The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Allen County for Obama

4 posters

Go down

Allen County for Obama Empty Allen County for Obama

Post  Guest Thu May 15, 2008 2:45 pm

For anyone that is interested this group (Allen County for Obama, AC4O) meets every other Tuesday at 7:15 at the Democratic HQ in Quimby Village. Any questions feel free to contact me and I can give you the cell number of the local chairman. Next meeting will be May 27th.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Allen County for Obama Empty Re: Allen County for Obama

Post  Guest Thu May 15, 2008 3:55 pm

sounds like an AA meeting.. and Quimby Village? Really?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Fairly cheap rent I would assume for the Allen County Democratic Party ... the democrats can't afford that high rent shit like the republicans ... main street frontage. The rich can afford that stuff ... the working poor deserve a voice too and Quimbley Village serves a purpose .. cheap and a place to meet, organize and make calls from ... plus I get to eat at China Palace when I go that direction or with the retirees at the two halls over there!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu May 15, 2008 4:23 pm

LOL, watch your back when dining with the retirees, they might sick Billybob on you for talking about their beloved Hillary. pirat
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 15, 2008 4:37 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:sounds like an AA meeting.. and Quimby Village? Really?

sounding more and more like a fascist ... Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 am

Last I checked Obama was anything but poor..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 10:22 am

cardinal5150 wrote:Last I checked Obama was anything but poor..

Not rich by far ... The McCains and the Clinton's dwarf him in wealth. Hell, Cindy McCain has her own personal jet! But hey, Cindy and her family need a tax cut!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 16, 2008 10:35 am

Bman wrote:

Not rich by far ... The McCains and the Clinton's dwarf him in wealth. Hell, Cindy McCain has her own personal jet! But hey, Cindy and her family need a tax cut!
USA Today sure paints a different picture than that. So you don't consider $4 million in reported income for 2007 rich?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-18-mccain-taxes_N.htm
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 10:46 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:

USA Today sure paints a different picture than that. So you don't consider $4 million in reported income for 2007 rich?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-04-18-mccain-taxes_N.htm

McSame needs to release his wife's financial information ... too funny that he won't. He already does not reimburse her for the use of her private jet. Mr. Campaign Finance Reform seems to have a problem.

The Obama's made $4.2M in 2007 up almost $4M over 2006 due to the sales of his books in 2007. Michelle still works ... makes $100,000 a year as an administrator in a Chicago Hospital. Oh Cindy McSame still works too ... CEO of the family booze distributing company.

The Obama's are by far much more common that Hillary or McSame. If I had to guess which one of the two presumptive nominees Obama or McSame were more in touch with us it would be Obama. Hey I love Latte's and arugula too ... and a few on here drive volvo's too. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri May 16, 2008 10:53 am

Bman wrote:and a few on here drive volvo's too. lol

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis...I mean Bman Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 16, 2008 11:16 am

Whether the money is from book sales, CEO of a liquor distributor, or garbage collection, it doesn't matter. $4 million in a year is RICH by my standards.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 11:30 am

Markwes wrote:Whether the money is from book sales, CEO of a liquor distributor, or garbage collection, it doesn't matter. $4 million in a year is RICH by my standards.

Your point ... when have we elected a poor person? Bush? Reagan? Take away the proceeds from that book sale and Obama would be probably the poorest person elected to the Presidency in modern history. Bush and McSame were born with silver spoons in their mouths, Barack was raised on food stamps by his single mother and his grandparents. His grandfather fought for this country in WWII, Michelle's father was a shift worker in Chicago ... pretty unremarkable upbrining. Without giving that dazzling speech in 2004 Barack would not have sold any books and would be a state senator in Illinois still, but thankfully Allah blessed him and now he is going to be President of the United Arab States of America.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 16, 2008 12:17 pm

Hey you're the one who said "Not rich by far". I was just debunking that statement, not making a comment about his upbringing or how wealthy past presidents were. king
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:Whether the money is from book sales, CEO of a liquor distributor, or garbage collection, it doesn't matter. $4 million in a year is RICH by my standards.

Your point ... when have we elected a poor person? Bush? Reagan? Take away the proceeds from that book sale and Obama would be probably the poorest person elected to the Presidency in modern history. Bush and McSame were born with silver spoons in their mouths, Barack was raised on food stamps by his single mother and his grandparents. His grandfather fought for this country in WWII, Michelle's father was a shift worker in Chicago ... pretty unremarkable upbrining. Without giving that dazzling speech in 2004 Barack would not have sold any books and would be a state senator in Illinois still, but thankfully Allah blessed him and now he is going to be President of the United Arab States of America.

Dude, you're officially whacked. If that last line was sarcasm, you should disclaimer it in the same post. A big thing for me, that I know McCain understands is war. We are facing a huge crisis heating up in Iran which will make Afghanistan and Iraq look like a 5 year old kids birthday party. Obama is not equipped to deal with the complex situation in the Middle East, IMHO. And to joke about his 'arab-ness' is only sending the "Wright" message.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri May 16, 2008 12:35 pm

And this is slightly off topic, but what's with changing names of candidates according to one's view, i.e. McSame and Billary? Bman, I know at this point you are just proclaiming your extreme adoration for the guy and not trying to drum up support, but cutting down the other candidates is never the best way to win anyone over. You know what they say about training a dog - positive reinforcement when they do something good works much better then negative reinforcement when they are bad. If you are on a street corner telling people not to vote for "McSame", you will just honk off those who are leaning toward voting for him.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 12:35 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Dude, you're officially whacked. If that last line was sarcasm, you should disclaimer it in the same post. A big thing for me, that I know McCain understands is war. We are facing a huge crisis heating up in Iran which will make Afghanistan and Iraq look like a 5 year old kids birthday party. Obama is not equipped to deal with the complex situation in the Middle East, IMHO. And to joke about his 'arab-ness' is only sending the "Wright" message.

Hey just playing off of what you folks believe to be true ... Meta, you know better, you know how to read sarcasm ... so fuck off! Ok, for those slow here, that WAS sarcasm.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri May 16, 2008 9:11 pm

Wonder when the last time Obama was in a Costco? I don't see him or Hillary doing their own shopping.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washington-whispers/2008/4/18/mccain-knows-where-to-vote-shop-costco.html

I sure as heck don't see a Theresa Heinz Kerry (another family fortune member) doing her own shopping.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri May 16, 2008 9:34 pm

my volunteering for obama was based from columbia street. i dont know if they are still there..i really have been busy weekends since primaries and havent gone downtown at all. but he will win whether i am able to make time for him right now wont affect that flower

bman keep up the good efforts on supporting obama..we picked a winner and some folks are jealous lol!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Hey just playing off of what you folks believe to be true ... Meta, you know better, you know how to read sarcasm ... so fuck off! Ok, for those slow here, that WAS sarcasm.

Of course I knew it was sarcasm, but I had to take a step back and ask myself if this was the "old" Bman, or the "post cool aid" Bman Very Happy I know how to read you, and you know how to read me, I won't "yellow card" you for the F.O. (soccer) Very Happy

I still think if you just either have a couple drinks, or have a couple fewer drinks when making your case about Obama, (sarcasm) it'll come across with much better reception. I'm NOT your style advisor, and I like hearing what you bring forward about the Obama campaign. I also hope you realize that as an undecided voter, I don't want to be convinced to vote for Obama by a bunch of whiny liberal yah-hoo's crybabies and that's some of what I see from a lot of Obama's supporters with the exception of YOU (and some others). 80% of these jag-offs on this board doubt their parties position at least 66% of the time. To me that means there's some sweet margin to fill Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 17, 2008 9:45 am

Meta, pretty much does not matter what one says here. Most here are well read on political type topics or are so bitter that they cling to guns and their faith that anything intelligent that one might profess to them will fall on dead ears. I would hazard to say the 6-7 people who post on this board regularly who will vote for Obama are locked in, there might be 1-2 others undecided but the rest on this board are locked in for the opponent, won't matter what one says or does.

By the way ... I love having Karl Rove and George Bush out there running around campaigning for John McCain, if they keep doing that we won't have to call him McSame. If Bush is trying to perserve his legacy by doing this doing that is just too funny. He has the highest disapproval rating of ANY President in modern history, heck Dick Nixon had a better rating when he resigned than Bush does now ... I think Bush and Rove campaigning for McCain is perfect.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down