The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bush blames comgress for economy

+3
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bush blames comgress for economy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bush blames comgress for economy

Post  Markwes Fri May 02, 2008 10:31 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Cornhole requires beer.

I don't think either one is a sport.. they are both games. Cornhole requires muscle memory like bowling.. but you are throwing a 6 oz bag of corn instead of a 16 lb ball. And any event that requires a beer automatically eliminates it from contention as a sport.. which I guess means Bowling shouldn't even be a pseudo sport.
I have played basketball and softball after a few beers too, not as well, but still was able, so I don't think the beer clause is valid for defining a sport. Basketball
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Bush blames comgress for economy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bush blames comgress for economy

Post  Guest Fri May 02, 2008 3:02 pm

Markwes wrote:

I don't think either one is a sport.. they are both games. Cornhole requires muscle memory like bowling.. but you are throwing a 6 oz bag of corn instead of a 16 lb ball. And any event that requires a beer automatically eliminates it from contention as a sport.. which I guess means Bowling shouldn't even be a pseudo sport.
I have played basketball and softball after a few beers too, not as well, but still was able, so I don't think the beer clause is valid for defining a sport. Basketball

Cornhole requires beer WHILE playing. Big difference. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri May 02, 2008 4:57 pm

It's best when you have the special beer holders. I have some that stick in the ground behind the board, and off of the stick, there are two beer holders. My brother-in-law is a welder and he made me some top notch beer holders. Now I don't have to bend all the way over to set my beer on the ground, or drag a chair all the way out into the yard to set my High Life on.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 02, 2008 5:03 pm

IrishGuy wrote:It's best when you have the special beer holders. I have some that stick in the ground behind the board, and off of the stick, there are two beer holders. My brother-in-law is a welder and he made me some top notch beer holders. Now I don't have to bend all the way over to set my beer on the ground, or drag a chair all the way out into the yard to set my High Life on.

Powder coat those babys and you got a goldmine
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri May 02, 2008 5:04 pm

IrishGuy wrote:It's best when you have the special beer holders. I have some that stick in the ground behind the board, and off of the stick, there are two beer holders. My brother-in-law is a welder and he made me some top notch beer holders. Now I don't have to bend all the way over to set my beer on the ground, or drag a chair all the way out into the yard to set my High Life on.
I'm told the best ones are the kind that afix to a helmet with straws coming out of them...that way there's little unneccessary activity. Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri May 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
I'm told the best ones are the kind that afix to a helmet with straws coming out of them...that way there's little unneccessary activity. Very Happy

That poses a problem, when you bend over to pick up the corn bags, beer spills. Maybe I can affix some sippy cups on the helmet, then drill a hole in the sippy cup lid and run the hose in there.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Fri May 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:

Powder coat those babys and you got a goldmine

Oh yeah, they are powder coated. They are up at the lake and sit out most of the summer and look brand new.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 03, 2008 11:31 am

cardinal5150 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Cornhole requires beer WHILE playing. Big difference. lol

ok... so we must throw out the idea that a ball is required and that beer is required.

So a sport is taking place if both of these qualities are present:
1. an individual or team is measuring physical ability against another individual or team
2. The outcome is objective and measurable

Bowling must be a sport, Figureskating is not...

I'm glad I could clear this up... :-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue May 06, 2008 7:15 am

Markwes wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
SavoyTruffle wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:NASCAR is the dirtiest event in the country. It's not even a sport.

I wrote a letter to the editor about this maybe 5-6 years ago (called it a game and compared it to Candyland), and I was in the crosshairs of some pretty rough letters for weeks to come. But it was in response to someone who said soccer wasn't a sport, but wrote a list of things that were sports. NASCAR was among them, so of course I had to call the guy out.
Of course Soccer is a sport. It uses a ball! Now if NASCAR drivers had to somehow pass a ball around while driving, I'd be willing to call it a 'sport.'
Now, that would be interesting. Or how about a relay team like in track where 4 drivers on the same team have to pass a baton? That would certainly increase the stategizing.

Thats great makes sense...I agree with Card we need to go the next step with our fuels.....stop with fossil fuels there are so many other ways........ affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3