The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAHH, College, spring and

Go down

AAHH, College, spring and Empty AAHH, College, spring and

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:07 am

Tear gas. Apparently these idiots couldn't afford to go anywhere on spring break.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080407/NEWS01/804070343&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080406/VIDEO03/804060597

If you look at the slide show, it shows the cops on one side ACLU in the middle and rioters on the other side. And the ACLU wants to know why they get a bad rap.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

AAHH, College, spring and Empty Re: AAHH, College, spring and

Post  Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:22 am

it bugs me that college used to be a hotbed of political dissidence.... now the riots are about the right to hang out in the street and chug beer...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:46 am

"I almost think the cops instigated it to an extent,"

Then, the ticketing started. "I think that sort of upset people,"

Both from the same MSU Junior.. what a dope. Cops instigate riots by telling people to go home and giving them tickets if they don't? Mob mentality.. gotta love it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:11 pm

He only almost thinks that... he's clearly in intellectual have-not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:17 pm

Ah, good ol' riots! While I was at Purdue, there were a couple riots (early 2000's). One was when we lost the NCAA women's basketball championship to ND and the other when the men's team beat someone in the tourney (insert joke about low standards here). Yeah, they were pretty stupid, but it was definitely an interesting thing watching riot police from on top of a parking garage and being on the ground and being in the center of a helicopter's spotlight. I think the funniest part of the whole thing was that there were police taking pictures of those who were actually causing damage and such. The next day, they posted pictures of the "perps" online and said there was a reward for anyone who could name the people in the pictures. It didn't take much for people to cash in and sell others out.

Maybe pointless rioting is a Big Ten tradition? Surely Thoreau would be proud of the whole thing - Laughing
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down