The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Time To Be Rick Pitino

2 posters

Go down

Bad Time To Be Rick Pitino Empty Bad Time To Be Rick Pitino

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:32 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12057141

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The woman accused of trying to extort Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino approached him in a restaurant six years ago, and the two had sex at a table after closing time, the coach told police.

Two weeks later, the married father of five gave her $3,000 after she said she needed an abortion and didn't have health insurance, according to a summary of Pitino's July 12 statement to police. His attorney said Wednesday that the money was to help her get medical coverage, not specifically to pay for an abortion.

University of Louisville President James Ramsey expressed surprise at the new details in the scandal surrounding the coach, a staunch Roman Catholic whose contract includes dishonesty and "moral depravity" as grounds for firing.

"Several months ago, Coach Pitino informed me about the alleged extortion attempt. I've now been informed that there may be other details which, if true, I find surprising," Ramsey said in a statement, adding that his thoughts were with the Pitino family.

Pitino told police he had been drinking at an upscale Louisville restaurant called Porcini in August 2003 when Sypher approached him and asked the coach to call her sons with words of encouragement. The coach obliged, he said.

Later that night, after the restaurant cleared out, the owner left Pitino his keys and they had sex at a table near the bar, according to statements by both Pitino and Sypher.

She said Pitino forced himself on her. But the 56-year-old coach denied Sypher's allegations that he raped her that night, and again several weeks later, saying she came on to him.

Really surprised to hear about this with Pitino. Do any celebrity-type people remain faithful to their spouse anymore? Sad, very sad.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Bad Time To Be Rick Pitino Empty Re: Bad Time To Be Rick Pitino

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:38 pm

"Pitino told police he had been drinking"

Sure blame it on the alcohol, scumbag.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:41 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12057141

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The woman accused of trying to extort Louisville men's basketball coach Rick Pitino approached him in a restaurant six years ago, and the two had sex at a table after closing time, the coach told police.

Two weeks later, the married father of five gave her $3,000 after she said she needed an abortion and didn't have health insurance, according to a summary of Pitino's July 12 statement to police. His attorney said Wednesday that the money was to help her get medical coverage, not specifically to pay for an abortion.

University of Louisville President James Ramsey expressed surprise at the new details in the scandal surrounding the coach, a staunch Roman Catholic whose contract includes dishonesty and "moral depravity" as grounds for firing.

"Several months ago, Coach Pitino informed me about the alleged extortion attempt. I've now been informed that there may be other details which, if true, I find surprising," Ramsey said in a statement, adding that his thoughts were with the Pitino family.

Pitino told police he had been drinking at an upscale Louisville restaurant called Porcini in August 2003 when Sypher approached him and asked the coach to call her sons with words of encouragement. The coach obliged, he said.

Later that night, after the restaurant cleared out, the owner left Pitino his keys and they had sex at a table near the bar, according to statements by both Pitino and Sypher.

She said Pitino forced himself on her. But the 56-year-old coach denied Sypher's allegations that he raped her that night, and again several weeks later, saying she came on to him.

Really surprised to hear about this with Pitino. Do any celebrity-type people remain faithful to their spouse anymore? Sad, very sad.

Cincy, my money is on Jim Tressel that he is a stand up guy, what about Rich Rodriuquez?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:43 am

I guess we will see where Louisville's morals are ... keep Pitno or fire Pitno. Took IU too long to fire Bobby Knight that's for sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:20 am

Bman, I would be absolutely devastated...devastated I tell ya'...if something like this happened to the Vest.

I think L'ville will keep Pitino as long as he's winning. But watch out if Alumni and Sponsors start pulling their $$$ back. Then it could be partin' time...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down