The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fake military veteran hid under 'ocean of lies'

2 posters

Go down

Fake military veteran hid under 'ocean of lies' Empty Fake military veteran hid under 'ocean of lies'

Post  LTRT Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 pm

Fake military veteran hid under 'ocean of lies'
http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/11/veteran.imposter/index.html

(CNN) -- Richard Strandlof said he survived the 9/11 attacks on the Pentagon. He said he survived again when a roadside bomb went off in Iraq killing four fellow Marines. He'd point to his head and tell people he had a metal plate, collateral damage from the explosion.

Richard Strandlof says he didn't mean to cause harm when he lied about being a military veteran.

Crowds ate up his story. He canvassed Colorado appearing at the sides of politicians. Inspiring and seemingly authentic, he spoke on behalf of veterans at the state Capitol.

It turns out the whole thing was a lie. He wasn't at the Pentagon. He was never a Marine. He never served his country. He never graduated from the Naval Academy. He claimed his name was Rick Duncan.

He formed a group called the Colorado Veterans Alliance, and the FBI is now investigating whether he embezzled money as a result.

I hope he has done something illegal and goes to jail for it. It's scumbags like this that stain the very fabric of our awesome armed forces. Bummer I didn't run into him on the street after his web of deceit came out, because I could've showed him what real Marines do with trash. Mad
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Fake military veteran hid under 'ocean of lies' Empty Re: Fake military veteran hid under 'ocean of lies'

Post  iberlingirl Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:36 pm

I hope he has done something illegal and goes to jail for it. It's scumbags like this that stain the very fabric of our awesome armed forces. Bummer I didn't run into him on the street after his web of deceit came out, because I could've showed him what real Marines do with trash. Mad

Well said! I absolutely agree!
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down