The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flip that House

2 posters

Go down

Flip that House Empty Flip that House

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:48 am

Foreclosure fallout: Houses go for a $1
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080813/METRO/808130360/&imw=Y

Although this wouldn't be my first choice, there are 3 within 2 blocks of me. The wife has been giving me the elbow jab on the neighborhood ones. Idea Research has led me to find out that I can get each of them for 30k below avg sales price. We'll see...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Flip that House Empty Re: Flip that House

Post  IrishGuy Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Is there a website or something that lists the houses that are in foreclosure? Or do you know those are in foreclosure from walking/driving etc. around the neighborhood?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:23 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Is there a website or something that lists the houses that are in foreclosure? Or do you know those are in foreclosure from walking/driving etc. around the neighborhood?

Watch in the newspaper for announcements re: sherrif's sales
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:30 pm

IrishGuy wrote:Is there a website or something that lists the houses that are in foreclosure? Or do you know those are in foreclosure from walking/driving etc. around the neighborhood?

I use RealtyTrac for some info, but alot of my pricing info comes from inside the biz. My son has been in the mortgage industry for years, currently employed by a local Title company.

Aside from that, 1 house is directly behind me adjacent prop line, 1 is 3 doors down and the other is 7 houses down the street. Inquiring neighbors need to know. Wink

http://www.realtytrac.com/
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:32 pm

meta4 wrote:Watch in the newspaper for announcements re: sherrif's sales

That's true, but it's usually too late then to get the real deal. Uh, maybe not, but you know not all/most of them make to a sheriff sale.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:30 pm

meta4 wrote:

Yeah I look through those from time to time, but you know how it is, little font, 2 year old, hungry dog, etc.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:43 pm

IrishGuy wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Yeah I look through those from time to time, but you know how it is, little font, 2 year old, hungry dog, etc.

yea, and it's always "parcel described as 50 cubits SSE Of Lot 15 and 15 cubits NNW of somethingorother"....

I originally thought that this would be something I would like to do, but as it turns out I'm not 100% kicked in the arse about this town anymore, and the though of having 3 houses I cant get rid of is less than appealing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 pm

pez wrote:I originally thought that this would be something I would like to do, but as it turns out I'm not 100% kicked in the arse about this town anymore, and the though of having 3 houses I cant get rid of is less than appealing.

This is exactly what a half dozen people I've talked to lately in that situation have said as well. It sucks.

Most recently... "I've got 3 houses on the south side, south of Paulding, and they're worth about $15k each and nobody will even look at them. They're LIVE-ABLE and only need some landscaping."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:32 pm

it's all about location.. if your outside of the 469 loop you can rent the houses somewhat regularly... if your're inside, it's hit or miss, and a lot of the hits usually result in having to spend more money in repairs than you get in rent. especially if you go to the SE side, and not in the area that Pez lives..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down