The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seven Dead In Texas Military Base Shooting

+3
Markwes
LTRT
Canuck
7 posters

Go down

Seven Dead In Texas Military Base Shooting Empty Seven Dead In Texas Military Base Shooting

Post  Canuck Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:21 pm

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/091105/world/us_shooting_crime_military

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Armed gunmen Thursday killed seven people and wounded at least 12 others in a rampage at Fort Hood military base in Texas, US media and officials said.

One gunman was in custody, but another remained on the loose on the sprawling base in Killeen, Texas, MSNBC television reported, adding the shooter at large was believed to have a high-powered sniper rifle. It added there was also speculation that there were possibly three gunmen.

Local congressman John Carter confirmed on MSNBC there had been a shooting at the base, saying the gunfire had erupted during a graduation ceremony in the soldier readiness center. He could not confirm reports of injuries.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Seven Dead In Texas Military Base Shooting Empty Re: Seven Dead In Texas Military Base Shooting

Post  LTRT Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:40 pm

SAD DAY........
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Seven Dead In Texas Military Base Shooting Empty Re: Seven Dead In Texas Military Base Shooting

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:30 pm

Sad indeed.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:23 am

a shrink no less.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:38 am

floridafun wrote:a shrink no less.

Yeah, wild. Glad it wasn't terrorist related, etc. Not really happy about saying "glad" in this context, but I hope you know what I mean.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:25 pm

meta4 wrote:

Yeah, wild. Glad it wasn't terrorist related, etc. Not really happy about saying "glad" in this context, but I hope you know what I mean.
Yeah, but I'll bet there are peaceful Muslims who said to themselves..."Oh crap!"
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Yeah, but I'll bet there are peaceful Muslims who said to themselves..."Oh crap!"

and wished he wouldn't have shouted "Allahu Akbar!" beforehand. Suspect
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Shopaholic Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:44 pm

My cousin is stationed there and I was thankful to find out last night he and his family are all ok. Many thoughts and prayers to the families that weren't so lucky.
Shopaholic
Shopaholic
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 464

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:33 pm

Talk about burying the lead...Obama gives odd "Shout-Out" before addressing shooting...

Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Talk about burying the lead...Obama gives odd "Shout-Out" before addressing shooting...

With giving 'shout-outs', why he diss his homies in Chicago? I'm surprised he didn't step up and say 'wassup', real professionalism there from the POTUS. afro

and he gaffes his medal mentioning also.

I want to thank my Cabinet members and senior administration officials who participated today. I hear that Dr. Joe Medicine Crow (ph) was around, and so I want to give a shout out to that Congressional Medal of Honor winner. It's good to see you.

It's called the Congressional Gold Medal.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:26 pm

Ok, should we move this thread to the nat'l politics thread... (sheesh, talk about missing Bman)

Anyone know what kind of side arm is standard issue for officers of his rank?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm

LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

he loved his god..dont all religious folk?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:33 pm

i am certain alotta muslims said exactly that..my sympathy to them for whatever this may stir up in their communities!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:15 pm

meta4 wrote:Ok, should we move this thread to the nat'l politics thread... (sheesh, talk about missing Bman)

Anyone know what kind of side arm is standard issue for officers of his rank?

Used to be the Beretta 9M, not sure if that is still it. I know the CG was switching to a sig 40 caliber (P226), not sure if the other services were going that way or not.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:55 pm

floridafun wrote:
LTRT wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
meta4 wrote:

he loved his god..dont all religious folk?
Sure, but I think it means a little something different coming from a little old lady praying in a church than from a killer right before he goes on a shooting rampage.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:53 pm

dont lets start on christians here and the acts they committ in the throes of their faith. susan smith. the lord told her all her children were posessed by satan and to kill them or some such thing.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:40 pm

floridafun wrote:dont lets start on christians here and the acts they committ in the throes of their faith. susan smith. the lord told her all her children were posessed by satan and to kill them or some such thing.
And so what is your point? I never said that everyone who claims to be Christian is good, and in fact didn't even mention Christianity. I was just responding to your flippant remark.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:20 am

and i was responding to yours. whiner.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:31 am

Good comeback. Rolling Eyes
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down