The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hasn't Jesse learned by now...

+2
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hasn't Jesse learned by now... Empty Hasn't Jesse learned by now...

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 am

...not to say anything around a microphone that you wouldn't want repeated???

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hTPPM5eyoWa5PgeObNcWP0chAopQD91QVB9O2

Double Standards rule the day!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Hasn't Jesse learned by now... Empty Re: Hasn't Jesse learned by now...

Post  Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:05 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:...not to say anything around a microphone that you wouldn't want repeated???

Pure comedy!!!! I wish Jesse would just go away...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:08 am

Just nuts I tell ya, just nuts... Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:09 am

LTRT wrote:Just nuts I tell ya, just nuts... Laughing
cheers cheers cheers cheers
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:12 am

Hasn't Jesse learned by now... NUTS
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:15 am

pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:...not to say anything around a microphone that you wouldn't want repeated???

IMO, these comments and events by Rev. Wright, Jackson, and others are signals that the old crew black american figures will naturally need to peel back to make way for a black president to be more vocal. Either they get behind him, or they will say where they always have... on the sidelines throwing stones at the real players.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:42 pm

He is one of the worst excuses of a pastor. affraid

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:25 pm

nothing new about people having religion tatoo'd on their forehead then spewing forth with totally unchristian and ignorant crap tho....is there moondrop?

he is making himself less credible on a regular basis....just like dobson and numerous others who are scammers and pond scum of the human culture. idiots on an agenda, one and all.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:21 pm

floridafun wrote:nothing new about people having religion tatoo'd on their forehead then spewing forth with totally unchristian and ignorant crap tho....is there moondrop?

he is making himself less credible on a regular basis....just like dobson and numerous others who are scammers and pond scum of the human culture. idiots on an agenda, one and all.

(apologies for the tangent, if necessary, this seemed a good place to plop this question)

FF, you think they are idiots? What's the difference between those of the fundamentalist religion group(s) you mentioned and politicians? I know that sounds like a setup for a joke, but seriously... Is it just because they are effective at convincing their "base"?

I do not think they are idiots. To say that would be to underestimate them.

I see Jesse Jackson as separate from the fundamentalist religion groups... he's just an idiot. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:31 pm

meta4 wrote:
floridafun wrote:nothing new about people having religion tatoo'd on their forehead then spewing forth with totally unchristian and ignorant crap tho....is there moondrop?

(apologies for the tangent, if necessary, this seemed a good place to plop this question)

FF, you think they are idiots? What's the difference between those of the fundamentalist religion group(s) you mentioned and politicians? I know that sounds like a setup for a joke, but seriously... Is it just because they are effective at convincing their "base"?

I do not think they are idiots. To say that would be to underestimate them.

I see Jesse Jackson as separate from the fundamentalist religion groups... he's just an idiot. Smile
Well said. Jesse is an idiot who just happens to be a pastor.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:04 pm

I agree with Mark .. holy cow to quote harry carey
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:27 am

meta4 wrote:

There is no comparison (sp) to Jesse and Dobson. And the statement about politics and religion (not faith) is right on.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:33 am

moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:

There is no comparison (sp) to Jesse and Dobson. And the statement about politics and religion (not faith) is right on.

For the record, I'm not sure how Dobson fits in there... scratch scratch haven't heard anything from him in a while.

I think some may wish we had a religion thread, but I'm still glad we do not.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:50 pm

moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Jackson and Dobson are equally disgusting, Doe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:55 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:

amen brother ... Dobson got put in his place over those over the top comments about Obama. The pastor who married the Bush daughter started a website stating that James Dobson does not speak for all of us. Finally a Bush Pastor I like ... Ted Haggard was such a let down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Jugomugo wrote:
moondrop wrote:
meta4 wrote:

If that's as granular as your vision becomes over this issue, you're blind. I'm curious if you've even read or heard all of Obama's speech and Dobson's comments.

---
Update:

I am enjoying watching BO's original speech, and Dobson's subsequent commentaries here:
http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000007770.cfm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:46 am

meta4 wrote:
pez wrote:

IMO, these comments and events by Rev. Wright, Jackson, and others are signals that the old crew black american figures will naturally need to peel back to make way for a black president to be more vocal. Either they get behind him, or they will say where they always have... on the sidelines throwing stones at the real players.

I completely agree... I think Jesse represents a lot of people's views who are older and still hang on to some racial bias'. I don't really blame them, if I were forced to drink out of a different fountain as a kid simply because of my skin color I'd still hold a bit a grudge as well. But I'd like to think that if I saw someone of my race finally having a chance to run this country I'd be doing everything I could to help him and keeping my thoughts to myself. Especially considering Jesse's considerable influence amongst the lemmings out there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:41 am

cardinal5150 wrote:

I completely agree... I think Jesse represents a lot of people's views who are older and still hang on to some racial bias'. I don't really blame them, if I were forced to drink out of a different fountain as a kid simply because of my skin color I'd still hold a bit a grudge as well. But I'd like to think that if I saw someone of my race finally having a chance to run this country I'd be doing everything I could to help him and keeping my thoughts to myself. Especially considering Jesse's considerable influence amongst the lemmings out there.

I see it as "it is what it is" and not picking on you, but how long can you tolerate someone holding a grudge about a seat on the bus or a drink from a fountain after 50 years. It's a friggin' drink of water! Please know that I'm making a point about feelings cooling and/or not being left alone to cool. I'm not trying to trivialize the more insidious and nasty effects that racism has caused. He's a fear-monger for the black minority and IMO, he doesn't benefit them in the slightest except stirring and stoking the coals of these feelings. Let things be, let them cool, look forward should be their (Jackson, Sharpton, others) mantra.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:58 pm

meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

I see it as "it is what it is" and not picking on you, but how long can you tolerate someone holding a grudge about a seat on the bus or a drink from a fountain after 50 years. It's a friggin' drink of water! Please know that I'm making a point about feelings cooling and/or not being left alone to cool. I'm not trying to trivialize the more insidious and nasty effects that racism has caused. He's a fear-monger for the black minority and IMO, he doesn't benefit them in the slightest except stirring and stoking the coals of these feelings. Let things be, let them cool, look forward should be their (Jackson, Sharpton, others) mantra.

I can hold a grudge for a Loooooooong time.. I'm a pro at it..

But come on.. if you were raised and basically told by the gov't and society that you weren't as much of a person as your neighbor.. you wouldn't hold a slight grudge still?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:20 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
But come on.. if you were raised and basically told by the gov't and society that you weren't as much of a person as your neighbor.. you wouldn't hold a slight grudge still?

I wear eyeglasses. I don't have a Prius. I don't hold a degree. I have red hair.

I guess *exactly* how different I am from someone else will always have a relativeness associated with it. I'd say to most people who are sitting behind the racism mask that they can take it off at any time, provided they can get out of those shackles. It's a mental thing now, not a physical thing. The main question is "do you want to be free?" because freedom is relative as well... it's all up here scratch
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:49 pm

he threatened to do this because he feels that Obama was talking down to THE black man. Yet he proclaims deep and wide support for Obama. Jesse is just full of shit, plain and simple. I wiah he would think back to the balcony in Memphis and ask himself if the man who lay there dying would consider him part of the dream.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:59 pm

pez wrote:he threatened to do this because he feels that Obama was talking down to THE black man. Yet he proclaims deep and wide support for Obama. Jesse is just full of shit, plain and simple. I wiah he would think back to the balcony in Memphis and ask himself if the man who lay there dying would consider him part of the dream.

Good post Pez
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:20 pm

First I watched all of Obama's speech RE: the Dobson comments... Now, I'm about halfway through a 28m radio broadcast found at http://www.citizenlink.org

... all of the sudden Dobson busts out with a comment like 'Obama attacked me and compared me unfavorably with Sharpton who is far left, and I'm not like him I'm on the right...'

I audibly groaned when I heard him say this because he did not understand the rhetoric* in Obama's speech when he mentioned Dobson next to Sharpton he did so to illustrate the fact that they both are NOTHING alike. I didn't hear that statement as negative towards Dobson during the speech, I immediately picked up on the comparison of difference.

Jeez Rolling Eyes Dobson whined like a supreme douche ... and I (seriously) wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt... Tom Minnery struck me as a complete idiot.

I owe Jugo an apology these two guys on the program (Dobson and Tom Minnery) are either idiots or suffered simultaneous hallucinations while watching/listening to Obama's speech. I'd love to think this was a kneejerk reaction from Dobson, but apparently they mention that several weeks passed before they commented publicly.

----

*Added: The word I think that fits is Hyperbole

Both are educated enough to understand the hyperbole that was used.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:01 am

pez wrote:he threatened to do this because he feels that Obama was talking down to THE black man. Yet he proclaims deep and wide support for Obama. Jesse is just full of shit, plain and simple. I wiah he would think back to the balcony in Memphis and ask himself if the man who lay there dying would consider him part of the dream.

Exactly!

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:05 am

meta4 wrote:First I watched all of Obama's speech RE: the Dobson comments... Now, I'm about halfway through a 28m radio broadcast found at http://www.citizenlink.org

... all of the sudden Dobson busts out with a comment like 'Obama attacked me and compared me unfavorably with Sharpton who is far left, and I'm not like him I'm on the right...'

I audibly groaned when I heard him say this because he did not understand the rhetoric* in Obama's speech when he mentioned Dobson next to Sharpton he did so to illustrate the fact that they both are NOTHING alike. I didn't hear that statement as negative towards Dobson during the speech, I immediately picked up on the comparison of difference.

Jeez Rolling Eyes Dobson whined like a supreme douche ... and I (seriously) wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt... Tom Minnery struck me as a complete idiot.

I owe Jugo an apology these two guys on the program (Dobson and Tom Minnery) are either idiots or suffered simultaneous hallucinations while watching/listening to Obama's speech. I'd love to think this was a kneejerk reaction from Dobson, but apparently they mention that several weeks passed before they commented publicly.

----

*Added: The word I think that fits is Hyperbole

Both are educated enough to understand the hyperbole that was used.

I did not take the time to listen. I have listened to Dobson enough over the years to know he teaches biblically. And when he makes a mistake he admits it. There is still no comparison to Jesse ( a sad excuse of many things).
That is my opinion, and that is ok if we disagree. sunny

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next