The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Military Causilities (by presidential year)

Go down

Military Causilities (by presidential year) Empty Military Causilities (by presidential year)

Post  IrishGuy Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:36 pm

Let me start this off by stating that I am a very non political person. When it comes time to vote, if I vote, I do something crazy and vote for the person who I think will do the best job without political party bias. I received an email over the weekend with the following information. I think the numbers are interesting especially with as much crap the current administration gets concerning the war. Take if for what it's worth, the email is as follows:

This is very very interesting. Please take a look then pass it on if you feel it is worth others being made aware.

Marine Corps League
Essex County Detachment

Subject: Military losses, 1980 through 2006

This is interesting.........

Whatever your politics, however you lean, however you feel about the current administration, this report should open some eyes.

Military losses, 1980 through 2006
(ttp://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf>; )

As tragic as the loss of any member of the US Armed Forces is, consider the following statistics:

The annual fatalities of military members while actively serving in the armed forces from 1989 through
2006:

1989 .......... 1,636 (George H W Year)
1990 .......... 1,508 (George H W Year)
1991 .......... 1,787 (George H W Year)
1992 ......... 1,293 (George H W Year)
1993 .......... 1,213 (Clinton Year)
1994 .......... 1,075 (Clinton Year)
1995 ......... 2,465 (Clinton Year)
1996 ........ . 2,318 (Clinton Year)
1997 ........... 817 (Clinton Year)
1998 ......... 2,252 (Clinton Year)
1999 ........ 1,984 (Clinton Year)
2000 ......... 1,983 (Clinton Year)
2001 ............ 890 (George W Year)
2002 ......... 1,007 (George W Year)
2003 .......... 1,410 (George W Year)
2004 .......... 1,887 (George W Year)
2005 ............. 919 (George W Year)
2006.............. 920 (George W Year)
2007........... .899 (George W Year)

Clinton years (1993-2000): 14,000 deaths
George W years (2001-2006): 7,932 deaths

If you are surprised when you look at these figures, so was I. These figures mean that the loss from the
two latest conflicts in the Middle East are LESS than the loss of military personnel during Bill Clinton's
presidency; when America wasn't even involved in a war!

It surprised me too, so I went on line to find out what military actions we were in during Clinton's
presidency. Here is a web site we found that lists out those conflicts. (not war)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_actions_by_or_within_the_United_States#1991-1999

And, I was even more shocked when I read that in 1980, during the reign of President (Nobel Peace Prize winner) Jimmy Carter, there were 2,392 US military fatalities! I think that these figures indicate that many members of our Media and our Politicians will pick and choose the information on which they report.

Of course we all know that they present only those 'facts' which support their agenda-driven reporting.
But why do so many of them march in lock-step to twist the truth? Where do so many of them get their marching orders for their agenda? Obviously there is one shared agenda, and I believe it is clear it comes from the most powerful Democratic family of the decade.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Military Causilities (by presidential year) Empty Re: Military Causilities (by presidential year)

Post  Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:02 pm

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/deaths.asp

Whoops. Always check Snopes before reposting emails.

For actual figures, see page 11, http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/natsec/RL32492.pdf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Military Causilities (by presidential year) Empty Re: Military Causilities (by presidential year)

Post  Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:51 pm

yea, we saw this guy go around before... it has a lot to do with the fact that the worst years of GW arent part of the report yet, and they didnt record combat losses or non combat losses etc...

I personally (nothing against IrishGuy) find the idea of this email fwd to be somewhat insensitive to the families of the dead. Since it's postulating that there were 7500 deaths during the Bush years that the number should be more like 3500 since the war in Iraq is a complete sham and had nothing to do with Alqeada until we showed up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:39 pm

Interesting... from the report Jugo posted average deaths per president....

Ronnie - 2,799 soldiers per year
George Sr - 1,556 soldiers per year
Willy - 938 soldiers per year
George Jr - 1,465 soldiers per year

So even when we aren't actively engaging anyone we lose close to 1,000 soldiers/year. Also, does anyone remember media reports of how many soldiers died during any of the previous 3 presidencies? I only remember a couple at the end of Clinton's.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down