The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senator Ma'am Boxer Gets Smacked Down!

+2
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Go down

Senator Ma'am Boxer Gets Smacked Down! Empty Senator Ma'am Boxer Gets Smacked Down!

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Hillarious...just simply hillarious!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Senator Ma'am Boxer Gets Smacked Down! Empty Re: Senator Ma'am Boxer Gets Smacked Down!

Post  LTRT Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:46 pm

Saw this the other day and was going to post it, thanks for doing that!

I'm sure we'll have some posters say it wasn't a smackdown at all. Suspect

Maybe they'll even say it didn't happen at all, it was all made up since your clip is from that Billo guy on Faux news. Wink
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Senator Ma'am Boxer Gets Smacked Down! Empty Re: Senator Ma'am Boxer Gets Smacked Down!

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:48 am

pretty far reach to call this news. a revisit from something that wasnt much more than a blip on the radar to begin with. frankly this is a good example of me getting less interested here. i dont see anyone posting they noticed bp got the contract on the iraq oil wells, or the hate crimes bill being tucked into a defense budget, or the absolutely insane diatrabe by pat robertson about the constitution being signed 100% by only white folks who after all built this nation all by themselves etc..
its all about either proudly being the in support of the party of no, or proudly not being a supporter of the party of no. so little reasoning out of why we feel the way we do, regardless of political party. so little...substance anymore. those few of us remaining rarely express much except soundbites because personal thinking only invites disrespect from some who disagree.
i am kinda surprised i haven seen any outrage yet that obama actually wears his comfy old jeans in public (but then i never go to the sporting-event thread), outcry because the damned gasoline prices have dropped which must mean obamas economy is failing, nor demands to know what did michelles new hairdo cost.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:33 am

floridafun wrote:i am kinda surprised i haven seen any outrage yet that obama actually wears his comfy old jeans in public (but then i never go to the sporting-event thread)
Didn't mind the jeans at all. It's a baseball game for crying out loud. What did surprise me somewhat was that he wore a Chicago White Sox jacket when the game was played in St. Louis. Oh well, he loves his ChiSox probably as much as I love me 'Nati Boys and if I was in his situation, I probably would've worn my Reds coat.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:43 pm

Well FF, maybe it is because we can sit back and watch the Dems destroy themselves with there own policies. Saw the poll yesterday in USA today where in the 6 month ranking, Obama is only 10th out of 12 presidents since Harry Truman, with Jimmy Carter being more favorable than Obama at the 6 month juncture. I never would have thought that.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/presidential-approval-tracker.htm?poe=HFMostPopular
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:13 pm

floridafun wrote:i dont see anyone posting they noticed bp got the contract on the iraq oil wells, or the hate crimes bill being tucked into a defense budget, or the absolutely insane diatrabe by pat robertson about the constitution being signed 100% by only white folks who after all built this nation all by themselves etc..
Feel free to post on any of those topics. Though I fail to see why it seems you feel it should be a requirement to post about something stupid Pat Robertson might have said in order to make a point about something stupid a U.S. Senator said.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:32 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:i am kinda surprised i haven seen any outrage yet that obama actually wears his comfy old jeans in public (but then i never go to the sporting-event thread)
Didn't mind the jeans at all. It's a baseball game for crying out loud. What did surprise me somewhat was that he wore a Chicago White Sox jacket when the game was played in St. Louis. Oh well, he loves his ChiSox probably as much as I love me 'Nati Boys and if I was in his situation, I probably would've worn my Reds coat.

I caught a tiny bit of Rush Limbaugh over the weekend, he was analyzing the fact that Obama decided to wear a white sox jacket so that he could explain away all the boos from the crowd he receieved... and said GW Bush was a real man because he didnt throw like a girl.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I caught a tiny bit of Rush Limbaugh over the weekend, he was analyzing the fact that Obama decided to wear a white sox jacket so that he could explain away all the boos from the crowd he receieved... and said GW Bush was a real man because he didnt throw like a girl.
Heh heh. That's pretty good. By the way, not to brag but I'm in South Carolina on the oceanfront. Very Happy

Cheers to everyone in Indiana. Wait, what am I doing on the net? Going for a swim...
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:Well FF, maybe it is because we can sit back and watch the Dems destroy themselves with there own policies. Saw the poll yesterday in USA today where in the 6 month ranking, Obama is only 10th out of 12 presidents since Harry Truman, with Jimmy Carter being more favorable than Obama at the 6 month juncture. I never would have thought that.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/presidential-approval-tracker.htm?poe=HFMostPopular

just trying to remember..maybe you can help me out here..which of them came into office within a couple months of a near implosion internationally and nationally of finances as obama did, plus 2 wars going on, plus job losses and recession coming to be that had been discussed and lived with--and ignored by prior admin-- for more than several months, plus the socisal security funding issues, plus the cost of gasoline that was an huge issue for a while and surely isnt really on a corrected path yet altho it is better now, plus a broken health care system in which profits skyrocketed while patient services dwindled and decreased, yet increased in cost to all insured people, plus the damage to our standing as leaders and an ethical people because of the torturing and lies and all that stuff from the past 8 years, plus the continues healing from 9-11 whivch happened under the watch of the prior admin altho there was intel suggesting it was about to happen and the admin chose to ignore it altho some pleaded with them to take it seriously.

seems to me its been a unique situation far as what there was to deal with. i dont recall truman but i remember ike and all after him. think i just saw a poll this morning that showed 67% of americans have confidence in our current presidents leadership..no surprise there because we have all played poll comparisons before.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:41 am

floridafun wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Well FF, maybe it is because we can sit back and watch the Dems destroy themselves with there own policies. Saw the poll yesterday in USA today where in the 6 month ranking, Obama is only 10th out of 12 presidents since Harry Truman, with Jimmy Carter being more favorable than Obama at the 6 month juncture. I never would have thought that.

just trying to remember..maybe you can help me out here..which of them came into office within a couple months of a near implosion internationally and nationally of finances as obama did, plus 2 wars going on, plus job losses and recession coming to be that had been discussed and lived with--and ignored by prior admin-- for more than several months, plus the socisal security funding issues, plus the cost of gasoline that was an huge issue for a while and surely isnt really on a corrected path yet altho it is better now, plus a broken health care system in which profits skyrocketed while patient services dwindled and decreased, yet increased in cost to all insured people, plus the damage to our standing as leaders and an ethical people because of the torturing and lies and all that stuff from the past 8 years, plus the continues healing from 9-11 whivch happened under the watch of the prior admin altho there was intel suggesting it was about to happen and the admin chose to ignore it altho some pleaded with them to take it seriously.

seems to me its been a unique situation far as what there was to deal with. i dont recall truman but i remember ike and all after him. think i just saw a poll this morning that showed 67% of americans have confidence in our current presidents leadership..no surprise there because we have all played poll comparisons before.
It's pretty clear that regardless of what happens, he can do no wrong in your eyes. As much as I try, I just can't resist commenting on the above paragraph.
1. I see you either bought into or are perpetuating Obama's fear mongering tactics to make us think we were all heading for absolute doom if Congress didn't act immediately on the financial "crisis". Yes, it's a problem, but "near implosion" is a bit dramatic.
2. I keep hearing about how he inherited 2 wars. What's the 2nd? Afghanistan? Not every country where we have troops stationed constitutes a war.
3. Blaming Bush for not preventing the events of 9/11 proves you have fallen off the wagon. But I do admit it's a good way to throw the usual anti Bush jab into every criticism of Obama.
4. And last but most obvious, even if he did inherit all the problems you mention, what does that have to do with his ratings? When he was elected president, I truly thought he would be a popular president because in the minds of many Americans, like the Beatles said, "It can't get no worse". Time will tell, but it seems to me his supporters are dwindling. FDR didn't have a problem with negative ratings.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 am

It's pretty clear that regardless of what happens, he can do no right in your eyes. As much as I try, I just can't resist commenting on the above paragraph.
1. hmmmm shall we compare fear mongering attack practices between this admin and the prior admin? obama gives facts about our health care crisis which many many americans are victims of and voted obama into office primarily to get the health care in america overhauled in a way that would include a public option...and the prior admin just jacked up the national security to orange any time the naysayers publicized newly learned pesky facts about their actual lies. how about the prior admins campaign against mccain where the winning strategy was to infer mccain had fathered a black child?
2. so bush sent bunches of troops to afghanistan and who bombed and shot their way thru the whole country,,who demolished the infrastructure then basically deserted and ignored aiding and supporting the people whose lives were in ruin, and focused on doing a better job of the same in iraq. and thats not a war, its just patriotic self defense?
3. the evidence of the specific warning about soon-to-be attack on america using planes and mocking americas lack of airport security has been made public as has the numerous people who took it seriously and tried to convince the admin it required attention were blown off and ignored by the admin. it was investigated and folks actually testified to the 911 commission about it. but they were probably all obama supporters.
4. so you can name no other prez who was voted in under similar circumstances as obama, you think it should have no impact on his ratings. wow. your are entitled to your own biased opinion just as i am entitled to have mine. i keep hearing his supporters are dwindling but i just dont see factual evidence that its happening. i dont happen to think questioning or even swaying on a specific huge issue from the person you helped vote into office means you no longer support them. i just never do a mental comparison between obama or any other current/recent prez to prior and long-deceased presidents, as some do. examples..fdr..reagan..understanding history is one thing..realizing the differences modernization and cultural shifts make must be included or its only half the story and an unlearned lesson.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down