The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

happy labor day

3 posters

Go down

happy labor day Empty happy labor day

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 am

some radical commie liberals were singing this back in the 1930's..a song that changed america. because i am a seeger fan and a natalie fan i posted two..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iAIM02kv0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k34COolbdmY
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

happy labor day Empty Re: happy labor day

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm

It's too bad unions have gone from what they were in the 1930's to the corrupted outfits they are now.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:40 pm

so you dont think they have worked hard on cleaning that mess up in past several years? i give them credit on that.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:39 pm

floridafun wrote:so you dont think they have worked hard on cleaning that mess up in past several years? i give them credit on that.
That could be. 15 or so years ago I was a member of the Teamsters and it was pretty strange. A few of us thought we would be better off, at least have safer jobs, if we switched to a non-union shop. But there was genuine concern of the backlash from the union. The manager there said we would be better off without the union, but of course most blew that off. 3 years ago I went back to visit and sure enough, it was closed.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:21 pm

Unfortunately being a current union member I see the same things as in the past. Members saying why go above and beyond, we get paid the same as the best or the worst person performing the job. It was so immature earlier this year a guy was having a hissy fit because a junior member got what he thought was a better locker than him. WTF if that is the worst thing in your life you have it easy. Spent a whole week complaining about it to everyone instead of doing his job.

I'll be the first person in the shop to sign up to dissolve the union. Been a union member in the early 80's before the military and see no difference now.

Only surprising thing in my shop, most of the union members are republicans scratch Haven't quite figured that one out yet.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down