Evasion anyone? Isn't that a Federal Crime? Hell Pete Rose got sent to prison for that. You know what they say about what's good for the goose...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:26 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:This is just getting ridiculous! How many black eyes can the Obama Admin take?

This has to account for the ole one-two punch. Very Happy

Treasury secretary's choice for deputy withdraws
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Treasury-secretarys-choice-apf-14561159.html

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The person Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner wanted as his chief deputy withdrew from consideration Thursday, dealing a setback to the agency as it struggles to address the worst financial crisis in decades.

Annette Nazareth, a former senior staffer and commissioner with the Securities and Exchange Commission, made "a personal decision" to withdraw from the process, according to a person familiar with her decision.

The decision followed more than a month of intense scrutiny of her taxes and multiple interviews. No tax problems or other issues arose during Nazareth's vetting, said the person, who requested anonymity because Geithner's choice of Nazareth was never announced officially.

Gupta Withdraws Name From Consideration for Surgeon General
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/05/gupta-withdraws-consideration-surgeon-general/

CNN's chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, has withdrawn his name from consideration for surgeon general, the network and the White House announced Thursday afternoon.

The announcement comes after FOXNews.com reported that Gupta had misgivings about the offer from President Obama and was expected to refuse the position.

CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer said on air Thursday afternoon that Gupta decided that he wants to continue with his medical career and his job at the news network.

Maybe Gupta figured he could keep a clean name staying away.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:33 pm

More money in television than Surgeon General I bet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:17 am

It's in section 3-c.... I'm not much of a legalese guy but it seems as if this contradicts itself...

-- may... act in reliance upon Army field Manual 2 22.3
--but may not..... rely upon any interpretation of the law governing interrogation -- including interpretations of .... Army Field Manual 2 22.3

3-(c) From this day forward, unless the Attorney General with appropriate consultation provides further guidance, officers, employees, and other agents of the United States Government may, in conducting interrogations, act in reliance upon Army Field Manual 2 22.3, but may not, in conducting interrogations, rely upon any interpretation of the law governing interrogation -- including interpretations of Federal criminal laws, the Convention Against Torture, Common Article 3, Army Field Manual 2 22.3, and its predecessor document, Army Field Manual 34 52 issued by the Department of Justice between September 11, 2001, and January 20, 2009.

So the exception is there, however it's clearly spelled out that such 'guidance' should come directly from the attorney general, with appropriate consultation.... Read: accountability.

I'm finding it interesting that so many of these individuals have tax issues, when it didnt seem to be the case with any previous administrations..... Seriously, if you grab 30 people off the street you are likely to find a few that had errors/omissions on their tax returns. They key question for me... are these legitimate oversights, or are these direct cheats?

I guess I havent ever had to consider if I should count my free car service as income, so I might not know the tax implications, nor might I realize that I have to tell my accountant about it (oh to have such problems)... So even if I give Daschle the benefit of the doubt and call this an oversight, it begs the question, why isn't daschle paying for the car service himself, and who did pay for it?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:56 am

darned dems not paying their taxes and getting busted for it...why do they think the facts wont eventually come out!?? must be something in the dem koolaid drunken

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0209/18696.html
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:46 pm

Sebelius admits errors, pays $7,000 in back taxes
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D979AVVO2&show_article=1

WASHINGTON (AP) - Health and Human Services nominee Kathleen Sebelius recently corrected three years of tax returns and paid more than $7,000 in back taxes after finding "unintentional errors"—the latest tax troubles for an Obama administration nominee. The Kansas governor explained the changes to senators in a letter dated Tuesday that the administration released. She said they involved charitable contributions, the sale of a home and business expenses.

Sebelius said she filed the amended returns as soon as the errors were discovered by an accountant she hired to scrub her taxes in preparation for her confirmation hearings. She and her husband, Gary, a federal magistrate judge in Kansas, paid a total of $7,040 in back taxes and $878 in interest to amend returns from 2005-2007.

....Sebelius and her husband took deductions for mortgage interest that they weren't entitled to. The couple sold their home in 2006 for less than what they owed on the mortgage. They continued to make payments on the mortgage, including interest. But since they no longer owned the home they weren't entitled to take deductions for the interest. The same thing happened with a home improvement loan. Sebelius said they "mistakenly believed" the payments were still deductible.
Another Tax Cheat in Obama's Cabinet - Page 2 565479
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 pm

We won't really have to raise taxes. Just have the Dems pay theirs and we should be good.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 am

cheers
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2