The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glenbrook Mall losing restaurants

+3
Strate
LTRT
Shopaholic
7 posters

Go down

Glenbrook Mall losing restaurants Empty Glenbrook Mall losing restaurants

Post  Shopaholic Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:31 pm

We grabbed lunch at the mall today and learned from the Arby's manager that they are closing on May 31. She also said that she has heard that Sarku Japan and Bourbon Street Grill are also closing but doesn't know when.

It's a shame, the Arby's managers were always soooo great handling my son's allergies. They would actually go back and make his roast beef personally. Sarku and Bourbon Street don't disappoint me as much, but I'm surprised as Sarku seems to be busy quite often.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Glenbrook Mall losing restaurants Empty Re: Glenbrook Mall losing restaurants

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:12 am

Good riddance. Maybe Glenbrook itself will follow...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Glenbrook Mall losing restaurants Empty and stores

Post  LTRT Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:16 am

Fleek wrote:Good riddance. Maybe Glenbrook itself will follow...

What are there, 8 in the food ct? That's going to be about half of them closed.

Outside of the addition of Barnes & Noble, the mall has consistently gone downhill for the past couple of years. Before our most recent warm up in temps, the wife and I were walking a few nights a week out there. It's almost like every third store slot is vacant.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:34 pm

they charge too much for rent. It's a bit ridiculous, and there are other options available in town now. They ran Southtown out, my guess is JP and other strip malls are going to hurt them, but not run them out. Sears won't go anywhere and neither will Macy's, unless they go downtown.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:37 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:they charge too much for rent. It's a bit ridiculous, and there are other options available in town now. They ran Southtown out, my guess is JP and other strip malls are going to hurt them, but not run them out. Sears won't go anywhere and neither will Macy's, unless they go downtown.

Speaking of Jeff Point, been out there lately? It's becoming a ghost town. Shocked
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Strate Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Sears won't go anywhere and neither will Macy's, unless they go downtown.

Is this in the rumor mill?
Strate
Strate
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:02 am

Sarku Japan closing!?! I love that place, when the mood strikes me.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:20 am

I was at JP Friday night... there were people all over the place. It only gets busier in the summer, especially friday nights.

No rumors on Macy's or Sears moving, I was just saying that's the only way they'd ever move out of Glenbrook.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:36 am

While it's true that Jeff Pt has more 'people' there as the weather breaks, my point was that there are more vacant slots than ever at the complex. S&K has closed, nothing has ever moved into the Gap block. The entire wing west of the former Bombay is empty with the exception of a IU sports shop. Nothing has ever gone in the old toy store next to Stone Cold. The slot that held Ovation is empty, Shaper Image will be vacant soon and there are smaller slot vacancies east by Old Navy. Jeff Pt has lost it's luster, it's must be pretty bad out there when the Aboiters can't keep businesses from closing. Wink
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:53 am

LTRT wrote:While it's true that Jeff Pt has more 'people' there as the weather breaks, my point was that there are more vacant slots than ever at the complex. S&K has closed, nothing has ever moved into the Gap block. The entire wing west of the former Bombay is empty with the exception of a IU sports shop. Nothing has ever gone in the old toy store next to Stone Cold. The slot that held Ovation is empty, Shaper Image will be vacant soon and there are smaller slot vacancies east by Old Navy. Jeff Pt has lost it's luster, it's must be pretty bad out there when the Aboiters can't keep businesses from closing. Wink

OK Doe's husband .... is she as nasty in bed as she is online?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:57 am

oh look, there goes Bman crossing a line. Careful not to trip!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:04 am

I just KNEW that comment would get a rise out of Bman.

Cut me some slack dude, I come out to SW to shop, we live NW, all they build out here are Walmarts Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:24 pm

LTRT wrote:I just KNEW that comment would get a rise out of Bman.

Cut me some slack dude, I come out to SW to shop, we live NW, all they build out here are Walmarts Laughing

NO SLACK for you, step aside! - The Soup Nazi
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:06 pm

I don't think they have a ton of new closings.. it's never taken off. Fox and Hound is gone as well, noticed that Friday.

I don't know what they charge, but my guess is it's a combo of high rent and poor winter shopping. I go there for Bed Bath and Beyond, Eddie Bauer and that's about it. I'll grab a gift certificate at Victoria's Secret, but that's about it. Von Maur is just a rip off, and doesn't have anything that appeals to me, but I'm not their target.

Barnes and Noble is always packed, I've been there at 10pm on a saturday before and it's busy. There, Rave and Flatop always seem to be busy.

Look at Keystone, that place is usually somewhat empty as well. I think it's just the "fashion" mall idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:12 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I don't think they have a ton of new closings.. it's never taken off. Fox and Hound is gone as well, noticed that Friday.

I don't know what they charge, but my guess is it's a combo of high rent and poor winter shopping. I go there for Bed Bath and Beyond, Eddie Bauer and that's about it. I'll grab a gift certificate at Victoria's Secret, but that's about it. Von Maur is just a rip off, and doesn't have anything that appeals to me, but I'm not their target.

Barnes and Noble is always packed, I've been there at 10pm on a saturday before and it's busy. There, Rave and Flatop always seem to be busy.

Look at Keystone, that place is usually somewhat empty as well. I think it's just the "fashion" mall idea.

Von Maur's pricing are exactly the same as Macy's on like merchandise plus Von Maur ships for free, gift wraps for free and their credit card is interest free! You can't beat the store.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:43 am

$19 for a John Deere T-Shirt at Von Maur? No thanks. I'll goo to TSC. Plus they almost only carry Tommy Bahama, and I'm not in my 50's. Macy's runs sales all the time, that's why I go there. They might be regular priced the same as VM, but you never pay regular price there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:28 am

cardinal5150 wrote:$19 for a John Deere T-Shirt at Von Maur? No thanks. I'll goo to TSC. Plus they almost only carry Tommy Bahama, and I'm not in my 50's. Macy's runs sales all the time, that's why I go there. They might be regular priced the same as VM, but you never pay regular price there.

True I wouldn't pay $19 for a John Deere shirt either, but then again I don't wear them. But I will and do wear the Joseph Abboud shirts that you can find on sale for $19-25 at times. Very Happy

My biggest gripe with VM is the shoe dept. They have a whole room clearanced for women and the men get maybe 10 pairs on a shelf. Mad But then again, women buy all the shoes. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:56 pm

JMO (just my opinion) but I think that the women's shoe dept at VM sucks, they have some God Awful Ugly Ass Shoes! (can ya tell that I have NOT into fashion, or what is "in" at the moment)
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:45 am

Well for frigin sakes J. P. mall is designed for warm weather its the same setup they use in Hawaii and California....lol I thought it was weird when they put it in Fart Wayne.....jeesh its cold here more then its warm here...get a clue........

There is a huge strip Mall going in up North by Dupont road and Lima........

they charge way too much at Glenbroke..lol I hope it goes out of business........

And Sears with it

Oh and has anyone seen the "Beyond" Dept in Bed Bath and "Beyond" Question affraid

I need to see that....... confused
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shouldbeworking Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:32 pm

Just wait until Target opens ups this fall across from JP that should help kill off some more businesses...hopefully Walmart will receive the biggest loss
Shouldbeworking
Shouldbeworking
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down