The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you work traditional work hours

4 posters

Go down

Do you work traditional work hours on your primary job?

Do you work traditional work hours Vote_lcap57%Do you work traditional work hours Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 4 ]
Do you work traditional work hours Vote_lcap43%Do you work traditional work hours Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 7

Do you work traditional work hours Empty Do you work traditional work hours

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:13 pm

In your primary job are you a Monday thru Friday 9-5 type person. With factories with multiple shifts, stores open 24 hours, restaurants etc. I believe the traditional job is on the decline. I'm not talking about flex time or compressed work week (4 ten hour days vs 5 eight hour days).

Last edited by Scooby01_98 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add more)
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Do you work traditional work hours Empty Re: Do you work traditional work hours

Post  IrishGuy Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 pm

I work traditional hours. My regular day is 7:30 am until 4:30 pm with an hour lunch. I wish I worked four 10 hour days, especially in the summer.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:25 pm

officially I work 8-5 with an hour lunch. Right now I have been working what I call the night night shift... Start about 5:30, stop at 5:00 PM, family time until 8, the back on the clock until around 11.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:10 am

I do not work traditional hours. Working in tax incurs a lot of overtime. I left my last job because I had too many nights working until midnight after coming in at 6:30 AM, and enough of them where I had to work until 5 the next morning. (Our department was understaffed, and going through bankruptcy didn't help.)

I started a new job last month, and although the hours have been relatively normal, my predecessor left because of all the OT. And last night I was there until midnight, but that was because my family is all coming in on Saturday.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down