The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Palin pipeline terms curbed bids: AP investigation

5 posters

Go down

Palin pipeline terms curbed bids: AP investigation Empty Palin pipeline terms curbed bids: AP investigation

Post  Canuck Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:20 am

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081025/business/palin_pipeline

By Justin Pritchard And Garance Burke, The Associated Press

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Gov. Sarah Palin's signature accomplishment - a contract to build a 2,760-kilometre pipeline to bring natural gas from Alaska to the lower 48 states - emerged from a flawed bidding process that narrowed the field to a Canadian company with ties to her administration, an Associated Press investigation says.

Beginning at the Republican National Convention in August, the McCain-Palin ticket has touted the pipeline as an example of how it would help the United States achieve energy independence.

Despite Palin's boast of a smart and fair bidding process, the AP investigation found her team crafted terms that favoured only a few independent pipeline companies and ultimately benefitted the winner, TransCanada Corp.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Palin pipeline terms curbed bids: AP investigation Empty Re: Palin pipeline terms curbed bids: AP investigation

Post  floridafun Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:35 pm

yeah i saw a couple articles on this recently. rather an iffy situation there. too bad nobody vetted her until the press started digging for facts! welll...too bad for the rr and the neocons--great for us!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Palin pipeline terms curbed bids: AP investigation Empty Re: Palin pipeline terms curbed bids: AP investigation

Post  Markwes Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:56 pm

floridafun wrote:yeah i saw a couple articles on this recently. rather an iffy situation there. too bad nobody vetted her until the press started digging for facts! welll...too bad for the rr and the neocons--great for us!
So this election is a sporting event to you too? Tell me who "us" is that this is great for? Tell me how anything that can be viewed as negative about an opponent (though "iffy" does not equal negative) can be construed as "great"? If Palin becomes president at some point, are you hoping she will fail so you win?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Markwes wrote: If Palin becomes president at some point, are you hoping she will fail so you win?

Not hoping. Certain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:54 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote: If Palin becomes president at some point, are you hoping she will fail so you win?

Not hoping. Certain.
Got your magic 8 ball out today?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Markwes wrote:
floridafun wrote:yeah i saw a couple articles on this recently. rather an iffy situation there. too bad nobody vetted her until the press started digging for facts! welll...too bad for the rr and the neocons--great for us!
So this election is a sporting event to you too? Tell me who "us" is that this is great for? Tell me how anything that can be viewed as negative about an opponent (though "iffy" does not equal negative) can be construed as "great"? If Palin becomes president at some point, are you hoping she will fail so you win?

Mark, seriously the question should be, why do you support this ticket? Back off the judging of Obama supporters and tell us why you are such an ardent McCain supporter or would you rather bash Obama?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:59 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Not hoping. Certain.
Got your magic 8 ball out today?

Well some would say that she already has enough "FAIL" awards to cover the walls in her Governors office. At least she's got souvenirs.

Too bad about US companies not being considered for the pipeline job. My guess is that this Canadian company employs some Alaskan laborers so she can say it's a "score" for jobs in AK.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:54 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Mark, seriously the question should be, why do you support this ticket? Back off the judging of Obama supporters and tell us why you are such an ardent McCain supporter or would you rather bash Obama?
You're kidding right? Where did I just portray myself as as an ardent McCain supporter OR an Obama basher? I just asked a couple of simple questions. Why is this article "great for us" as FF says?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:29 pm

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

You're kidding right? Where did I just portray myself as as an ardent McCain supporter OR an Obama basher? I just asked a couple of simple questions. Why is this article "great for us" as FF says?

its great for me and those who are not supporting the mccain-palin ticket because it is a big political disadvantage for m-p ticket to have all the real vetting done by the media..and i dont mean untrue/actul lies or gossip crap or if anyone in her lifetime of acquaintances ever was one we would deem unsavory.
i mean the facts about her being under investigation for abuse of her governor power and the eventual finding of guilt of ethics violations in her method of governance regarding the troopergate issue; the actual state of finances before and after she presided over wasilla as mayor; her drastic cut of funding for an already-scheduled special olympics game; her ridiculing as a pork project the stupid scientific study of fruit flies..then referred to her support for studies geared toward learning more about autism--ditzy sarah who doesnt read anything except teleprompters didnt realize the fruit fly study DID provide exciting news for autism which may lead to advances in understanding autism spectrum disorders; etc etc etc.

yes having her vetted by fact seekers after she has been touted as the neocon version of a sheilded savior is indeed good for her foes. if the neocons win, she isnt MY veep any more than cheney is. your welcome to disagree but thats my story and i am stickin to it.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:16 am

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

its great for me and those who are not supporting the mccain-palin ticket because it is a big political disadvantage for m-p ticket to have all the real vetting done by the media..and i dont mean untrue/actul lies or gossip crap or if anyone in her lifetime of acquaintances ever was one we would deem unsavory.
i mean the facts about her being under investigation for abuse of her governor power and the eventual finding of guilt of ethics violations in her method of governance regarding the troopergate issue; the actual state of finances before and after she presided over wasilla as mayor; her drastic cut of funding for an already-scheduled special olympics game; her ridiculing as a pork project the stupid scientific study of fruit flies..then referred to her support for studies geared toward learning more about autism--ditzy sarah who doesnt read anything except teleprompters didnt realize the fruit fly study DID provide exciting news for autism which may lead to advances in understanding autism spectrum disorders; etc etc etc.

yes having her vetted by fact seekers after she has been touted as the neocon version of a sheilded savior is indeed good for her foes. if the neocons win, she isnt MY veep any more than cheney is. your welcome to disagree but thats my story and i am stickin to it.
I didn't ask for examples of things she has done that you disagree with. We have 2 presidential candidates and 2 VP's that could conceivably become president. You think it's great to have one side that does everything you believe is right, and another side that does the opposite. I would rather have choices that are all good where regardless of who gets in, I can feel pretty confident.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:48 am

Mark, I am sure there are some that feel that way now ... oh ... wait ... NOPE!!! I don't think ANYONE feels good about having McCain running economic policy in this country, well maybe the UBER rich do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:48 am

Markwes wrote:

Markwes, I guess I'm becoming confused. Since this post, are you building a point anywhere or just squeezing sour grapes preemptively? What've you got to say about the pipeline?

Shit or get off the pot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:11 am

meta4 wrote:Markwes, I guess I'm becoming confused. Since this post, are you building a point anywhere or just squeezing sour grapes preemptively? What've you got to say about the pipeline?

Shit or get off the pot.
So we have never strayed slightly off topic? bounce

Okay, if you want my opinion on the article, it sounds like there could be some politics involved. Not really hugely significant though.

If you are confused as to my point, I don't know what else to say. Go back and read it again if you are really interested.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:22 am

Markwes

Markwes Please do us all a flavor cherry and tell us why your voting for Sen.J McCain and that crazy Alaskan please ? You can have a whole post to yourself Hell I'll give you one whole page cheers

Please enlighten us study
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:46 am

Mort wrote:Markwes Please do us all a flavor cherry and tell us why your voting for Sen.J McCain and that crazy Alaskan please ? You can have a whole post to yourself Hell I'll give you one whole page cheers

Mort, I would be glad to tell you why I'm voting for McCain if I was actually planning to vote for McCain. Apparently, I'm speaking in foreign tongues here when I simply asked why Floridafun thinks it's "great" that Palin MAY have engaged in a flawed bidding process for the pipeline. So let me use a local example. Let's say that the coverup by Matt Kelty had gone unnoticed until after the election, and that he was indeed elected mayor. A couple months into office, an investigation uncovers what we know to be true, that he did not report some campaign contributions. Would you consider it "great" that we now have a dishonest mayor? Now, take that scenario and apply it to the possibility of McCain/Palin in the White House. If you think she's a corrupt politician and she makes it to the big chair, how is that a good thing in your eyes?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:50 am

Markwes wrote:
Mort wrote:Markwes Please do us all a flavor cherry and tell us why your voting for Sen.J McCain and that crazy Alaskan please ? You can have a whole post to yourself Hell I'll give you one whole page cheers

Mort, I would be glad to tell you why I'm voting for McCain if I was actually planning to vote for McCain. Apparently, I'm speaking in foreign tongues here when I simply asked why Floridafun thinks it's "great" that Palin MAY have engaged in a flawed bidding process for the pipeline. So let me use a local example. Let's say that the coverup by Matt Kelty had gone unnoticed until after the election, and that he was indeed elected mayor. A couple months into office, an investigation uncovers what we know to be true, that he did not report some campaign contributions. Would you consider it "great" that we now have a dishonest mayor? Now, take that scenario and apply it to the possibility of McCain/Palin in the White House. If you think she's a corrupt politician and she makes it to the big chair, how is that a good thing in your eyes?

We are doing all we can to stop her from being a heart beat away ... seems like it is the republicans not doing enough to stop this incompetent from taking office.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:16 pm

mark your comparison to kelty--IF he were already in office when his dishonesty was discovered--is moot. sarah ISNT in office yet. i think it is good that since the neocon camp declined to vett her, she is being thoroughly vetted by the media PRIOR to her potentially being in office--its good for me and like minded folks because for anyone looking at anything more than race or gender or fear/hate mongering, it clearly gives good reason NOT to vote her in. it would include her flawed bidding process, and the things i added to it seem to make a pretty strong case against her methods and capabilities..even if you never listened to her interviews.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:41 pm

floridafun wrote:mark your comparison to kelty--IF he were already in office when his dishonesty was discovered--is moot. sarah ISNT in office yet. i think it is good that since the neocon camp declined to vett her, she is being thoroughly vetted by the media PRIOR to her potentially being in office--its good for me and like minded folks because for anyone looking at anything more than race or gender or fear/hate mongering, it clearly gives good reason NOT to vote her in. it would include her flawed bidding process, and the things i added to it seem to make a pretty strong case against her methods and capabilities..even if you never listened to her interviews.
Thanks for the response. Still, it's based on your certainty that she would not make a good president. Fact of the matter is that no one, including yourself, knows what kind of leader she, or Obama, or McCain, would make because none of them have been in that position (although Meta4 will tell us otherwise Suspect )
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:54 pm

Markwes wrote: (although Meta4 will tell us otherwise Suspect )

I think this 'lection is unique that the campaigns and MSM have synergized to lay open most of the important issues that voters are concerned about, for those (of us) who are paying attention.

It's not rocket surgery anymore, a distinct difference has been made clear between the candidates.

I loved reading this article after recalling Palin's comment on Saturday that "this is my jacket from my closet back home", and then to read this article about similar comments made...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/27/palin.tension/index.html

A Palin aide, however, told CNN that the governor clearly felt like she had to say something to defend herself, because "that's really not who she is."

A Palin associate, however, said the candidate is simply trying to "bust free" of what she believes was a damaging and mismanaged roll-out.

McCain sources say Palin has gone off-message several times, and they privately wonder whether the incidents were deliberate. They cited an instance in which she labeled robocalls -- recorded messages often used to attack a candidate's opponent -- "irritating" even as the campaign defended their use. Also, they pointed to her telling reporters she disagreed with the campaign's decision to pull out of Michigan.

A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," this McCain adviser said. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."

... as if it could get any worse...

CNN contributor and Republican strategist Ed Rollins said Palin was "mishandled" during the earlier part of the campaign, and as a result, "she's become a target of a lot of ridicule."

But, he said, "She definitely is going to be the most popular Republican in this country when this thing is over."

The Politico reported Saturday on Palin's frustration, specifically with McCain advisers Nicolle Wallace and Steve Schmidt. They helped decide to limit Palin's initial media contact to high-profile interviews with Charlie Gibson of ABC and Katie Couric of CBS, which all McCain sources admit were highly damaging.

In response, Wallace e-mailed CNN the same quote she gave the Politico: "If people want to throw me under the bus, my personal belief is that the most honorable thing to do is to lie there."

I'd say this is a clear message to the GOP to stand up and say she doesn't represent us, or our ideals and get her out of the limelight, and quick.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Wonder if Ted Stevens being found guilty will have any trickle down (hahaha) effect on Palin. Hopefully her career is over after November 4th.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Bman wrote:Hopefully her career is over after November 4th.
Gosh that's awful nice of you to say of someone...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:Hopefully her career is over after November 4th.
Gosh that's awful nice of you to say of someone...

"Darn tootin' " quoting Sarah herself.

Hey I think she would make a great President of the Wasilla Assembly of God School PTA President. Heck I would even endorse her for that job. There ... a compliment for her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:40 pm

Bman wrote:"Darn tootin' " quoting Sarah herself.
Are you sure you're not quotin' Tina Fey? (I know it's hard to tell them apart et al).
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down