The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayor: 'Get out of New Orleans right now'

5 posters

Go down

Mayor: 'Get out of New Orleans right now' Empty Mayor: 'Get out of New Orleans right now'

Post  iberlingirl Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:27 am

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/08/30/gustav.prepare/index.html
I have friends that were in Katrina, so this is very scary for me to see that it could happen and could be worse this time.
I am praying for them and anyone else that Katrina affected, I think anyone that is a praying person would be also. New Orleans is such an awesome city and it just breaks my heart to see that devastation could happen again.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Mayor: 'Get out of New Orleans right now' Empty Re: Mayor: 'Get out of New Orleans right now'

Post  moondrop Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:01 am

I just hope they leave this time. No excuse, plenty of warning.
My uncle is about 2 hrs north and east of New Orleans, he is deciding today whether to leave or not, depending on today's forecast of tracking.
It maybe a beautiful city, but why keep rebuilding, when it is in such a poor location and a prime target?

moondrop
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Female
Number of posts : 351

Back to top Go down

Mayor: 'Get out of New Orleans right now' Empty Re: Mayor: 'Get out of New Orleans right now'

Post  Aggie Transplant Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:48 am

Here in Houston, they keep showing shots of the congested freeways out of New Orleans. (Maybe they're showing those shots over the rest of the country as well.)

We'll be affected by the storm, but not in the direct path if it continues as projected. Still, heading into work this morning, the streets are even more quiet than usual. I had to pick up OJ at the store earlier in the week, and people were stocking up on the basics. Part of it is that whenever a storm gets anywhere near the Gulf, the local weather forecasters go into a frenzy of warnings and dire predictions. Sure, it's their job to keep you informed, but I think they should provide what the expectations are for hitting this area as opposed to "STAY TUNED FOR GUSTAV UPDATES -- YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T." Granted, a slight exaggeration, but not a huge one.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:23 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:the local weather forecasters go into a frenzy of warnings and dire predictions. Sure, it's their job to keep you informed, but I think they should provide what the expectations are for hitting this area as opposed to "STAY TUNED FOR GUSTAV UPDATES -- YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T." Granted, a slight exaggeration, but not a huge one.
LOL...kind of like they do around here if there is a hint of a flurry...STAY TUNED TO THE SNAKE FURY DOPPLER OR YOU WILL DIE. Gotta love it!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:07 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:Here in Houston, they keep showing shots of the congested freeways out of New Orleans. (Maybe they're showing those shots over the rest of the country as well.)

We'll be affected by the storm, but not in the direct path if it continues as projected. Still, heading into work this morning, the streets are even more quiet than usual. I had to pick up OJ at the store earlier in the week, and people were stocking up on the basics. Part of it is that whenever a storm gets anywhere near the Gulf, the local weather forecasters go into a frenzy of warnings and dire predictions. Sure, it's their job to keep you informed, but I think they should provide what the expectations are for hitting this area as opposed to "STAY TUNED FOR GUSTAV UPDATES -- YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON'T." Granted, a slight exaggeration, but not a huge one.

If it turns your way, make sure to get supplies, fill your tub with water, etc... I remember going through a hurricane or two as a kid on the east coast. It was pretty cool.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:49 am

moondrop wrote:It maybe a beautiful city, but why keep rebuilding, when it is in such a poor location and a prime target?

Obviously you know nothing of the area, and what the area encompasses to make such a stupid statement.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down