The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for making salmon burgers

+2
Cincy Fan 44
Canuck
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tips for making salmon burgers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tips for making salmon burgers

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:04 pm

I was pretty proud of my onion rings. Thanks a lot. Smile
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Tips for making salmon burgers - Page 2 Empty Re: Tips for making salmon burgers

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22 pm

Markwes wrote:I was pretty proud of my onion rings. Thanks a lot. Smile

LOL, you didn't tell us about them. I've never made onion rings. I do enjoy them from time to time though.

Meta, as for the leg of lamb, I've never cooked a whole one before. However from discussions with a friend of mine, this is what I would try and now you are giving me incentives to try all of these things and not just think about them.

Coat the leg of lamb in mustard, add some garlic to the mixture, put it in the fridge overnight. I would slice it so the stuff gets inside too.
Next day, take it out from the mustard marinade, take some fresh herbs, blend them together and make a paste, rub that on.
Were you thinking of doing this on a BBQ or in the oven? I am thinking if it is done on a BBQ, get it seared on high heat first, then move it to an area of indirect heat to finish it. I think it will take some time to cook though.

I am thinking of buying this little smoker. This will work great for this kind of stuff.
http://www.barbecue-smoker-grill.com/smgrch.html
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:43 pm

Canuck wrote:
Markwes wrote:I was pretty proud of my onion rings. Thanks a lot. Smile

LOL, you didn't tell us about them. I've never made onion rings. I do enjoy them from time to time though.

Meta, as for the leg of lamb, I've never cooked a whole one before. However from discussions with a friend of mine, this is what I would try and now you are giving me incentives to try all of these things and not just think about them.

Coat the leg of lamb in mustard, add some garlic to the mixture, put it in the fridge overnight. I would slice it so the stuff gets inside too.
Next day, take it out from the mustard marinade, take some fresh herbs, blend them together and make a paste, rub that on.
Were you thinking of doing this on a BBQ or in the oven? I am thinking if it is done on a BBQ, get it seared on high heat first, then move it to an area of indirect heat to finish it. I think it will take some time to cook though.

I am thinking of buying this little smoker. This will work great for this kind of stuff.
http://www.barbecue-smoker-grill.com/smgrch.html

What I was thinking was to:
get a leg, about 2.5-3 lb.
de-bone it
stuff that cavity with some pesto (Mint, cheese, Pine Nuts or Almonds, Olive Oil, Garlic, salt)
tie it up good
make little slits in the outside and stuff garlic slices into the holes
Sear in skillet
Roast in oven at 425 for 20 min.
Decrease heat to 350 for 30-40 min. depending on size, internal temp.
take it out and let it rest for 10 min.
slice

I like the grill idea! Hot grill for 15 min, transfer to smoker... awesome!

Hey, my dad used to have that smoker, we didn't use it that much but it's a great little smoker for the price.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:58 pm

I really like the idea of de-boning it stuffing it with that combination of herbs etc...Fantastic.
I was thinking of cooking it with the bone up above there. I saw on this show that if you allow the meat to cook for a little bit, then take it out and wrap the bone part with foil, it helps to cook the meat from the inside as well, keeping it moist.
Now this just means I will have to try both methods. lol!

Bass Pro Outdoor World has that same smoker for $35.00. I think I will buy it.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Canuck wrote:Bass Pro Outdoor World has that same smoker for $35.00. I think I will buy it.

You'll love that side door. And it doubles as a grill. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:36 pm

meta4 wrote:
Canuck wrote:Bass Pro Outdoor World has that same smoker for $35.00. I think I will buy it.

I'd love to get some of this food you guys are cooking. Very Happy pig
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:49 pm

Place the order LTRT. LOL. We'll make arrangements to get you food. Razz

Oh yeah, meta. I read a few reviews about it, it was positive for the most part.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:15 pm

meta4 wrote:

You'll have to sit on that smoker all night to maintain temperature. It will get the job done does only cost $35.00. I have a Weber Smokey Mountain and the thing is awesome. It's a little bit more expensive (~$200) but once I get the temp stabilized I hit the sheets for the entire night and tend to the smoker in the morning.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2