The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Bush Lies start to come out

+3
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
floridafun
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More Bush Lies start to come out - Page 2 Empty Re: More Bush Lies start to come out

Post  floridafun Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:56 am

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:The truth must hurt you guys ... Bush wanted to lie to secure his victory, you are right LTRT we should not be surprised by this, he lied about war why not lie to win an election. This even puts his 2004 election credibility at stake, he LOST the 2000 election by almost 600,000 and had to attempt to lie to win reelection. Typical conservative do as I say not as I do. Wait, he prayed all the time so maybe God told him to lie and win reelection. Sounds like God must be a C-streeter himself if you listen to the right wing.

Yeah yeah, we get it. The truth doesn't hurt me, but this truth doesn't help things. There were/are some douchebags in Washington. Maybe even an entire crew of them with a well developed culture. So what? It's history, lets get over it and get back into the "now". I prefer to focus on what we/they can we do to help the economy, and reform healthcare so we can get to doing other things like building green energy infrastructure and keep America "the land of the free" as healthy as possible.

good points meta! altho i dont think moving forward means forgetting..or not discussing..the last admin. we need to recognize the whole truth of that admin, because it shouldnt happen quite that way again.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

More Bush Lies start to come out - Page 2 Empty Re: More Bush Lies start to come out

Post  floridafun Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:00 am

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:The truth must hurt you guys ... Bush wanted to lie to secure his victory, you are right LTRT we should not be surprised by this, he lied about war why not lie to win an election. This even puts his 2004 election credibility at stake, he LOST the 2000 election by almost 600,000 and had to attempt to lie to win reelection. Typical conservative do as I say not as I do. Wait, he prayed all the time so maybe God told him to lie and win reelection. Sounds like God must be a C-streeter himself if you listen to the right wing.

Yeah yeah, we get it. The truth doesn't hurt me, but this truth doesn't help things. There were/are some douchebags in Washington. Maybe even an entire crew of them with a well developed culture. So what? It's history, lets get over it and get back into the "now". I prefer to focus on what we/they can we do to help the economy, and reform healthcare so we can get to doing other things like building green energy infrastructure and keep America "the land of the free" as healthy as possible.

only problem i have with your post is that we know this is still a pervasive culture in washington, and we need to put as many dents in that old armour as possible..its time for a changing of the guard. that takes owning up to recent history.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:46 pm

floridafun wrote:
meta4 wrote:

only problem i have with your post is that we know this is still a pervasive culture in washington, and we need to put as many dents in that old armour as possible..its time for a changing of the guard. that takes owning up to recent history.

And recent history(last 6 months) indicates we can't wait another 3 1/2 years for change we can believe in. We'll be bankrupt before then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:37 pm

if for the past 7 years the money spent for dod and hs and life insurance for 3000+ soldiers killed had been spent instead--even half of it--on reining in the mortgage and credit and lending issues that were known and smoldering during that time, we wouldnt need to spend so much now.

and i dont like the newly released numbers either but i like transparency. if we can get a financial grip on out-of-control med/pharm industry abuses it would help.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 pm

floridafun wrote:if for the past 7 years the money spent for dod and hs and life insurance for 3000+ soldiers killed had been spent instead--even half of it--on reining in the mortgage and credit and lending issues that were known and smoldering during that time, we wouldnt need to spend so much now.

and i dont like the newly released numbers either but i like transparency. if we can get a financial grip on out-of-control med/pharm industry abuses it would help.

Your buddy Barney Frank was an obstacle to any attempt by the last administration to reign in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. It was the democrats who believe everyone should own a home whether or not they could afford it and as a result, you had a housing crisis on your hand.

Blame Saddam for the Iraq war. All he had to do was comply fully with one of the 18 different U.N. resolutions that were passed. He complies fully and there is no war.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:09 pm

i know you really think these things..your entitled. i dont, and i am equally entitled.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:40 am

Did Bush lie or did Saddam lie. 60 minute interview where Saddam told the FBI agent he had WMD to keep Iran at bay thinking the U.S. would not attack.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/01/24/60minutes/main3749494.shtml

It's on page 4

"And what did he tell you about how his weapons of mass destruction had been destroyed?" Pelley asks.

"He told me that most of the WMD had been destroyed by the U.N. inspectors in the '90s. And those that hadn't been destroyed by the inspectors were unilaterally destroyed by Iraq," Piro says.

"So why keep the secret? Why put your nation at risk, why put your own life at risk to maintain this charade?" Pelley asks.

"It was very important for him to project that because that was what kept him, in his mind, in power. That capability kept the Iranians away. It kept them from reinvading Iraq," Piro says.

Before his wars with America, Saddam had fought a ruinous eight year war with Iran and it was Iran he still feared the most.

"He believed that he couldn't survive without the perception that he had weapons of mass destruction?" Pelley asks.

"Absolutely," Piro says.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:39 am

floridafun wrote:i know you really think these things..your entitled. i dont, and i am equally entitled.

Yes you are entitled to think what you want but please stop trying to push your version as fact.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:44 am

Kroman wrote:Bush and Obama are two totally different administrations. Bush had 9/11 to deal with and Obama has an economy in the tank to deal with. Bush, along with John Kerry and other leading democrats, believe the CIA report that Iraq was hiding WMDs. After Iraq broke about 18 or 19 different UN resolutions with no consequences, the Bush adminstration made the call to go into Iraq. It's debatable whether or not we should have gone into Iraq but to continue to insist that he lied to go into Iraq for oil is simply unproven and has been a consistent weak argument from the left. The left needs to get over this folly. I could go on about Clinton and Carter but I prefer to stay in the present and not dwell in the past.

Obama is simply spending money we don't have. It was reported in the news today that 7% of the money from the cash from clunkers program has been distributed to the dealerships. These dealerships are losing money until the government can get around and pay them the money they own them. What's the deal here? A poorly run government program or is the government out of money? You make the call. The fact is this is the same government that wants to run a national "one size fits all" healthcare system. If somebody can't see the beauracracy and red-tape that would come with a government run healthcare system then he/she has her blinders on.

Obama passes an 800 billion + economic stimulus bill but only about 10% of the money has actually been paid out? What is up with that? The TARP money isn't making it's way to small businesses. Now the administration wants to ramrod a 1000 page healthcare bill through congress without taking the time to read the bill. Obama doesn't know everything in the bill. It's a joke and a majority of Americans are realizing that. An Obama deadline to get something done by is nothing more than the boy who cried wolf. He can keep putting deadlines on healthcare reform but nobody is listening. But then what do you expect when the country is run by a bunch of liberals(Obama, Pelosi, and Reid). They can't blame the republicans either because they have the votes in the house and senate to pass anything they want. The question is why can't they? Maybe the tea parties (or tea baggers like the looney left would refer to them as) is taking an effect. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents with the ability to think outside party lines are seeing the Obama administration trying to financially ruin this country.

Sorry for the long post. It could best be summed up as follows: "Obama, a one-term president"

Good post K (except all the Places you are wrong, LOL)... I actually thought they were really calling themselves teabaggers, I didnt realize I was slurring them :-)

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:08 am

Kroman wrote:
floridafun wrote:i know you really think these things..your entitled. i dont, and i am equally entitled.

Yes you are entitled to think what you want but please stop trying to push your version as fact.

Yea FF we have take his version as FACT.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Yea FF we have take his version as FACT.

I said 18 or 19 U.N. violations. Which one is it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:12 pm

Pez wrote:
Kroman wrote:Bush and Obama are two totally different administrations. Bush had 9/11 to deal with and Obama has an economy in the tank to deal with. Bush, along with John Kerry and other leading democrats, believe the CIA report that Iraq was hiding WMDs. After Iraq broke about 18 or 19 different UN resolutions with no consequences, the Bush adminstration made the call to go into Iraq. It's debatable whether or not we should have gone into Iraq but to continue to insist that he lied to go into Iraq for oil is simply unproven and has been a consistent weak argument from the left. The left needs to get over this folly. I could go on about Clinton and Carter but I prefer to stay in the present and not dwell in the past.

Obama is simply spending money we don't have. It was reported in the news today that 7% of the money from the cash from clunkers program has been distributed to the dealerships. These dealerships are losing money until the government can get around and pay them the money they own them. What's the deal here? A poorly run government program or is the government out of money? You make the call. The fact is this is the same government that wants to run a national "one size fits all" healthcare system. If somebody can't see the beauracracy and red-tape that would come with a government run healthcare system then he/she has her blinders on.

Obama passes an 800 billion + economic stimulus bill but only about 10% of the money has actually been paid out? What is up with that? The TARP money isn't making it's way to small businesses. Now the administration wants to ramrod a 1000 page healthcare bill through congress without taking the time to read the bill. Obama doesn't know everything in the bill. It's a joke and a majority of Americans are realizing that. An Obama deadline to get something done by is nothing more than the boy who cried wolf. He can keep putting deadlines on healthcare reform but nobody is listening. But then what do you expect when the country is run by a bunch of liberals(Obama, Pelosi, and Reid). They can't blame the republicans either because they have the votes in the house and senate to pass anything they want. The question is why can't they? Maybe the tea parties (or tea baggers like the looney left would refer to them as) is taking an effect. Democrats, Republicans, and Independents with the ability to think outside party lines are seeing the Obama administration trying to financially ruin this country.

Sorry for the long post. It could best be summed up as follows: "Obama, a one-term president"

Good post K (except all the Places you are wrong, LOL)... I actually thought they were really calling themselves teabaggers, I didnt realize I was slurring them :-)

I can't always be right even though I try to lean right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:10 pm

then theres the new little matter of investigation of cia for using tactics not within americas guidelines..ya know like torture...
those darn unpatriotic unamerican non militia supporting blackwater-disrespecting libs.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2