The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillary and Billy

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hillary and Billy Empty Hillary and Billy

Post  Guest Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Was listening to Rush this afternoon on my way through town.. someone called in who was at a rally with Billy boy was speaking and he held up his cell phone so you could hear him on the radio.

Apparently Bill was able to change the oil in a car at 4-5 years old. Anyone else finding this slightly ridiculous?

Hillary today claimed she would "break up" the OPEC "monopoly" in oil while pumping oil up in South Bend... what a joke. I wish I could have driven through so I could tell her she's a fucking moron.

Obama meanwhile can't seem to run fast enough to get away from his pastor.. and bman, I'm quite curious on this one since you are an ardent Obama supporter. You hate when religious folk use it as an excuse to spread hate.. and yet this man is doing so. How can you not question Obama sitting there for 20 years and listening to this and only now deciding the guy is wrong?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hillary and Billy Empty Re: Hillary and Billy

Post  Markwes Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:20 pm

I listened to a little of Pat White on the way home. After the thrilling "Dancing with the Stars" update, he was talking about the latest with reverend Wright. A woman (who claimed to not be an Obama supporter) went off about why aren't we sticking with relevant issues instead of worrying about who Obama associates with. I wanted to tell her that I thought it was overblown at first too, but then Obama kept changing his tune the more the reverend opened his mouth. He came out and basically agreed with Wright at first, and now he is distances himself and tells us this isn't the same man he met 20 years ago. That I have a problem with.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:38 pm

I heard that lady on Pat White too on my way home. She was pretty...uhh....persistant.

A part of me kind of feels for Obama in the sense that this nutjob pastor is saying so much. Everyone has a person in their life, whether it is a relative, freind, co-worker, etc. that you some how associated with that is a moron. I have a group of about 10 guys that I went to high school with and we still get together 4 or 5 times per year to hang out, drink beer, play poker, raise hell and so forth. There is one guy who always seems to show up. He's kind of a wierdo and the rest of us realize it.

On the other hand, I do agree with Markwes that Obama sided with this guy during the early stages of his run and now he is trying to run away from him.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:37 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Was listening to Rush this afternoon on my way through town.. someone called in who was at a rally with Billy boy was speaking and he held up his cell phone so you could hear him on the radio.

Apparently Bill was able to change the oil in a car at 4-5 years old. Anyone else finding this slightly ridiculous?

Hillary today claimed she would "break up" the OPEC "monopoly" in oil while pumping oil up in South Bend... what a joke. I wish I could have driven through so I could tell her she's a fucking moron.

Obama meanwhile can't seem to run fast enough to get away from his pastor.. and bman, I'm quite curious on this one since you are an ardent Obama supporter. You hate when religious folk use it as an excuse to spread hate.. and yet this man is doing so. How can you not question Obama sitting there for 20 years and listening to this and only now deciding the guy is wrong?

Yeh I heard Billy running off with the mouth again, when I heard him say that I just cracked up.

Meanwhile, Miss Hill made her debut on Fox tonight on the Factor. She was talking the same garbage during her interview with Bill O'reilly. I thought it was cool when he told her that she'd bankrupt the country with Hillcare.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:45 pm

LTRT wrote:
Meanwhile, Miss Hill made her debut on Fox tonight on the Factor. She was talking the same garbage during her interview with Bill O'reilly. I thought it was cool when he told her that she'd bankrupt the country with Hillcare.

Yeah, I cracked up when I heard that, and I hate that shit eating grin on her face when he's asking a detailed question. If I was there I'd slap that botox laden mask to make her stop. Who in the hell smiles like that when in a dialog with someone on an intellectual level?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:51 pm

i think obama was trying to be fair and kind, and knew there are some comments he didnt agree with all along but the overall sermons wer not the same as the repetitive damaging soundbytes we have all heard.

sorry but alot of good christian fold sit thru large parts of sermon mentally mulling thru their week and having an internal conversation with their god..does everyone sit with 100% attention on every word every week? maybe some but certainly not all.

i think the latest distancing is because wright went over the edge on talking about whities plot of starting aids to infect blacks..and part of it is politics i am sure, but i think its from inside him. thats one of the things i like about him.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 10:27 am

I agree.... the pastor issue is being a bit overblown, but.. if you listen to someone for 20 years, and the media is about to pull a couple soundbites recently of him saying God Damn America and Kill Whitey, odds are he's said more than that when the camera's weren't on, and in private. So Obama can't claim he didn't know, or else he's admitting that he's either ignorant, or simply attends for political gain to show "he's religious".

That said, he has made his entire campaign about him, and his personality. How he will change things, well, that means he's basing it on his character, and here we have an example of something that speaks directly to his character, so it's relevant.

We have no real way to know he'll do what he says. Bill went into office saying he'd shore up American jobs, then signed NAFTA which is wife is now claiming shipped jobs across the boarder. Bush I came in with the infamous "Read my lips", and then raised taxes. Bush II came in and actually has done what he said he'd do, lower taxes, address schools. He's just at war, so the libs will ignore everything else. What's sad is that he's actually been the only one of the past 3 who has done what he said he'd try and do in his campaign.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 10:38 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I agree.... the pastor issue is being a bit overblown, but.. if you listen to someone for 20 years, and the media is about to pull a couple soundbites recently of him saying God Damn America and Kill Whitey, odds are he's said more than that when the camera's weren't on, and in private. So Obama can't claim he didn't know, or else he's admitting that he's either ignorant, or simply attends for political gain to show "he's religious".

That said, he has made his entire campaign about him, and his personality. How he will change things, well, that means he's basing it on his character, and here we have an example of something that speaks directly to his character, so it's relevant.

We have no real way to know he'll do what he says. Bill went into office saying he'd shore up American jobs, then signed NAFTA which is wife is now claiming shipped jobs across the boarder. Bush I came in with the infamous "Read my lips", and then raised taxes. Bush II came in and actually has done what he said he'd do, lower taxes, address schools. He's just at war, so the libs will ignore everything else. What's sad is that he's actually been the only one of the past 3 who has done what he said he'd try and do in his campaign.

What a feckin' crazy post ... do they allow accountants at your firm to smoke crack? George W. Bush has NOT done what he said he would do. But this election is not about W Bush it is about our future. Bush said he would improve our schools, he gave us "No Child Left Behind" which was just a bunch of UNFUNDED MANDATES. Kind of like a CEO telling his minions go and improve Customer Service but we are not going to fund any of your ideas to improve service. Secondly, Bush said he was a compassionate conservative ... WTF!!! Bush was going to do something about the Energy crisis, well he sure did. Cheney locked the Oil Execs up in his office and came up with a plan and now he refuses to release the notes from those meetings.

Bush II is going down as the worse Presidency since Herbert H. Hoover. I did not think anyone would top the Carter legacy but Bush has.

Sad thing is McCain has been quoted as saying " you could make the case that things have improved over the past 8 years". Really? What a pandering senile old schmuck he is.

I attend church and don't agree with everything my pastor says. So what. Barack Obama could have disavowed Wright sooner sure. Like before he ran for office. Obama has more faith in his friends/acquintances and the american public. Obama does not want to throw anyone under the bus, I think that is admirable. I find it refreshing someone that does not throw someone under the bus for political gain.

I know I am not swaying anyones vote here but think about it ... things are worse now, that is a fact. Think about the type of person you think all three candidates really are. I think Obama is a thoughtful caring human being who will try to improve the lives of ALL american just not the top 3%. Yes, my vote is locked in, I have already voted and voted for Obama.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu May 01, 2008 10:41 am

** Me thinks if Mr. Wright was McCain's pastor, we would have heard alot more on the subject from Mr. bman. ** Twisted Evil
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 10:49 am

IrishGuy wrote:** Me thinks if Mr. Wright was McCain's pastor, we would have heard alot more on the subject from Mr. bman. ** Twisted Evil

I have not been bitching much about Rev. Hagee's endorsement of McCain and McCain's acceptance of that endorsement though. So Hagee hates Catholics and John McCain must too, so be it. Seems like all Right Wingers hate someone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 11:08 am

Bman wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:** Me thinks if Mr. Wright was McCain's pastor, we would have heard alot more on the subject from Mr. bman. ** Twisted Evil

I have not been bitching much about Rev. Hagee's endorsement of McCain and McCain's acceptance of that endorsement though. So Hagee hates Catholics and John McCain must too, so be it. Seems like all Right Wingers hate someone.

John Hagee is a class "A" Texas televangelist nutcase. He built his church on gloom and doom eschatology (study of the end times aka apocalypse). If the same scrutiny be applied to McCain as Obama, let's just say Hagee's babblings are a treasure trove of possible fodder.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 11:22 am

Does Bill Maher attend Rev. Hagee's services?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 am

Bman wrote:

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Does Bill Maher attend Rev. Hagee's services?

I have no idea where Bman got this bit of info. I doubt you'll hear Hagee say "I hate Catholics" but if I do recall, he has raised some rather sharp, yet compellingly thoughtful criticisms of the church that St. Peter built. I come from a non-denominational background, and looking in from the outside when I was 8 years old, Catholics and the ceremonial style of their worship were "different"... perhaps the word I would have used then was "Weird".

I was not raised Catholic, yet married a Catholic and I refused to join the Catholic church when we were married. I still support my wife's faith (squelch, opinion withheld). Ouch, I have something stuck in my eye....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 11:52 am

meta4 wrote: Ouch, I have something stuck in my eye....
That would be my finger... lol!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 12:05 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Does Bill Maher attend Rev. Hagee's services?

I have no idea where Bman got this bit of info. I doubt you'll hear Hagee say "I hate Catholics" but if I do recall, he has raised some rather sharp, yet compellingly thoughtful criticisms of the church that St. Peter built. I come from a non-denominational background, and looking in from the outside when I was 8 years old, Catholics and the ceremonial style of their worship were "different"... perhaps the word I would have used then was "Weird".

I was not raised Catholic, yet married a Catholic and I refused to join the Catholic church when we were married. I still support my wife's faith (squelch, opinion withheld). Ouch, I have something stuck in my eye....

Meta ... read

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/29/john-hagees-mccain-endor_n_89189.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu May 01, 2008 12:20 pm

"huffingtonpost" lol!
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 12:28 pm

LTRT wrote:"huffingtonpost" lol!

I don't think the Huffingtonpost would misquote a pastor, so at least the article presents his statements and beliefs fairly, unless you just want to believe what Ann Coulture and Slimbaugh tells you.

Last edited by Bman on Thu May 01, 2008 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 2:37 pm

the fact still remains he has listened to this man for 20 years and never once thought hey.. he's not quite right here on some things. Sorry, but if my pastor (assuming i went to church) started preaching politics and saying god damn America, I'd be out the door. That's not religion.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu May 01, 2008 3:24 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:the fact still remains he has listened to this man for 20 years and never once thought hey.. he's not quite right here on some things. Sorry, but if my pastor (assuming i went to church) started preaching politics and saying god damn America, I'd be out the door. That's not religion.

Keep in mind, the subject here won't honor the American flag.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 3:35 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:the fact still remains he has listened to this man for 20 years and never once thought hey.. he's not quite right here on some things. Sorry, but if my pastor (assuming i went to church) started preaching politics and saying god damn America, I'd be out the door. That's not religion.

Sounds like the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer wouldn't wear the AIDS ribbon..."If you're against AIDS, you must wear the ribbon." "If you're an American, you must wear an American flag lapel pin."

I'd much rather have a president (with no lapel pin) capable of restoring our economy and image around the world than one who wears an American Flag lapel pin and wages needless wars.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 3:50 pm

I hate lapel pins.. to me the people who wear them are the ones who feel they need to make up for something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 3:54 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I hate lapel pins.. to me the people who wear them are the ones who feel they need to make up for something.
Exactly!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu May 01, 2008 4:06 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:

Sounds like the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer wouldn't wear the AIDS ribbon..."If you're against AIDS, you must wear the ribbon." "If you're an American, you must wear an American flag lapel pin."

I'd much rather have a president (with no lapel pin) capable of restoring our economy and image around the world than one who wears an American Flag lapel pin and wages needless wars.

He wouldn't honor the flag when the Pledge of Allegiance was spoken. I could care less about a lapel pin.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 4:16 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:

He wouldn't honor the flag when the Pledge of Allegiance was spoken. I could care less about a lapel pin.
That got debunked by, among others, snopes.com...
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/fact-checker/2007/11/obama_nabbed_by_the_patriotic.html
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down