The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Las Lomas - Fort Wayne

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Las Lomas - Fort Wayne - Page 2 Empty Re: Las Lomas - Fort Wayne

Post  Scooby01_98 Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:42 pm

Bman wrote:Talked with a person Sunday who likes Agava's (sp?), but anything in an old Shoney's is usually spooky ... the person said they have completely redone the place and I have not been there so I should probably refrain from comment, I guess I will have to try it. I know Ryan Duvall reviewed the place but I forget what he had to say about it.

I know Mort or was it Fleek who said above they did not like La Margarita, but that is probably my second favorite place in town. Cebolla's is ok, just too much comotion in there and screaming kids and looks like a McDonalds playland with all of the colors and the booth decor, just not my thing ... reminds me of a ChiChi's atmosphere, granted the food is always pretty good, just the atmosphere I don't care for I guess.

Ok .. enough of bman being a food critic, hell I will eat anything.

I have been to Aguava several times and it is good. Pretty authentic, I put it slightly ahead of Cebolla's. Nicely decorated, large selection of Tequilla.

The best mexican that I have found in the area (well not really in the local area) is up in LaGrange at Si Senor.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:I have been to Aguava several times and it is good. Pretty authentic, I put it slightly ahead of Cebolla's. Nicely decorated, large selection of Tequilla.

The best mexican that I have found in the area (well not really in the local area) is up in LaGrange at Si Senor.

That reminds me, there used to be a little cafe in Churubusco that I visited a few times for lunch. They had the best beef Empanadas that I've tasted aside from the market in Guadalajara. The cook was a gentleman from Argentina.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:53 pm

meta4 wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:I have been to Aguava several times and it is good. Pretty authentic, I put it slightly ahead of Cebolla's. Nicely decorated, large selection of Tequilla.

That reminds me, there used to be a little cafe in Churubusco that I visited a few times for lunch. They had the best beef Empanadas that I've tasted aside from the market in Guadalajara. The cook was a gentleman from Argentina.

By Guadalajara do you mean Ligonier Indiana? ah hahahaha
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:34 am

Anyone been to the new one by the state police post? I forget the name right now but its by the new hotel by 69 and Jefferson Question tongue affraid
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 am

Mort wrote:Anyone been to the new one by the state police post? I forget the name right now but its by the new hotel by 69 and Jefferson Question tongue affraid

I have been to that one, it wasn't bad. The Chile Relleno was huge and IMO the best item of the 3 I ordered. Would go back if in the neighborhood, but no special trip just for it. And I can't think of the name of it either.

Also had a good selection of Tequilla.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:46 am

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Mort wrote:Anyone been to the new one by the state police post? I forget the name right now but its by the new hotel by 69 and Jefferson Question tongue affraid

I have been to that one, it wasn't bad. The Chile Relleno was huge and IMO the best item of the 3 I ordered. Would go back if in the neighborhood, but no special trip just for it. And I can't think of the name of it either.

I live close there, is it Mexico Antigua?

The Chile Relleno is pretty good, had it a couple weeks ago for the first time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:54 am

Bman wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

I live close there, is it Mexico Antigua?

The Chile Relleno is pretty good, had it a couple weeks ago for the first time.

Yeh, is something like that. We've been meaning to get there, just haven't yet. I think we'll go Friday night.

By the way, we've been to Agaves 3 times so far and I put them on top of Cebella's.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2