The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now this is good Mexican

+2
Aggie Transplant
Mort
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Now this is good Mexican Empty Now this is good Mexican

Post  Mort Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:37 am

Antigua Mexican Restaurant. 8607 US Highway 24 West Fort Wayne

wow just less then 2 miles from my place and the food was really good

You like marguerita's they had many kinds and at a really good price

The food was really good A gold mine in my back yard!! affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Now this is good Mexican Empty Re: Now this is good Mexican

Post  Aggie Transplant Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:02 am

I've been there a few times and thought it was pretty decent. I will say they are the best margaritas I've had in Fort Wayne so far.

Horrible location, though, at least it is for being easily spotted.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:39 pm

My wife ate there with her family a month or so ago.. said it was the worst mexican she's had in the fort.. which I find hard to believe anyone can be worse than Bandido's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:16 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:My wife ate there with her family a month or so ago.. said it was the worst mexican she's had in the fort.. which I find hard to believe anyone can be worse than Bandido's.

I like it pretty good .... your wife must not know good mexican then would be my guess.

Aggie, the location is freakin horrible to get to and to see and getting worse with the new hotel being built right there, they are completely boxed in now ... it can't survive there other than hotel traffic, maybe that is enough for them, they are kind of the restaurant for ALL of those hotels there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:55 pm

Mort wrote:Antigua Mexican Restaurant. 8607 US Highway 24 West Fort Wayne

I've visited twice, first time for drinks, second time for carry out. The burrito was OK, can't say that I should compare something in a styrofoam container on the same level as being served in the restaurant. For that matter, the taco's I had last week from Chipotle were absolutely awesome, and they were carry out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:31 am

Yeah I've been meaning to go to Chipotle's

I will try that one next
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Mort wrote:Yeah I've been meaning to go to Chipotle's

I will try that one next
Just my opinion, but I thought that Chipotle's was TERRIBLE! My daughter did not like it either, I had to take her through a drive thru after b/c she would not even eat it.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:20 pm

iberlingirl wrote:
Mort wrote:Yeah I've been meaning to go to Chipotle's

I will try that one next
Just my opinion, but I thought that Chipotle's was TERRIBLE! My daughter did not like it either, I had to take her through a drive thru after b/c she would not even eat it.

Just curious, What did you order? I've only had the tacos, chicken and pork...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:32 pm

I had a chicken burrito and my daughter had a beef burrito, I ate about 1/2 of mine and even tried hers. It was not nasty, but not anything that I would pay to eat again nor eat for free, for that matter.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:11 pm

We just had it for lunch -- I get the steak burrito, my hub gets the barbacoa. Yum.

We use both medium sauces; they'll put both on if you ask.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:38 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:We just had it for lunch -- I get the steak burrito, my hub gets the barbacoa. Yum.

We use both medium sauces; they'll put both on if you ask.

Yea I usually get 1/2 medium and 1/2 hot ... all hot is too damn hot for me the older I get.

I just had the chicken burrito yesterday. I like chipotles but Moe's is almost identical in my very important opinion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:32 am

Chipotle's is the slam. It reminds me of La Bamba but 1000 times better.

My only complaint...I'd like to use a different salsa. I'm not too big a fan of any of theirs. And $1.50 extra for guacamole is a little steep, in my opinion.

I won't go as far as to say it's better than any other joint...but damn, I've been there twice now and I'm looking forward to returning a 3rd time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:34 am

Bman wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:My wife ate there with her family a month or so ago.. said it was the worst mexican she's had in the fort.. which I find hard to believe anyone can be worse than Bandido's.

I like it pretty good .... your wife must not know good mexican then would be my guess.

Aggie, the location is freakin horrible to get to and to see and getting worse with the new hotel being built right there, they are completely boxed in now ... it can't survive there other than hotel traffic, maybe that is enough for them, they are kind of the restaurant for ALL of those hotels there.

She doesn't have your belly, but she knows Mexican. Green chicken usually isn't good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:36 am

Fleek wrote:Chipotle's is the slam. It reminds me of La Bamba but 1000 times better.

My only complaint...I'd like to use a different salsa. I'm not too big a fan of any of theirs. And $1.50 extra for guacamole is a little steep, in my opinion.

I won't go as far as to say it's better than any other joint...but damn, I've been there twice now and I'm looking forward to returning a 3rd time.

I agree.. it's a better more expensive La Bamba's. You can actually eat it sober.

I like that they have the Tabasco sauce there, I load up on it. I'd like to see more seating, but hey, it is what it is.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:58 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
Fleek wrote:Chipotle's is the slam. It reminds me of La Bamba but 1000 times better.

I agree.. it's a better more expensive La Bamba's. You can actually eat it sober.

I like that they have the Tabasco sauce there, I load up on it. I'd like to see more seating, but hey, it is what it is.

Hopefully it'll be better in the summer with the patios open. We love Chipotle, especially the kids. I love the steak burrito. It's so huge I end up saving the rest for lunch the next day. I must say, for fast Mexican food it reheats very well!
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:14 am

Where is this -------> La Bamba's.?????
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:25 am

Mort wrote:Where is this -------> La Bamba's.?????

La Bamba's used to be in the Fort by Piere's. They are mostly located on a college campus or in a busy nightlife area. My personal opinion of the place is that it's great at about 3:00 am after a long night of drinking, but doo doo if you eat there sober.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:09 am

The meat at La Bamba's was too mysterious for me. I'm with the general consensus...great drunk food. Not-so-good sober food.

And their salsa was absolutely horrible.

I had heard rumors that they were shutdown due to health code violations. Whether or not that's true, who knows. Like I said, it was a rumor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:45 am

Uncle Scratch's Gospel Revival w/Poopdeflex and Kan-tis
O'Sullivan's Italian Pub (1808 W. Main St., Fort Wayne)
4/19/08 @ 10:00pm - NO COVER CHARGE (FREE!!!)

Wow, I have not been to O's in many many yrs!! Use to go weekly, either Tuesday or Wednesday, I forget which the popular night was. Had some F U N times in there and the slices of pizza, after a few cold ones was da bomb!!!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:57 pm

iberlingirl wrote:Uncle Scratch's Gospel Revival w/Poopdeflex and Kan-tis
O'Sullivan's Italian Pub (1808 W. Main St., Fort Wayne)
4/19/08 @ 10:00pm - NO COVER CHARGE (FREE!!!)

Wow, I have not been to O's in many many yrs!! Use to go weekly, either Tuesday or Wednesday, I forget which the popular night was. Had some F U N times in there and the slices of pizza, after a few cold ones was da bomb!!!

Probably Tuesday nights...aka "College Night". They had karaoke and the place was packed EVERY Tuesday.

And they still have the pizza. You should come out on Saturday if you're free. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:12 pm

When I went, karaoke was not even a thought in anyone's mind.. LOL, it had not been invented yet.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:45 am

Tuesdays you can usually count on seeing a pair or two pop out... and that's a damn shame I tell you... a damn shame.

Now this is good Mexican 061
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:48 am

pez wrote:Tuesdays you can usually count on seeing a pair or two pop out... and that's a damn shame I tell you... a damn shame.

That's not all you can/could count on. There was always meat swinging, too. There was a guy that was ALWAYS there on Tuesday nights and he ALWAYS ended up naked, running through the bar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:02 am

Fleek wrote:
pez wrote:Tuesdays you can usually count on seeing a pair or two pop out... and that's a damn shame I tell you... a damn shame.

That's not all you can/could count on. There was always meat swinging, too. There was a guy that was ALWAYS there on Tuesday nights and he ALWAYS ended up naked, running through the bar.

And I thought an occasional fight out back was cool when I went there in the 80's.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:54 am

LTRT wrote:
Fleek wrote:

And I thought an occasional fight out back was cool when I went there in the 80's.

And don't forget the occasional accusations of rape upstairs...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next