The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin

+4
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
Scooby01_98
Canuck
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 Empty Re: Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin

Post  Guest Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:37 pm

A bit late, but I overheard tonight:

"I think the Witch Doctor pastor showed us the real Palin. Why else would he need to pray against witchcraft if it were not there?"

Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 Empty Re: Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 pm

McCain defends Palin on Leno...

LOS ANGELES – John McCain said Tuesday that Sarah Palin did not damage his presidential bid, and he dismissed as typical campaign sniping anonymous criticism aimed at her.

“I’m so proud of her, and I’m very grateful she agreed to run with me. She inspired people, she still does,” McCain told Jay Leno during an “Tonight Show” interview taped for broadcast Tuesday night. “I couldn’t be happier with Sarah Palin.”

Asked by Leno about griping about Palin from unidentified McCain operatives in the days after the election, the Arizona senator said, “These things happen in campaigns.

“I think I have at least a thousand, quote, top advisers,” he scoffed. “A top adviser said? I’ve never even heard of ... a top adviser or high-ranking Republican official.”

However, McCain never directly addressed the controversy over Palin’s expensive campaign wardrobe purchased by the Republican National Committee, or statements by unidentified McCain aides who have reportedly said she was not prepared on foreign policy.

The Alaska governor has said in interviews she did not ask for, or want, the $150,000-plus wardrobe for her and her family.

He disputed that a different vice presidential pick would have changed the outcome.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:08 pm

What a Face affraid lol! Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 784608 Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 810511 Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 810511 Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 496511 Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 56886 Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 795451
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 pm

She is bad mouthing her own president for the loss to her and McCain.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20081110/palin_wardrobe_081110/20081110?hub=TopStories&s_name=

WASILLA, Alaska -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, amid speculation she'll run for president in four years, blamed Bush administration policies for the defeat last week of the GOP ticket.

Palin said she prayed she wouldn't miss "an open door" for her next political opportunity.

"I'm like, OK, God, if there is an open door for me somewhere, this is what I always pray, I'm like, don't let me miss the open door," Palin said in an interview with Fox News on Monday.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:22 pm

Canuck wrote:She is bad mouthing her own president for the loss to her and McCain.
And I would say she's spot on there. Considering the country's disapproval of the president, the fact that they did as well as they did was is a bit surprising.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:27 pm

Markwes wrote:
Canuck wrote:She is bad mouthing her own president for the loss to her and McCain.
And I would say she's spot on there. Considering the country's disapproval of the president, the fact that they did as well as they did was is a bit surprising.

LOL ... really?

You got beat by 7,000,000 in an electoral LANDSLIDE by a black man who you guys said was not qualified and you are impressed they stayed that close?

ROFLMFAO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:32 pm

Markwes wrote:

I don't disagree about his disapproval ratings.
Don't you think it also has something to do with her as well for their loss?
I mean seriously, the woman is a babbling buffoon.
I think she was only selected because she is a woman, they were hoping to win the votes of disheartened women from the Barack/Hilary primaries.
A few high profile Republicans also said that she is not ready to be president.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:47 pm

Canuck wrote:
Markwes wrote:

I don't disagree about his disapproval ratings.
I think she was only selected because she is a woman, they were hoping to win the votes of disheartened women from the Barack/Hilary primaries.
I think you're right Canuck. It was a combination of several factors like you mentioned. I get the feeling it really wouldn't have mattered much who the Republicans put out there against the Democrats...Bush poisoned the GOP for many (myself included) that they probably thought, "Hell, let's give the other party a try to see if they can clean this mess up."
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

LOL ... really?

You got beat by 7,000,000 in an electoral LANDSLIDE by a black man who you guys said was not qualified and you are impressed they stayed that close?

ROFLMFAO
Really, I got beat by 7,000,000? I didn't know I was even on the ballot!

Yes, the electoral vote was a landslide, but I don't consider the 7% margin in the popular vote a landslide.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:02 pm

Canuck wrote:I don't disagree about his disapproval ratings.
I don't know. For every person who is like you and thinks she is a babbling buffoon, there is probably another who liked her non-Washington demeanor, or just wanted a woman in the White House. The thing is, we know that historically when a sitting president has a low approval rating, it's difficult for the candidate of that party to win. We don't know (or at least I haven't seen) any definite statistics on how Palin affected the ticket, good or bad. And let's be serious - anyone who liked McCain but didn't vote for him because of his VP pick has got a screw loose.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Markwes wrote:
I don't know. For every person who is like you and thinks she is a babbling buffoon, there is probably another who liked her non-Washington demeanor, or just wanted a woman in the White House. The thing is, we know that historically when a sitting president has a low approval rating, it's difficult for the candidate of that party to win. We don't know (or at least I haven't seen) any definite statistics on how Palin affected the ticket, good or bad. And let's be serious - anyone who liked McCain but didn't vote for him because of his VP pick has got a screw loose. IMO, of course.

Fixed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:17 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
I don't know. For every person who is like you and thinks she is a babbling buffoon, there is probably another who liked her non-Washington demeanor, or just wanted a woman in the White House. The thing is, we know that historically when a sitting president has a low approval rating, it's difficult for the candidate of that party to win. We don't know (or at least I haven't seen) any definite statistics on how Palin affected the ticket, good or bad. And let's be serious - anyone who liked McCain but didn't vote for him because of his VP pick has got a screw loose. IMO, of course.

Fixed.
Oh, I can only shake my head. When was the last time a VP actually became president? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that would be Gerald Ford in the early 70's. And if you really get down to it, when was the last time a VP made any impact in our country at all? I have no idea. But thanks for "fixing" my post anyway.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:19 am

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:IMO, of course.

Fixed.
Oh, I can only shake my head. When was the last time a VP actually became president? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that would be Gerald Ford in the early 70's. And if you really get down to it, when was the last time a VP made any impact in our country at all? I have no idea. But thanks for "fixing" my post anyway.

Cheney, silly. Would you even argue this for a moment?

I corrected your post mostly because you seem to be asserting opinion as fact when it's merely your opinion. I disagreed with most of it because apparently most of the country was concerned with the VP for the previously stated reason that McCain's health was a valid concern and having HER as VP is a terrible nightmare for most.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:20 am

Markwes wrote:
I don't know. For every person who is like you and thinks she is a babbling buffoon, there is probably another who liked her non-Washington demeanor, or just wanted a woman in the White House. The thing is, we know that historically when a sitting president has a low approval rating, it's difficult for the candidate of that party to win. We don't know (or at least I haven't seen) any definite statistics on how Palin affected the ticket, good or bad. And let's be serious - anyone who liked McCain but didn't vote for him because of his VP pick has got a screw loose.

Oh please Mark, McCain's VP was important because he would have been the OLDEST person ever sworn into the office of the Presidency and he has battled MELANOMA three times. Melanoma is one of the deadliest types of cancer. Please .... as Canuck said Palin is a "bumbling bafoon" and not qualified at all to be President. For this VP pick alone McCain should not have won, what happened to his theme of "Country First", bullshit his pick of Palin put "Country LAST".
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:22 am

meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Markwes wrote:IMO, of course.

Fixed.

Cheney, silly. Would you even argue this for a moment?

I corrected your post mostly because you seem to be asserting opinion as fact when it's merely your opinion. I disagreed with most of it because apparently most of the country was concerned with the VP for the previously stated reason that McCain's health was a valid concern and having HER as VP is a terrible nightmare for most.

In that case, every post should end with "IMO".
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 am

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Oh please Mark, McCain's VP was important because he would have been the OLDEST person ever sworn into the office of the Presidency and he has battled MELANOMA three times. Melanoma is one of the deadliest types of cancer. Please .... as Canuck said Palin is a "bumbling bafoon" and not qualified at all to be President. For this VP pick alone McCain should not have won, what happened to his theme of "Country First", bullshit his pick of Palin put "Country LAST". IMO
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:36 am

Markwes, you're such a little crybaby.

I didn't actually correct your post, I added a comment. You expected no comment on your post? I find that hard to believe with all that "bait" in the last sentence. It sounded like you were asserting that if someone likes McCain they should automatically like Palin. Sure I liked Palin... in a dress and wearing go-go boots, but not for VP. But that's just me talking with a screw loose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:36 am

IrishGuy wrote:

In that case, every post should end with "IMO".

As you wish... Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:21 am

meta4 wrote:Markwes, you're such a little crybaby.

I didn't actually correct your post, I added a comment. You expected no comment on your post? I find that hard to believe with all that "bait" in the last sentence. It sounded like you were asserting that if someone likes McCain they should automatically like Palin. Sure I liked Palin... in a dress and wearing go-go boots, but not for VP. But that's just me talking with a screw loose.
Now, that's funny. As I recall, Canuck and I were having a side discussion as to who is to blame for McCain's loss. I neither defended nor attacked Palin. You are all doing enough of that to go around. Nowhere did I say you should like Palin if you like McCain. If that's what you got out of it, I'm not sure what to tell you. My simple assertation, if that's what you want to call it, was that Bush's low approval rating (together with the Dems equating McCain to Bush) is what doomed the Republican ticket more than anything. Yet you and Bman keep wanting to make this all about how unqualified she is. Okay then, trash away.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:02 pm

Sarah is trash!!!! What did the McCain advisors call her and her family? Oh ... Wasilla Hillbillies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Alright, enough of this name calling stuff.

I started it with referring to her as a babbling buffoon, I think. Embarassed
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 pm

Bman wrote:Sarah is trash!!!! What did the McCain advisors call her and her family? Oh ... Wasilla Hillbillies.

That's what's confusing why would he choose her in the first place Question What a Face
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Mort wrote:
Bman wrote:Sarah is trash!!!! What did the McCain advisors call her and her family? Oh ... Wasilla Hillbillies.

That's what's confusing why would he choose her in the first place Question What a Face

She was chosen because she is a woman. They expected the women who were bitter over Hillary's loss to Barack to vote for them because of her.
But when she spoke, it made those bitter women come to their senses, essentially it was like a bitchslap. lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:17 pm

Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 45492 <------Sara
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:20 pm

Mort wrote:Knives come out for Sarah Palin. Let the blamin go on Palin - Page 2 45492 <------Sara

Haha, that icon looks like you are trying to lure her into your dungeon.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next