The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Russia expands Georgia blitz, deploys ships

4 posters

Go down

Russia expands Georgia blitz, deploys ships Empty Russia expands Georgia blitz, deploys ships

Post  floridafun Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:55 am

no mention of this here so here it is. i think its pretty scarey. there is more in the article, but i am just posting the start of it--

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92FSN300&show_article=1

Russia and Georgia clashed on land and at sea Sunday despite a Georgian cease-fire offer and claim of withdrawal from the separatist province of South Ossetia, officials from both countries said.
Georgian officials said Russian planes bombed an area near the Georgian capital's airport and Russian tanks moved from South Ossetia into Georgian territory, heading toward a strategic city before being turned back.

A Russian general said Georgian forces directed heavy fire at positions around Tskhinvali, the capital of South Ossetia, early Monday, even though Georgia had claimed to be withdrawing from the shattered city and called for a cease-fire.

"Active fighting has been going on in several zones," the Interfax news agency quoted Maj. Gen. Marat Kulakhmetov as saying. He is commander of the Russian peacekeeping contingent that has been in South Ossetia since 1992.

Russia also claimed to have sunk a Georgian boat that tried to attack Russian vessels in the Black Sea.

Russia appears determined to subdue diminutive, U.S.-backed Georgia despite international condemnation. Russia ignored a wave of calls to observe Georgia's cease-fire, saying it must first be assured that Georgian troops had indeed pulled back from South Ossetia.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Russia expands Georgia blitz, deploys ships Empty Re: Russia expands Georgia blitz, deploys ships

Post  Canuck Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:27 am

It's ironic that Bush and Cheney are condemning this.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Russia expands Georgia blitz, deploys ships Empty Re: Russia expands Georgia blitz, deploys ships

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:02 pm

C'mon Georgie Boy, start a war with Russia! Georgia is our ally, we should be protecting them ala Kuwait.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:10 pm

At first I was worried about Georgia, seeing as how they're part of the 50 states et al, but then I figured we have enough states that we can probably spare one. I would've preferred if it was Rhode Island, but I guess Georgia will have to do... Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:At first I was worried about Georgia, seeing as how they're part of the 50 states et al, but then I figured we have enough states that we can probably spare one. I would've preferred if it was Rhode Island, but I guess Georgia will have to do... Wink

I'd prefer California myself.. and it's more fun when you say it like Ahnold.. CalEEEEEEEEEEEEfornia.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 pm

Georgian President's website moved to Atlanta...how odd!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D92G6SGO0
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:At first I was worried about Georgia, seeing as how they're part of the 50 states et al, but then I figured we have enough states that we can probably spare one. I would've preferred if it was Rhode Island, but I guess Georgia will have to do... Wink

Could you imagine how much shorter the drive to Florida would be if we got rid of Georgia? That would be great!
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:48 am

IrishGuy wrote:

Could you imagine how much shorter the drive to Florida would be if we got rid of Georgia? That would be great!
Eh, the Ruskies would just make us pay (altogether in your best Dr. Evil voice) an exorbinant amount of money, thereby forcing us to go around through one of the other states.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:25 am

What about the peaches? Will no one think about the peaches?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am

Vis wrote:What about the peaches? Will no one think about the peaches?

Yes, also the women from Georgia have awesome accents. Ok, lets keep Georgia. How about Kansas? Can we live without it?
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:01 am

i thought toto's birthplace was a historical protected location!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:43 am

Lets Nuke West Virginia... absorb it into Virginia or Kentucky
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:45 pm

Russia blaming Dick Cheney for starting this conflict...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article4535173.ece
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down