The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hasn't Jesse learned by now...

+2
LTRT
Cincy Fan 44
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Hasn't Jesse learned by now... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hasn't Jesse learned by now...

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:07 am

But the funny thing is Jesse is more of a pastor than Dobson. Dobson is NOT an ordained minister, he just a talking mouth like Dr. Phil. Dobson has disgraced the evangelicals and made them look ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Jesse is an idiot too, as is the Rev Al Sharpton.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hasn't Jesse learned by now... - Page 2 Empty Re: Hasn't Jesse learned by now...

Post  moondrop Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:15 am

Bman wrote:But the funny thing is Jesse is more of a pastor than Dobson. Dobson is NOT an ordained minister, he just a talking mouth like Dr. Phil. Dobson has disgraced the evangelicals and made them look ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Jesse is an idiot too, as is the Rev Al Sharpton.

I never said Dobson was a pastor, again how can anyone compare. I do not feel he has disgraced anyone that stands on biblical truths, those that are very liberal I am sure has a huge problem with him.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 am

moondrop wrote:
Bman wrote:But the funny thing is Jesse is more of a pastor than Dobson. Dobson is NOT an ordained minister, he just a talking mouth like Dr. Phil. Dobson has disgraced the evangelicals and made them look ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, Jesse is an idiot too, as is the Rev Al Sharpton.

I never said Dobson was a pastor, again how can anyone compare. I do not feel he has disgraced anyone that stands on biblical truths, those that are very liberal I am sure has a huge problem with him.

Come on Doe, the minister that married Jenna Bush started a website over this issue and the website was JamesDobsondoesnotspeakforus.com (or something like that) ... an ordained minister close to the President, close enough that he was asked to marry his daughter think Dobson is a complete ASS! So do I. He is hardly VERY liberal to quote you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:09 pm

moondrop wrote:

I did not take the time to listen. I have listened to Dobson enough over the years to know he teaches biblically. And when he makes a mistake he admits it. There is still no comparison to Jesse ( a sad excuse of many things).
That is my opinion, and that is ok if we disagree. sunny

I cannot disagree with anything you've said so far, but you haven't said much about the actual speech, or Dobson's comments. I do hope you would listen/watch/read Obama's speech and Dobson's comments. I preferred to read Obama, he can be a snooze to listen to, and listen to Dobson, the emotion in his and Minnery's voice was "interesting".

I know this probably deserves it's own thread, someone flame me. Smile

Just some helpful links:
http://obama.senate.gov/speech/060628-call_to_renewal/ (Transcript)
http://www.jamesdobsondoesntspeakforme.com/ (Bman's referenced site)

Proverbs 11:12, 12:18, 15:2, 17:28, 25:15
James Chapter 3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:12 pm

Bman wrote:
Come on Doe, the minister that married Jenna Bush ...

Bman -2 Evil or Very Mad
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:57 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Bman -2 Evil or Very Mad

what is that about ... that is a FACTUAL statement there ... 100% of it is factual.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:00 pm

Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Bman -2 Evil or Very Mad

what is that about ... that is a FACTUAL statement there ... 100% of it is factual.

moondrop is not Doe, wouldn't you agree?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:01 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Bman -2 Evil or Very Mad

Ummmm, NO I would not agree with you on this one! lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:

Bman -2 Evil or Very Mad

Don't turn this into that type of tangent now or I will start editing responses and banning people. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:14 pm

Bman wrote:
Bman wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Don't turn this into that type of tangent now or I will start editing responses and banning people. lol

scratch Rolling Eyes Sleep
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  moondrop Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:16 pm

I have not had much time to listen or read much lately. I will listen to it first chance I get. I am looking at Dobson overall, not just one speech.

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:10 pm

meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:

I completely agree... I think Jesse represents a lot of people's views who are older and still hang on to some racial bias'. I don't really blame them, if I were forced to drink out of a different fountain as a kid simply because of my skin color I'd still hold a bit a grudge as well. But I'd like to think that if I saw someone of my race finally having a chance to run this country I'd be doing everything I could to help him and keeping my thoughts to myself. Especially considering Jesse's considerable influence amongst the lemmings out there.

I see it as "it is what it is" and not picking on you, but how long can you tolerate someone holding a grudge about a seat on the bus or a drink from a fountain after 50 years. It's a friggin' drink of water! Please know that I'm making a point about feelings cooling and/or not being left alone to cool. I'm not trying to trivialize the more insidious and nasty effects that racism has caused. He's a fear-monger for the black minority and IMO, he doesn't benefit them in the slightest except stirring and stoking the coals of these feelings. Let things be, let them cool, look forward should be their (Jackson, Sharpton, others) mantra.

wow meta. i feel sorry for you.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 pm

meta4 wrote:
floridafun wrote:nothing new about people having religion tatoo'd on their forehead then spewing forth with totally unchristian and ignorant crap tho....is there moondrop?

he is making himself less credible on a regular basis....just like dobson and numerous others who are scammers and pond scum of the human culture. idiots on an agenda, one and all.

(apologies for the tangent, if necessary, this seemed a good place to plop this question)

FF, you think they are idiots? What's the difference between those of the fundamentalist religion group(s) you mentioned and politicians? I know that sounds like a setup for a joke, but seriously... Is it just because they are effective at convincing their "base"?

I do not think they are idiots. To say that would be to underestimate them.

I see Jesse Jackson as separate from the fundamentalist religion groups... he's just an idiot. Smile

uhh yea i think they are idiots. thats why i said it. i definately dont underestimate them, i see them very clearly.
difference between fundies and politicians? fundies fleece people for a lifetime via guilt trips, lies, and mythology ...unless they wise up. politicians dont spend their whole career trying to wrangle every spare dollar you have out of you..just when they run for office ;-) or build a library santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:51 am

So Jesse Louis Jackson said the N-word too...I think he owes everybody he's ever gone after for saying that word one BIG APOLOGY. Maybe he could go on Imus' show and ask for forgiveness? That would be a sight!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:03 am

Last night I was eating peanuts and tossing the shells on the floor and leaving them for my wife to pick up. After a couple hours of this, she threatened to cut my nuts off.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:05 am

lol Cincy ... I think it is one of those it is ok for a black to call a black that word, or it is ok for a white to call a white a cracker or a gay to call a gay a fag but when someone not from your "family" uses that term then it becomes derogatory. I don't agree with this logic but a lot of people follow this logic. Jesse should just go away permanently ... so should Al Sharpton ... so should James Dobson, so should Pat Robertson .... so should David Duke .... so should Fred Phelps ... we need to end extremism on both end of the spectrum in this nation. This nation has become FAR to divided and polarized. I have said in the past and will say it again by hijacking this thread, this is one of the reasons why I support Barack Obama. I believe Obama will have respect for ALL Americans. I really really do. Give up the Kool-aid comments, those are getting old ... rush and hannity should find a new slogan to use.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:13 am

pez wrote:Last night I was eating peanuts and tossing the shells on the floor and leaving them for my wife to pick up. After a couple hours of this, she threatened to cut my nuts off.

You know, I was talking to one of the women here at work and she commented on that phrase. The thought really hadn't occurred to me until she said it. What kind of guy says anything about another guy's nuts? It's just too strange, in a sort of a quasi-homosexual way, to be commenting on some other guys nuts...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:18 am

Bman wrote: rush and hannity should find a new slogan to use.

Rush needs to go away...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:30 am

Call me crazy, but I don't think Rush, Jesse, Sharpton, Imus, etc. should "go away". What the reverend said was whacky, but anyone who was offended by it is pretty thin-skinned in my opinion. If these people could say something without it being a major news story for weeks to come, then the story would "go away".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 am

Markwes wrote:Call me crazy, but I don't think Rush, Jesse, Sharpton, Imus, etc. should "go away". What the reverend said was whacky, but anyone who was offended by it is pretty thin-skinned in my opinion. If these people could say something without it being a major news story for weeks to come, then the story would "go away".

What I meant by "go away" was these types of statements advance nothing and these people advance nothing .... therefore they are just a distraction that we don't need. Rush/Robertson/Phelps/Jackson/Sharpton are a distraction from what this nation needs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:58 am

Down with firestarters!

Rush just needs to catch a VD from an el salvadorian hooker and die. Imus needs to get trampled by a horse. Oh, and besides those that Bman mentioned, Elliot Spitzer, Jeb Bush, Kuame Kilpatrick, Dick Cheney, Ted Kennedy, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, ... (I don't have enough time) all need to get on a plane and fly to Antarctica for an extended vacation.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:10 am

meta4 wrote:Down with firestarters!

Rush just needs to catch a VD from an el salvadorian hooker and die. Imus needs to get trampled by a horse. Oh, and besides those that Bman mentioned, Elliot Spitzer, Jeb Bush, Kuame Kilpatrick, Dick Cheney, Ted Kennedy, Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, ... (I don't have enough time) all need to get on a plane and fly to Antarctica for an extended vacation.
If they do, I want to get on that plane too. What a party that would be!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:27 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:Down with firestarters!

If they do, I want to get on that plane too. What a party that would be!

Alright, "No Fun for you!" I'd put Michael Jackson on that plane too... with the wheelchair, surgical mask, and wig... affraid afro lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:08 pm

dont forget michaels glove!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:33 pm

floridafun wrote:dont forget michaels glove!

affraid How could I forget the King of Pop's Glove? Good Call!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next