The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McNabb votes for the first time

+2
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McNabb votes for the first time Empty McNabb votes for the first time

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:03 pm

McNabb casts his vote for Obama
http://www.timesleader.com/sports/McNabb_casts_his_vote_for_Obama_11-05-2008.html

McNabb said. “For the first time, I had the opportunity to vote and I can say that I was a part of it.”

1st time, he's 31 yrs old.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2008/11/donovan_mcnabb_goes_deep_on_ob.html
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

McNabb votes for the first time Empty Re: McNabb votes for the first time

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:06 pm

He shouldn't feel alone. I heard a lot of Bengals players haven't been able to vote in the past either due to being felons... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:31 pm

LTRT wrote:McNabb casts his vote for Obama
http://www.timesleader.com/sports/McNabb_casts_his_vote_for_Obama_11-05-2008.html

McNabb said. “For the first time, I had the opportunity to vote and I can say that I was a part of it.”

Hmmm, I guess he didn't feel it was duty before, but now does for some reason.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Markwes wrote:
LTRT wrote:McNabb casts his vote for Obama

Hmmm, I guess he didn't feel it was duty before, but now does for some reason.

A little birdie told me that millions and millions of people had the very same reason, weird huh.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Lovie Smith, coach of my beloved Bears, felt compelled to talk about this historic day.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=5323

“The most powerful man, period, is black." Actually Lovie, he's half-black
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:55 pm

You guys just don't give up!!!! Too funny!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:02 pm

Markwes wrote:Hmmm, I guess he didn't feel it was duty before, but now does for some reason.

LTRT wrote:A little birdie told me that millions and millions of people had the very same reason, weird huh.

From now on you shouldn't need to wonder why your opinion may be respected less than it has been in the past.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Ok so my spell checker didn't work.....jeesh Markwes

Well I would say cause he was black thats why............ feel better?

Last edited by Mort on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:16 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:Hmmm, I guess he didn't feel it was duty before, but now does for some reason.

LTRT wrote:A little birdie told me that millions and millions of people had the very same reason, weird huh.

From now on you shouldn't need to wonder why your opinion may be respected less than it has been in the past.
Shoot, I'm going to go jump off a cliff now. Instead of your usual "Suck it" and "STFU" type responses, why don't you tell us why you think McNabb suddenly decided voting was important?

Last edited by Markwes on Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm

I understand what you guys (Mark and LT) are trying to say, but neither of you really know what was going through their heads? Maybe there was a decent amount of voting based on Obama's race (and no doubt, that happened on both sides), but could you really blame them for feeling a little disenfranchised from the political scene? I'm not saying what they did is right nor that they really felt disenfranchised - for all I know, they just didn't care about politics and jumped on this bandwagon - but I'm sure it did happen to some people and they were motivated to vote this time around.

I don't know nor will I claim to know, but that doesn't really matter - the people have spoke and that's all there is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:20 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Shoot, I'm going to go jump off a cliff now. Instead of your usual "Suck it" and "STFU" type responses, why don't you tell us why you think McNabb suddenly decided voting was important?

Because, as Savoy pointed out, you have no clue what anyone's reasons for voting would have been without asking them.

And ya know, I don't believe I aimed those phrases at you. Who was it that said I like to jump in and defend Bman all the time?

I suppose we're back to occasionally agreeing on some topics... I think beer was the best one.

Hey, ya know, maybe I'M being the TOOL for not antagonizing these recent statements about Obama being black into some sort of interesting or productive, thought provoking discussion. McNabb votes for the first time 309907
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:29 pm

SavoyTruffle wrote:I understand what you guys (Mark and LT) are trying to say, but neither of you really know what was going through their heads? Maybe there was a decent amount of voting based on Obama's race (and no doubt, that happened on both sides), but could you really blame them for feeling a little disenfranchised from the political scene? I'm not saying what they did is right nor that they really felt disenfranchised - for all I know, they just didn't care about politics and jumped on this bandwagon - but I'm sure it did happen to some people and they were motivated to vote this time around.

I don't know nor will I claim to know, but that doesn't really matter - the people have spoke and that's all there is.
Savoy, I don't know if you read the story or not, but here is the first part of it:

Donovan McNabb grew up in Chicago never believing he would ever see a black man become president.

Perhaps that was one reason why the 31-year-old Eagles quarterback never registered to vote until this election.

McNabb, though, had met Barack Obama, believed in his ideas and supported his policies. When he watched Obama give his victory speech at Grant Park on Tuesday night, McNabb truly believed anything in America was possible.

“We’ve made big strides from what could possibly have happened in the past,” McNabb said Wednesday. “Here’s an individual who’s truly intelligent, smart, has a game plan for change and I’m truly excited for him.”

Several Eagles hollered Obama’s motto, “Yes we can!” in the locker room, and one even yelled, “We got a black president!” Most of a locker room filled primarily with black players was euphoric that Obama won the election to become the nation’s first black president.

Now, either the players voted based on his skin color, or the author of this story is assuming they did, although the one player who yelled “We got a black president!” obviously made it known that it was important to him. Many people here, including myself, have said race is not and should not be an issue. So why do these players mention it? These are professional football players we are talking about here. And yes, it happens on both sides. I've just never heard of people telling it to a reporter.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:38 pm

meta4 wrote:

Please don't try to convince us that the results were not indicative of anything but.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Did people vote for the first time this year because Obama is black ... you betcha. Some black people voted for him because he was black. Some white people voted for him because he is black. Some white people voted AGAINST him because he is black. What is wrong with being motivated to go vote? Hopefully they all stay engaged in the process.

Where is your whining about white people voting for the first time because he is black and voting against him just because he is black. A little hypocritical isn't it?

I should log on to AWB and see how that site is reacting to the election of Barack Obama as President, maybe a few on here could just tell me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 pm

meta4 wrote:Because, as Savoy pointed out, you have no clue what anyone's reasons for voting would have been without asking them.
See my reply to Savoy.

meta4 wrote:And ya know, I don't believe I aimed those phrases at you. Who was it that said I like to jump in and defend Bman all the time?
You included my quote. Was that just a slippage of the fingers?

meta4 wrote:I suppose we're back to occasionally agreeing on some topics... I think beer was the best one.
What's the relevance of that? Are you keeping score?

meta4 wrote:Hey, ya know, maybe I'M being the TOOL for not antagonizing these recent statements about Obama being black into some sort of interesting or productive, thought provoking discussion. McNabb votes for the first time 309907
Not sure if you're reading the same message board I am, but the thread is not about Obama being black. It's about celebrities voting for a candidate based on skin color. If McCain had won and Tom Brady said he was excited about the prospect of having a white president, I'm sure you would have been fine with that. Rolling Eyes
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:44 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Please don't try to convince us that the results were not indicative of anything but.

Fluck ... upset because people voted. Hilarious ... cry and whine because you got beat because people voted. That is sad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:45 pm

Is that the best rebutal that the Huffington Posts gives?

And I suppose the next thing you'll tell us is that he's going to govern from the center.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:46 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Why don't you tell me what the results were indicative of, and your source*. (*Each and every one.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:49 pm

Bman wrote:Did people vote for the first time this year because Obama is black ... you betcha. Some black people voted for him because he was black. Some white people voted for him because he is black. Some white people voted AGAINST him because he is black. What is wrong with being motivated to go vote? Hopefully they all stay engaged in the process.

Where is your whining about white people voting for the first time because he is black and voting against him just because he is black. A little hypocritical isn't it?

I should log on to AWB and see how that site is reacting to the election of Barack Obama as President, maybe a few on here could just tell me.
Please. I couldn't care less about AWB and what their posters think. If you can come up with a CELEBRITY who went public saying they voted against him because he's black, or a white one who voted for him because he's black, tell me about it and I'll condemn them too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:51 pm

Bman wrote:Fluck ... upset because people voted. Hilarious ... cry and whine because you got beat because people voted. That is sad.

No the sad thing is you had people voting that could've cared less about voting until a man of color gets the nomination.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:00 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Fluck ... upset because people voted. Hilarious ... cry and whine because you got beat because people voted. That is sad.

No the sad thing is you had people voting that could've cared less about voting until a man of color gets the nomination.

AMAZING ... voting against a person because he is black is A-OK with you but voting for someone because he is black is just wrong.

All I can say is wow! That is really sad. Should we just not allow them to vote? Should we have separate drinking fountains and restrooms too? I find it great that the black people in America were motivated to go vote even if it was because he was black. Now EVERY child in America knows that if they do the right things that they too can do anything.

America is MUCH better off beginning yesterday than what we were 48 hours ago.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:03 pm

This is the type of conversation that makes me miss MaryJ...

I personally think that while it is likely true that many blacks and white voted this time for the very first time, and may have done so for the purpose of getting a black candidate elected, to say that Obama won because of the black vote turnout must not be true, or Jesse Jackson would have been president in the 80's.

The issue here is not that his skin happens to be black, but rather because he was the best candidate for president, that also happened to be black. I think if someone is postulating that Obama won because of the black vote, he would have taken More states Like Georgia (30% black), or south carolina (too lazy to Look up% black)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:04 pm

oh... and I think McNabb Only learned to read last year...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

AMAZING ... voting against a person because he is black is A-OK with you but voting for someone because he is black is just wrong.

All I can say is wow! That is really sad. Should we just not allow them to vote? Should we have separate drinking fountains and restrooms too? I find it great that the black people in America were motivated to go vote even if it was because he was black. Now EVERY child in America knows that if they do the right things that they too can do anything.

America is MUCH better off beginning yesterday than what we were 48 hours ago.

Quit parsing my posts you clown

You are the one that stated the color factor was on both sides of the aisle. Geez, have you been reincarnated as Jesse?
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:11 pm

pez wrote:This is the type of conversation that makes me miss MaryJ...

I personally think that while it is likely true that many blacks and white voted this time for the very first time, and may have done so for the purpose of getting a black candidate elected, to say that Obama won because of the black vote turnout must not be true, or Jesse Jackson would have been president in the 80's.

The issue here is not that his skin happens to be black, but rather because he was the best candidate for president, that also happened to be black. I think if someone is postulating that Obama won because of the black vote, he would have taken More states Like Georgia (30% black), or south carolina (too lazy to Look up% black)

I think that about wraps up this post DING great post PEZ! cheers McNabb votes for the first time 795451
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down