The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitch Re-elected!

2 posters

Go down

Mitch Re-elected! Empty Mitch Re-elected!

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:51 pm

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/04/republican-daniels-wins-second-term-indiana-governor/

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Republican Mitch Daniels has won a second term as Indiana governor, defeating former Democratic congresswoman Jill Long Thompson.

The call was based on an analysis of voter interviews, conducted for The Associated Press by Edison Media Research and Mitofsky International.

Daniels, who was President Reagan's chief policy adviser and President George W. Bush's budget director, had a huge fundraising advantage throughout the campaign. He outspent his Democratic rival by at least $10 million.

Long Thompson had hoped to capitalize on the momentum of Barack Obama's presidential campaign and voter unhappiness over changes during Daniels' first term, which included observing daylight saving time statewide and hiring private companies to take over many state resources.

Good to see him get another term! cheers
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Mitch Re-elected! Empty Re: Mitch Re-elected!

Post  Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:05 pm

Yeah - honestly, Jill didn't proposed anything that struck a chord with me. It just seemed like she took anti-Daniels positions and was hoping to win based on the unpopularity of several of his big decisions. Hmm, I wonder how it would have turned out had Jill not won in the primaries.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 pm

Yeh, maybe Jill will disappear out of the political spotlight for good now. Oh wait, she'll probably run for Senate in 2 yrs. Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:32 pm

I don't think Mitch has been too bad.

I'm saddened by Souder and Buyer keeping their seats. Indiana citizens deserve better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Jugomugo wrote:I don't think Mitch has been too bad.

I'm saddened by Souder and Buyer keeping their seats. Indiana citizens deserve better.

I'm starting to think we deserve what we get. Fuck I sometimes hate this place.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:07 am

Vis wrote:
Jugomugo wrote:I don't think Mitch has been too bad.

I'm starting to think we deserve what we get. Fuck I sometimes hate this place.

Amen brother.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down