The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excessive Lead Levels Found in Toys With Disney and Barbie Names

4 posters

Go down

Excessive Lead Levels Found in Toys With Disney and Barbie Names Empty Excessive Lead Levels Found in Toys With Disney and Barbie Names

Post  Canuck Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:56 pm

Since Christmas is coming up, I figured this information might be helpful to some.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/091117/health/health_us_toxic_toys

WASHINGTON - Children's toys carrying the Barbie and Disney logos have turned up with high levels of lead in them, according to a California-based advocacy group - a finding that may give consumers pause as they shop for the holiday season.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Excessive Lead Levels Found in Toys With Disney and Barbie Names Empty Re: Excessive Lead Levels Found in Toys With Disney and Barbie Names

Post  Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:13 pm

This is good stuff to know. I haven't even started thinking about buying the kids toys for Christmas.

The boys are into lego's and bionicle. My daughter likes horses and clothes.

I think I'll get 'em all socks and underwear!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Excessive Lead Levels Found in Toys With Disney and Barbie Names Empty Re: Excessive Lead Levels Found in Toys With Disney and Barbie Names

Post  Canuck Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:27 pm

meta4 wrote:This is good stuff to know. I haven't even started thinking about buying the kids toys for Christmas.

What the heck is up with the practical gifts? Razz

Possible solution??
Why not get the underwear with legos, bionicle and horses on them? This way you get what they like for them and what you wanted to buy for them...
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Canuck wrote:
meta4 wrote:This is good stuff to know. I haven't even started thinking about buying the kids toys for Christmas.

What the heck is up with the practical gifts? Razz

Possible solution??
Why not get the underwear with legos, bionicle and horses on them? This way you get what they like for them and what you wanted to buy for them...

We'll get 'em several toys each - I'm quite sure. Just sayin' that's what I'd like to do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:59 pm

well there goes Cincy Fan's girl's Christmas! Mad
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:00 am

i will keep this in mind when i do toy shopping for the grandkiddies..thanks canuck!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:53 am

Wow, I must really be behind some 8ball... I really did not think that toys, etc were still being made w/lead paint...
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:52 am

i thought they beheaded a guy in china last year that they decided was at fault for the lead paint issue..i suspect the toys selling now are what had already been procuced? surely they arent still at it?!? or are and thought we wouldnt be checking since they said they took care of the problem..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I think the companies using those suppliers should have better quality control. The brands make enough flippin money. And I don't think they are innocent in all this. They don't give a crap about the well being of children, they care about their profits.
Since this has been an issue in the past and everyone knows the danger it poses to children, it should be monitored closer.
Changing suppliers would be a good first step in my opinion.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:48 pm

i totally agree. i suspect if the toys cost a bit more for wages of usa people making them there would be no harm in a higher cost in the long run--kids really mostly have waay more toys than they really enjoy anyway. maybe folks would feel they can afford less, but they would know what they were getting and it would be nice to know it may be preserving somebodys job. i say make 'em here!!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down