Series suspended

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Series suspended

Post  LTRT on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:02 am

I say they should've played the game out, bunch of pansies, make millions and can't play in some rain and wind. Geez, let's start suspending all the NFL games now. Just my rant....carry on. Wink
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:34 am

LTRT wrote:I say they should've played the game out, bunch of pansies, make millions and can't play in some rain and wind. Geez, let's start suspending all the NFL games now. Just my rant....carry on. Wink
I'll go along with that IF you agree that NASCAR races shouldn't be delayed/postponed/cancelled due to rain. I mean come on, the driver's are in cars for crying out loud... Razz

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  LTRT on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:46 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:I say they should've played the game out, bunch of pansies, make millions and can't play in some rain and wind. Geez, let's start suspending all the NFL games now. Just my rant....carry on. Wink
I'll go along with that IF you agree that NASCAR races shouldn't be delayed/postponed/cancelled due to rain. I mean come on, the driver's are in cars for crying out loud... Razz

I'll go along with that IF you can show me a human that can run an average of 180 mph for 2.5 miles. Razz
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:49 am

Well now you're being ridiculous... Laughing

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Canuck on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:42 pm

Just to be a troublemaker...

They need to take a lesson from Obama's book about dedication. Razz

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/081028/usa/us_vote

In bone-chilling rain, Obama says change is coming.

CHESTER, Pennsylvania (AFP) - White House rivals Barack Obama and John McCain entered the final seven days of their historic campaign Tuesday, sparring in rain-lashed Pennsylvania as the Democrat exhorted his fired-up supporters to nail down victory.

While McCain canceled one event in the rust-belt state owing to the foul weather, Obama paid tribute to more than 9,000 hardy supporters who turned out at an outdoors rally here despite freezing rain and driving winds.
avatar
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717
Location : Kanaduh

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:50 pm

Canuck wrote:Just to be a troublemaker...

They need to take a lesson from Obama's book about dedication. Razz

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/081028/usa/us_vote

In bone-chilling rain, Obama says change is coming.

CHESTER, Pennsylvania (AFP) - White House rivals Barack Obama and John McCain entered the final seven days of their historic campaign Tuesday, sparring in rain-lashed Pennsylvania as the Democrat exhorted his fired-up supporters to nail down victory.

While McCain canceled one event in the rust-belt state owing to the foul weather, Obama paid tribute to more than 9,000 hardy supporters who turned out at an outdoors rally here despite freezing rain and driving winds.
McCain is such a pansy. Maybe he didn't want to be accused of torturing his supporters with water? Laughing

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Canuck on Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:54 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
McCain is such a pansy. Maybe he didn't want to be accused of torturing his supporters with water? Laughing

LOL, and with freezing rain too. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
avatar
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717
Location : Kanaduh

Back to top Go down

Not tonight

Post  LTRT on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Rain postpones Game 5
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/10/28/game5.cancelled.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

More rain and possible snow showers were expected Tuesday, so commissioner Bud Selig said Game 5 was tentatively set to resume at 8:37 p.m. Wednesday night.
avatar
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:58 pm

LTRT wrote:Rain postpones Game 5
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/10/28/game5.cancelled.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

More rain and possible snow showers were expected Tuesday, so commissioner Bud Selig said Game 5 was tentatively set to resume at 8:37 p.m. Wednesday night.

Isn't this the game that Obama will be speaking 30 minutes prior?
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Cincy Fan 44 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:59 pm

LTRT wrote:Rain postpones Game 5
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/10/28/game5.cancelled.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

More rain and possible snow showers were expected Tuesday, so commissioner Bud Selig said Game 5 was tentatively set to resume at 8:37 p.m. Wednesday night.
What? Why aren't they going to start it at the usual 8:28pm time? Oh that's right, someone bought some time with all His money and backed up the World Series. Laughing Razz

_________________
Life...what a great choice.
avatar
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852
Location : Wherever you can gird your loins

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Canuck on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:01 pm

LOL and the Messiah invoked the rain gods too.

They should just send them to Toronto where they can play in a covered stadium. Heaven knows when they (Toronto) will see a playoff game again. Might as well share the stadium around for the greater good of baseball...
avatar
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717
Location : Kanaduh

Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:23 am

Tell them to stop being pussies and play in the rain.

If F1 cars can go around corners at 100MPH in the rain... a few baseball players should be able to catch a ball.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Series suspended

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum