The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afghan campaign

2 posters

Go down

Afghan campaign Empty Afghan campaign

Post  LTRT Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:28 am

Marines suffer first casualties in Afghan campaign
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090702/D996IRSO1.html

NAWA, Afghanistan (AP) - U.S. Marines suffered their first casualties of a massive new military campaign Thursday as they engaged in sporadic gunbattles along 55 miles of Taliban-controlled heartland in southern Afghanistan.

One Marine was killed and several others were injured or wounded on the first full day of the assault, the largest military operation in Afghanistan since the fall of Taliban government in 2001.

The offensive will test the Obama administration's new strategy of holding territory and letting the Afghan government sink roots in Helmand province. The insurgency has proven particularly resilient in this area, where foreign troops have never before operated in such large numbers.

Where's Harry "this war is lost" Reid? Oops, forgot a dem is in the WH.

The Pentagon is deploying 21,000 additional troops to Afghanistan in time for the elections and expects the total number of U.S. forces there to reach 68,000 by year's end.

What in the world, I thought BHO said the surge didn't work.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Afghan campaign Empty Re: Afghan campaign

Post  floridafun Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 am

bho said the surge in iraq didnt work as a sole factor..that there had been other things implemented that allowed it to be part of an overall improvement. but you already knew that..you just like to select partial misleading specifics because its so important for you to find every possible non fact to bash anything dem/obama. sometimes i think we have dick cheeeney here in disguise..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:34 am

floridafun wrote:bho said the surge in iraq didnt work as a sole factor..that there had been other things implemented that allowed it to be part of an overall improvement. but you already knew that..you just like to select partial misleading specifics because its so important for you to find every possible non fact to bash anything dem/obama. sometimes i think we have dick cheeeney here in disguise..

Oh I see, the shoe is not allowed to go on the other foot. Suspect
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 pm

what partial misleading info did i use to bash bush/cheeney? actual facts were more than enough.

i voted for them their first go-around, i supported their view on the need to invade iraq at the time it was done, unaware in my ignorance that everything they used as supporting criteria was lies and misinformation. he did some things i was pleased with, just so relatively damned few. added time allowance to those on unemployment, allowed discussion and implementation of some schip funding, decided not to follow thru with the idea of social security being put into public market plans.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 pm

floridafun wrote:bho said the surge in iraq didnt work as a sole factor..that there had been other things implemented that allowed it to be part of an overall improvement. but you already knew that..you just like to select partial misleading specifics because its so important for you to find every possible non fact to bash anything dem/obama. sometimes i think we have dick cheeeney here in disguise..

It's going to be hard to twist his words when it comes to tax increases. How many times did BHO say taxes wouldn't go a single dime for anyone making less thank 250K per year? Numerous times yet looks what kind of bills he's trying to push through congress. Healthcare reform, cap and trade, etc... At least Bush kept his promise when it came to taxes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down