The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Edwards allegedly caught with mistress

2 posters

Go down

John Edwards allegedly caught with mistress Empty John Edwards allegedly caught with mistress

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:56 am

So my wife and I were arguing about this on Friday. Seems that some National Enquirer "caught" John Edwards leaving the Beverly Hilton and assumed he was with Rielle Hunter. Fox News is running the story but almost all other MSM outlets have not carried the story.

She (wife) believes it to be true because the other MSM's have not commented on the story. I allege it's partisan dirt to destroy Edwards' chances at being picked as VP. Wife says she'll believe its NOT true when Edwards lawyers file suit for slander.

Is this the only way to beat what appears to be MSM "dirty tricks"? Thoughts?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

John Edwards allegedly caught with mistress Empty Re: John Edwards allegedly caught with mistress

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:12 am

I don't think it's so much of a "dirty trick" by MSN as much as it's a practice of the media these days. Look at A-Rod, was that only Fox or MSN? What about Barry Bonds? He's still yet to be proven guilty of anything, but no one thinks he's innocent. Canseco's book.. no one sued him..

Edwards is a pretty savvy lawyer (right?), if this isn't true, I don't see how he can't respond quickly. If he's not guilty, I would assume he would come out and either say 1) I'm not going to dignify this or 2) I'm suing unless it's retracted. Plus if he does the second, it would make him look better as a VP because he won't take any crap.

If he's guilty.. well... chalk him up as another cheating politician
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

John Edwards allegedly caught with mistress Empty Re: John Edwards allegedly caught with mistress

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:19 am

sorry, not picking nits but wanted to clarify that by "MSM" I meant "main stream media"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:38 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Edwards is a pretty savvy lawyer (right?), if this isn't true, I don't see how he can't respond quickly. If he's not guilty, I would assume he would come out and either say 1) I'm not going to dignify this or 2) I'm suing unless it's retracted. Plus if he does the second, it would make him look better as a VP because he won't take any crap.

If he's guilty.. well... chalk him up as another cheating politician

Not sure how good of a lawyer he is. I thought he did international law or something. Well, it seems Fox hasn't stated he was having an affair. I'm starting to agree that it seems the Enquirer is in the noose for this, all Edwards has to do is pull the rope.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:30 pm

ahh... I read MSM to mean MSN, not main stream media...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:32 pm

He was an ambulance chaser.... as a lawyer. Think Blackburn and Greene only really high $$ amounts and malpractice from what I remember.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:38 pm

And you all talk about believing junk Laughing

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:27 am

after reading the reports a few times i got curious and googled..wound up watching some vids on youtube. they are mainly from when the alleged mistress was producing vids while on the plane with edwards and others in the press etc. yea theres plenty cut out, but the whole vid would be interesting and could debunk to his advantage. if he doesnt release the whole vids fairly soon i think these will bite him. i also checked out his web page, and there are several vids he promotes there that do not show when you click to watch them...seemed odd because some others do? why not remove the title or link or whatever if they are no longer available?

i went into this thinking this was the usual national enquirer-type reporting and was rather sure anything i found..which would surely amount to nothing..would be about as well-proven as the non-existant tape with michelle obama angrily spouting off about whitey.

surprisingly i got a definate vibe from edwards body language and general tone during the tapes that leave some doubt in my mind that its all a sham. i chalked it up to excitement and being pumped up about the appearance he just left or was about to make..understandable to me. but it wore thin after a while and i am now thinking there may be something to it. there are a series of 4 vids the woman made called "plane truths" .....the only real question is whether is rielle or josh inspiring his flirty humor jocolor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qu36ZFNQcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDjxDL00mvg&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECWwDSRF1_4&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnr2IGCFoOU&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCFv0yuD_2M&feature=related
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down