The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dow Plunges to a 2 Year Low

4 posters

Go down

Dow Plunges to a 2 Year Low Empty Dow Plunges to a 2 Year Low

Post  Guest Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:30 pm

Ok boys and girls, the Dow is below 11,000 for the first time in over 2 years, but this terrible economy is just a figment of my imagination, I must be a whiner. Oh yea, $4.20/gallon gasoline is just my imagination and I should not whine. The plunging housing market is just imaginary and I should stop whining.

Glad McCain has a plan, his plan is just stop the fuck whining! Easy to implement plan!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dow Plunges to a 2 Year Low Empty Re: Dow Plunges to a 2 Year Low

Post  Guest Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:49 pm

Bman wrote:Ok boys and girls, the Dow is below 11,000 for the first time in over 2 years, but this terrible economy is just a figment of my imagination, I must be a whiner. Oh yea, $4.20/gallon gasoline is just my imagination and I should not whine. The plunging housing market is just imaginary and I should stop whining.

Glad McCain has a plan, his plan is just stop the fuck whining! Easy to implement plan!

This is good, let it go down... dunno how menay people have been saying for years that the DJIA was vastly over-valued... here we go... shove it back to 2006.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:29 pm

We aren't whining are we? Twisted Evil Razz affraid
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Strate Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 pm

If it's headed down, shouldn't we be buying nano-tech companies producing "nanowires" initially for solar panels?
Strate
Strate
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:35 pm

Bman's such an optimist. Oh well, as soon as Obama waves his magic wand, we will all be riding high in the saddle again!
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:38 pm

pez wrote:
Bman wrote:Ok boys and girls, the Dow is below 11,000 for the first time in over 2 years, but this terrible economy is just a figment of my imagination, I must be a whiner. Oh yea, $4.20/gallon gasoline is just my imagination and I should not whine. The plunging housing market is just imaginary and I should stop whining.

This is good, let it go down... dunno how menay people have been saying for years that the DJIA was vastly over-valued... here we go... shove it back to 2006.
That's right. This is a great time to invest. I need to up my 401K contributions.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:05 pm

wonder whether the big wigs of indymac are whining drunken they are wondering why their gravy train crashed! they are having nightmares and major psychotic breaks, not just the run of the mill mental depression the rest of us reality-oriented folks are now informed we have cherry
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:40 am

You're right.. the better plan to stimulate the economy is to raise taxes and increase government spending... Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:21 am

cardinal5150 wrote:

You're right.. the better plan to stimulate the economy is to raise taxes and increase government spending... Rolling Eyes

Well if nobody can or will step forward and begin to clean up, from the corp exec sector and THEY ARE THE ONES WHINING ABOUT A GOVERNMENT BAILOUT isn't the Government the only other entity that we can count on (or should be able to) act on behalf of all the people to mediate?

Where much is given, much is expected.

Screw tax raises, lets just institute a flat tax... no bitching! Nah, that's too simple and logical, it needs to be so complex that we don't know up from down, and THEN we could possibly have someone to blame. Shocked
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:56 pm

meta4 wrote:
Well if nobody can or will step forward and begin to clean up, from the corp exec sector and THEY ARE THE ONES WHINING ABOUT A GOVERNMENT BAILOUT isn't the Government the only other entity that we can count on (or should be able to) act on behalf of all the people to mediate?

Actually... the overwhelming majority of businesses DON'T want a gov't bailout.. the only ones who really want it are those who are failing. Bear Sterns didn't ask for one, Jamie Dimon just happened to be able to convince them to help. Basically a "what is it worth to you for me to do this?"

The Government is the one who created the loopholes that are being exploited now. Let's not forget that.

There's no mediating needed. When you were a kid if you spent your money on something stupid did your parents give you more money or did they tell you "hey, you bought it"? Didn't you learn the first time you had to live with your choices in life that you need to watch out for yourself?

Where much is given, much is expected.

Screw tax raises, lets just institute a flat tax... no bitching! Nah, that's too simple and logical, it needs to be so complex that we don't know up from down, and THEN we could possibly have someone to blame. Shocked

I'm all for a flat tax... would love to see one. And completely agree that it'll never happen because then there will be no one to blame.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Doesnt every government bailout effectively mean the same as printing more money? Is the fed really sitting on billions?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down