The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the glenn beck thread

+3
Pez
Fighter59
floridafun
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

the glenn beck thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the glenn beck thread

Post  floridafun Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:18 pm

Markwes wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:I read it; more moonbat rantings..... can't get beyond the past, can't look to beyond u tube and huffington post. Same drivel, same people applauding the drivel.
the glenn beck thread - Page 3 795451 the glenn beck thread - Page 3 795451
POTD

Same drivel is right. Has anyone noticed that anyone on here who has criticized even one thing Obama has done has gotten lumped in with the "Obama haters"? Has there been a conservative leaning poster here who has ranted about whether or not Obama is a citizen, if he's a Muslim, or wants to have a government health care plan that kills grandma, or whatever other crap FF keeps rambling about? Hell, Cincy has even given the guy a compliment a few times, and he still gets thrown into the dumb conservatives without an attention span group. And yet in that seemingly never ending post about nothing, FF never mentioned the things that we have discussed the most like, oh, I don't know, the pork-bill stimulus, the $9 trillion estimated deficit, the idiotic cash for clunkers thing?

i dont know how you missed my posts in other threads about all the topics you mention here. the other stuff i get from faux and worldnutdaily and awb. its all facts to some folks, i am simply recognizing but disagreeing with their reality. and uh its september 2009..your team didnt get voted in.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:43 pm

Criticize Obama = Obama Haters

Criticize Bush = Unpatriotic

Seems to me like the Left is just trying to get back at the Right for the W years.

By the way, good speech tonight by Obama.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:58 pm

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:I read it; more moonbat rantings..... can't get beyond the past, can't look to beyond u tube and huffington post. Same drivel, same people applauding the drivel.
POTD

Same drivel is right. Has anyone noticed that anyone on here who has criticized even one thing Obama has done has gotten lumped in with the "Obama haters"? Has there been a conservative leaning poster here who has ranted about whether or not Obama is a citizen, if he's a Muslim, or wants to have a government health care plan that kills grandma, or whatever other crap FF keeps rambling about? Hell, Cincy has even given the guy a compliment a few times, and he still gets thrown into the dumb conservatives without an attention span group. And yet in that seemingly never ending post about nothing, FF never mentioned the things that we have discussed the most like, oh, I don't know, the pork-bill stimulus, the $9 trillion estimated deficit, the idiotic cash for clunkers thing?

i dont know how you missed my posts in other threads about all the topics you mention here. the other stuff i get from faux and worldnutdaily and awb. its all facts to some folks, i am simply recognizing but disagreeing with their reality. and uh its september 2009..your team didnt get voted in.
I wasn't talking about your posts in other threads. I'm simply trying to figure out how you decided everyone here who isn't Bman, Pez, or Meta is a right wing nut job. I mean seriously, it's not like during the Bush years we were accusing you of being one of the conspiracy theorists who thought Bush planned 9/11, even though those nutjobs were there too.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:34 am

floridafun wrote:you and maybe pez and meta will be the only ones that read it..those that its intended for dont have the attention span capabilities lol!

Or those who don't read your bloviating post just don't drink koolaid.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:39 am

Bman wrote:Please Jerry Falwell has said worse things than Rev. Wright did where were you Kroman and Cincy condeming Falwell and Robertson for their hate spewing. All will condemn Rev. Wright for bringing politics into the pulpit the same as Falwell and Robertson bring it to the pulpit and the tv. Falwell, Robertson, Bob Jones and all have the blessing from the right wing to spew hate but Rev. Wrights complaints about 9/11 and social injustice is just over the top.

Bman, I don't attend the church of any of the individuals you have listed above. Wright, Ayers, Van Jones, etc.... these are people Obama has chose to hand around with. You can judge the character of people by the company they keep and King Obama has some explaining to do.

Who specifically from the "right wing" has given his/her blessing to support the individuals comments you have listed above?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:40 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:Please Jerry Falwell has said worse things than Rev. Wright did where were you Kroman and Cincy condeming Falwell and Robertson for their hate spewing. All will condemn Rev. Wright for bringing politics into the pulpit the same as Falwell and Robertson bring it to the pulpit and the tv. Falwell, Robertson, Bob Jones and all have the blessing from the right wing to spew hate but Rev. Wrights complaints about 9/11 and social injustice is just over the top.
When has Falwell been in the news? Probably before my time on the boards...

To begin with google his 9/11 comments. There were websites that WERE dedicated to listing the hateful things said by Rev. Jerry Falwell.
The guy died in May 2007...BEFORE I was on the boards to say anything.
Besides Bman, Falwell doesn't represent the church I belong to or my catholic faith. Mute (moot?) point.

But you are concerned with Rev. Wright? Was he catholic?

Political

Last edited by Kroman on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:47 am

meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:There's plenty of evidence. He was a church member for 20 years. Are you denying that? Interesting how for 20 years all was fine until Obama ran for president and then he distanced themselves from Wright. At least Obama tried to distance himself from Wright for political gain. If you are not afraid to admit you went to a church and listened to this guy for 20 years then why distance yourself. These are facts and you can't dispute. Are you willing to take your family and attend one of those Wright "sermons"?

I've heard plenty of sermons where something was said and I didn't fall in line with it. Divorce for example, some pastors think once a couple divorces then neithor one should be allowed to remarry. Other pastors think in rare occasions it ok for a divorced spouse to remarry. The difference between the sermons I hear and the ones Obama heard and that were videotaped and aired across the county is one is biblical and the other is political.

There's your drift...

I don't know what to say about this. I hear you and I acknowledge that he admitted attending Wright's church. I cannot assume his reasons for distancing himself outside of what Wright's outrageous comments and Obama's reaction to that - distancing. You'll have to excuse me, I get frustrated listening to the formulaic "Beck's burden of proof" methodology. You've been listening to him too long. You have said something.. but you have not provided proof with anything you've said.

Want proof? Fact 1: I don't listen to Glenn Beck. I work during the day when he is on the radio and I play racquetball in the evening when he is on tv. Even if I had the chance of watching or listening to him I wouldn't because I personally find him annoying. Check your facts before you offer your version of "proof".

Fact 2: Any church where a pastor stands behind the pulpit and states "God Damn America" is a church where every single member should have stood up from their pews and left. That wasn't a sermon, it was a political speech. I can see why FF liked the political speech.

Fact 3: Obama didn't begin to distance himself from Wright until he became a presidential candidate. Another political move.

Fact 4: You know more about Glenn Beck then I do.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 am

Kroman wrote:

Bman, I don't attend the church of any of the individuals you have listed above. Wright, Ayers, Van Jones, etc.... these are people Obama has chose to hand around with. You can judge the character of people by the company they keep and King Obama has some explaining to do.

Who specifically from the "right wing" has given his/her blessing to support the individuals comments you have listed above?

Obama did not give his blessing or support for Wright's comment either that were spliced together.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:18 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Kroman wrote:There's plenty of evidence. He was a church member for 20 years. Are you denying that? Interesting how for 20 years all was fine until Obama ran for president and then he distanced themselves from Wright. At least Obama tried to distance himself from Wright for political gain. If you are not afraid to admit you went to a church and listened to this guy for 20 years then why distance yourself. These are facts and you can't dispute. Are you willing to take your family and attend one of those Wright "sermons"?

I've heard plenty of sermons where something was said and I didn't fall in line with it. Divorce for example, some pastors think once a couple divorces then neithor one should be allowed to remarry. Other pastors think in rare occasions it ok for a divorced spouse to remarry. The difference between the sermons I hear and the ones Obama heard and that were videotaped and aired across the county is one is biblical and the other is political.

There's your drift...

I don't know what to say about this. I hear you and I acknowledge that he admitted attending Wright's church. I cannot assume his reasons for distancing himself outside of what Wright's outrageous comments and Obama's reaction to that - distancing. You'll have to excuse me, I get frustrated listening to the formulaic "Beck's burden of proof" methodology. You've been listening to him too long. You have said something.. but you have not provided proof with anything you've said.

Want proof? Fact 1: I don't listen to Glenn Beck. I work during the day when he is on the radio and I play racquetball in the evening when he is on tv. Even if I had the chance of watching or listening to him I wouldn't because I personally find him annoying. Check your facts before you offer your version of "proof".

Fact 2: Any church where a pastor stands behind the pulpit and states "God Damn America" is a church where every single member should have stood up from their pews and left. That wasn't a sermon, it was a political speech. I can see why FF liked the political speech.

Fact 3: Obama didn't begin to distance himself from Wright until he became a presidential candidate. Another political move.

YAWN!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:26 am

Markwes wrote:
POTD

Same drivel is right. Has anyone noticed that anyone on here who has criticized even one thing Obama has done has gotten lumped in with the "Obama haters"?

... the $9 trillion estimated deficit, the idiotic cash for clunkers thing?

Just checking. Are you saying that the conservative leaning here on the board have actually made criticisms? I interpret most (98%) of what the righty's are saying as smug skepticism topped with indifference rather than specific criticisms with a side of unity. I also think posting actual criticisms without merely quoting a biased-source news article and dropping a link in there for reference/credibility would help.

IMO, as far as health care and more generalized spending goes, what I feel draws the most attention to the desperation of the conservatives is their lack of their own working plan. Cash for Clunkers worked. Nobody on the right can agree (much) about anything. To me that seems like typical-business-as-usual-congress.

The only criticism I am beginning to make about Obama is that he has been doing too much too quickly. I suppose he has to push his agenda for the time table he and his team(s) have formed but I'm not surprised so many people feel rushed and pushed to act quickly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:38 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

There's your drift...

Well, far be it from me to tell you that you listen to Beck. I said I tire of the formulaic... accuse >> then provide soft facts to support. I have to agree with you on #1. #2 should have cost him a job or cost the church it's 501c3 status. #3 - you're just plain wrong. #4 - maybe, who knows?

For reference, please see the Wikipedia article (with sources cited) on JW: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

The Jeremiah Wright controversy gained national attention in March 2008 when ABC News, after reviewing dozens of Wright's sermons, excerpted parts which were subject to intense media scrutiny. Wright is the former pastor of the President of the United States Barack Obama. Obama denounced the statements in question, but after critics continued to press the issue of his relationship with Wright he gave a speech titled "A More Perfect Union", in which he sought to place Dr. Wright's comments in a historical and sociological context. In the speech, Obama again denounced Wright's remarks, but did not disown him as a person. The controversy began to fade, but was renewed in late April when Wright made a series of media appearances, including an interview on Bill Moyers Journal, a speech at the NAACP and a speech at the National Press Club. After the last of these, Obama spoke more forcefully against his former pastor, saying that he was "outraged" and "saddened" by his behavior, and in May he resigned his membership in the church.

Not that any of that matters as long as you understand I have a different recall of the Jeremiah Wright sequence of events and still have a bad taste in my mouth from Fox News. I lost all of my respect for Shepherd Smith and Fox News when I watched their coverage. Fair and Balanced is what it is, I guess.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:48 am

Kroman wrote:
meta4 wrote:

There's your drift...

fact 1. human facts about an american people whose great grandparents were kept in chains to live for serving and slaving for white folks. old history? yes. if it wasnt your family and the family of ALL those of your race who struggled so hard during our lifetimes to gain some measure of equality..then find in your bible the part where jesus talks about walking in another persons shoes and maybe figure out it doesnt mean their stiletto heels.

fact 2. political yes. ever been to a church full of black folks in an inner city with a huge population of blacks below poverty level, particularly during any election year? political decisions was the way they gained the level of freedom they have. his audience are the people who werent allowed to go thru the front door of businesses relatively recently. couldnt look white folks in the eye..it was defiant and they didnt know their place if they dared to do so. learn some real history if you want to understand. if you want to disappoint your god and judge others without understanding the facts then just keep on as you are.

fact 3. and the pope? political.
fact 4. all televangelists? political.
fact 5. all those clever defiant (against irs tax code guidelines) church leaders who tell to their parishoners who to vote for that would support their christian ethics over the years? political.

the god damn america sermon--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMbeVQj6Lw
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:50 am

Please Kroman, every evangelical, pentecostal and catholic church gets political in the run up to an election. Churches hand out voters guides (telling attending church people how to vote). Please, Obama and Wright are not any different than probably your Pastor the month ahead of the election.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:25 am

Bman wrote:Please Kroman, every evangelical, pentecostal and catholic church gets political in the run up to an election. Churches hand out voters guides (telling attending church people how to vote). Please, Obama and Wright are not any different than probably your Pastor the month ahead of the election.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I have attended a Catholic church for years and there have never been politics during any time, election year or not. Priests are instructed not to endorse a candidate and indeed can be reprimanded if they do. The closest they come is to tell the congregation to use the beliefs based on their faith to choose a candidate.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am

Bman wrote:Please Kroman, every evangelical, pentecostal and catholic church gets political in the run up to an election. Churches hand out voters guides (telling attending church people how to vote). Please, Obama and Wright are not any different than probably your Pastor the month ahead of the election.
Gee Bman, my catholic church didn't tell me how to vote, nor has any that I've ever attended. Yes, they handed out material to show where they stand on issues, but no where does it say you must vote for Candidate A instead of Candidate B. Nice try there Sparky.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 am

Markwes wrote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. I have attended a Catholic church for years and there have never been politics during any time, election year or not. Priests are instructed not to endorse a candidate and indeed can be reprimanded if they do. The closest they come is to tell the congregation to use the beliefs based on their faith to choose a candidate.

Please, continue to bury your head in the sand, the Catholic League came out against Obama in the last election. Use your telling someone use your "faith and beliefs" while sitting in a church sanctuary by a priest is not indicative of who to vote for? I know a lot of churches hand out voter guides, I have been handed one before at an Evangelical Friends church. Pls tell me Jerry Falwell was not political in the pulpit ... pls tell me that Robertson is not, that Bob Jones is not, that John Haggee iss not. Pls ... the pastor at my own church gets a little political at times but prefaces it with "trying to keep my personal beliefs out of this..." lol yea sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:30 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Gee Bman, my catholic church didn't tell me how to vote, nor has any that I've ever attended. Yes, they handed out material to show where they stand on issues, but no where does it say you must vote for Candidate A instead of Candidate B. Nice try there Sparky.

lead the horse to water but can't force him to drink ... same concept spanky.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:45 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Yeah, there are plenty of non-church, but catholic branded media outlets that will say such things. The generally don't do it directly, i.e. Bishop D'arcy boycotting Notre Dame graduation. Not a perfect example as it was after the fact, but you get the general idea. I definitely recall an online Catholic "news" outlet saying vote "NO to BO".

not just picking on catholics, but just sayin' about the media outlets used by the catholic church. Lutherans and pentecostals have their own as well as other denoms...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:11 am

didnt pope benedict say communion should be suspended for our politicians who are pro-choice? wasnt our very own publicity hound d'arcy all ginned up about protesting obama speaking at notre dame? is the catholic church not investigating nuns in america because they might not be following the churches teachings to the letter..they might be teaching tolerance and love of all people like jesus did? right..no politics here.

great minds think alike meta Smile
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:18 am

Personally, i think John Haggee is a much more fun target to hit but alas... this thread does not belong to him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:33 am

1. The Catholic League does not equal the Catholic Church.
2. Bishop D'Arcy boycotted the Notre Dame commencment because of the president's view on abortion, not because he's a democrat.
3. We weren't talking about Catholic branded media outlets, what the Pope or a bishop says, or the opinions of a group with Catholic members. We were talking about sitting in a church and listening to a pastor's sermon and what that message is. When I evaluate Jeremiah Wright, I don't judge him based on what others associated with his church are saying.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:46 am

Markwes wrote:
2. Bishop D'Arcy boycotted the Notre Dame commencment because of the president's view on abortion, not because he's a democrat.
(I hate it when I get drawn into a tangent)

The part about D'Arcy that bothers me is that he used the graduation as an opportunity to voice political differences as an official act by a Bishop. He didn't publicly declare boycott on Sally Jones Hamburger Joint because she supports abortion. He voiced his opposition to B.O.'s position on Abortion AND at an inappropriate time - when we should be celebrating the achievements of the graduates. My point is that he made his opposition - supporting the catholic church's position - from the pulpit/office. In that sense, I see little difference between he and Jeremiah Wright as far as *when* and *where* they made statements.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:49 pm

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
(I hate it when I get drawn into a tangent)

The part about D'Arcy that bothers me is that he used the graduation as an opportunity to voice political differences as an official act by a Bishop. He didn't publicly declare boycott on Sally Jones Hamburger Joint because she supports abortion. He voiced his opposition to B.O.'s position on Abortion AND at an inappropriate time - when we should be celebrating the achievements of the graduates. My point is that he made his opposition - supporting the catholic church's position - from the pulpit/office. In that sense, I see little difference between he and Jeremiah Wright as far as *when* and *where* they made statements.
I don't disagree that it was a bad move. It's not the students' fault what the president's views are, and he had a chance to maybe provide some inspiration to the graduates. That said, I still don't see it as a political move. If Sally Jones was to go to the Bishop and ask for communion, she would probably be denied.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Markwes wrote:

and we all know preists are above humans and dont have a long tradition of shall we say instructed leadership, like with kids.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:35 pm

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:

and we all know preists are above humans and dont have a long tradition of shall we say instructed leadership, like with kids.
As soon as any church I go has a priest that tells me who I should vote for or starts badmouthing the country, I'll complain and/or find another church. Will that make you happy?

By the way, when a person with a "normal" job gets nabbed for child molesting, the headline doesn't read "Accountant arrested for child molesting" does it? It seems the only time we care what the occupation is is for priests and teachers.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next