The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

+3
floridafun
Cincy Fan 44
LTRT
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters - Page 2 Empty Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 am

floridafun wrote:sorry cincy--i apparently skimmed over the part where you said hetro makes you uncomfortable too!! sunny drunken
no harm, no foul Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters - Page 2 Empty Re: Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters

Post  Mort Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:21 am

Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D96E53483&show_article=1

I really don't get what he is whinning about

He wants something?

What a whinner

I don't think blacks want us trying to chum up for no reason

I don't see
color I see people what do you see?
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  loaner1 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:15 pm

meta4 wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:
meta4 wrote:I tell you what, It's not the "quiet" ones that get to me. I get uncomfortable with really flagrant homosexual behavior just as I do with really flagrant racist behavior. I have friends that are racist, and openly admit it. I have friends that are gay and are open about it.

Am I alone? I hope not.

Your post seems to imply flagrant homosexual behavior is as bad as flagrant racist behavior; is that what you meant?

Not really. I say both make me feel uncomfortable, but apparently I'm cowardly if I would rather not bring up a difficult subject to each group - that their behavior makes me uncomfortable. Not really a question of what kind of behavior is "bad" or "good", just that I recognize - call it cowardly if you will - a desire within myself not to develop that uncomfortable situation into something even more uncomfortable.

Ok, an example. I do tech support for a company which has several hundred clients. One of these clients has an office manager who is openly and flamingly gay. One of the first times I talked with him on the phone he began antagonizing, making subtle remarks, etc. I didn't appreciate that. I felt as though he was harassing me with his personal lifestyle choice within the context of a business setting. His employer tolerates his crass behavior because they are afraid if they say "that's not professional behavior" he would file a lawsuit. Cowards. They should tell him to shut the fu*k up and be professional or find another job. It's a profound lack of professional business acumen.

Would it make a difference if the person that began antagonizing, making subtle remarks, etc. was a nice looking woman, easy on the eyes ?
That happens alot and is not looked at because it "seems" more acceptable.
It just depends on who is doing the flirting.
loaner1
loaner1
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 126

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:56 pm

loaner1 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
Aggie Transplant wrote:
meta4 wrote:I tell you what, It's not the "quiet" ones that get to me. I get uncomfortable with really flagrant homosexual behavior just as I do with really flagrant racist behavior. I have friends that are racist, and openly admit it. I have friends that are gay and are open about it.

Am I alone? I hope not.

Your post seems to imply flagrant homosexual behavior is as bad as flagrant racist behavior; is that what you meant?

Not really. I say both make me feel uncomfortable, but apparently I'm cowardly if I would rather not bring up a difficult subject to each group - that their behavior makes me uncomfortable. Not really a question of what kind of behavior is "bad" or "good", just that I recognize - call it cowardly if you will - a desire within myself not to develop that uncomfortable situation into something even more uncomfortable.

Ok, an example. I do tech support for a company which has several hundred clients. One of these clients has an office manager who is openly and flamingly gay. One of the first times I talked with him on the phone he began antagonizing, making subtle remarks, etc. I didn't appreciate that. I felt as though he was harassing me with his personal lifestyle choice within the context of a business setting. His employer tolerates his crass behavior because they are afraid if they say "that's not professional behavior" he would file a lawsuit. Cowards. They should tell him to shut the fu*k up and be professional or find another job. It's a profound lack of professional business acumen.

Would it make a difference if the person that began antagonizing, making subtle remarks, etc. was a nice looking woman, easy on the eyes ?
That happens alot and is not looked at because it "seems" more acceptable.
It just depends on who is doing the flirting.

Ok, macho arrogance aside? I notice that all the time. I'm not so sure it's blatant "flirty" behavior, and perhaps muted so much that it's more of a subconscious thing. It's a tough call indeed. I suspect flirting if the context of a conversation drifts to "my boyfriend makes me so mad" followed by something like a "you're so smart".

I think many girls are taught from a very young age they are "pretty little princesses" (my own included). There is a certain measure of role association and femininity that gets mixed into a girls identity/ego. A smile goes a long way and some people who aren't used to being smiled may interpret it the wrong way.

Personally, I watch body language. Hair flipping, tossing, etc. are subconscious actions. Bending over (either forwards or backwards) should be something that any woman who has worn a short or low cut dress would be aware of IMO.

I think you bring up an interesting thought between attractiveness and it's ability to motivate people. Very Happy Some guys (and girls if that's their thing) might feel "used" if they weren't likely to help a person of the opposite sex until she/he gives a little smile. Ok there, I've probably said too much already, I'll leave it at that.

Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters - Page 2 14142

Maybe the simplest answer I can give you is yeah, if a girl was flirting (as one female client in particular has IMO) that would make me feel uncomfortable. For example, a conversation started out with work and then when there's some dead time on the line, the weather, maybe what's for lunch/dinner, etc. Well, after that, this lady mentioned she was using their hot tub which is on their back patio and a neighbor guy thought it was a good idea to come over and strike up a conversation with her, not realizing she was naked under the bubbles, he chatted for a minute until she steered the conversation into the dirt, then he left. I thought that story was entirely too personal for two strangers to share on a tech support call. I wouldn't quite call it harassing but just in appropriate topic of discussion. Anyhow, just an example how I was confused and thought about that later and said to myself "WTF?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:08 pm

""I suspect flirting if the context of a conversation drifts to "my boyfriend makes me so mad" followed by something like a "you're so smart".

I think many girls are taught from a very young age they are "pretty little princesses" (my own included). There is a certain measure of role association and femininity that gets mixed into a girls identity/ego. A smile goes a long way and some people who aren't used to being smiled may interpret it the wrong way.""

LOL what a quaint 70's way of looking at the whole flirting thing Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters - Page 2 894597
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:38 pm

floridafun wrote:""I suspect flirting if the context of a conversation drifts to "my boyfriend makes me so mad" followed by something like a "you're so smart".

I think many girls are taught from a very young age they are "pretty little princesses" (my own included). There is a certain measure of role association and femininity that gets mixed into a girls identity/ego. A smile goes a long way and some people who aren't used to being smiled may interpret it the wrong way.""

LOL what a quaint 70's way of looking at the whole flirting thing Holder: US is nation of cowards on racial matters - Page 2 894597

Oh, come on... that isn't the easiest thing for me to speak to, being a guy and all. I didn't want to write a book on the subject either. You want me to start insinuating a pro-female perspective to your postings?

[variable=macho value=on]

... unless you have very fond memories of the 70's and you're attempting to explain how charming I can be in a whitty off-the-cuff sorta way... lol!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:05 pm

LOL...my oldest girls think they're princesses et al, but what they need to realize is that that makes me the King dammit! jocolor king
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:25 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:LOL...my oldest girls think they're princesses et al, but what they need to realize is that that makes me the King dammit! jocolor king

Have you seen "Ariel's Beginning" with them? I think it's a sequel to that other mermaid one with the fish and the music and stuff. Very Happy

All Kings are not like Disney kings!

Do I detect a hint of repressed patriarchal acknowledgment in your brood?

If so, I know how you feel man!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:LOL...my oldest girls think they're princesses et al, but what they need to realize is that that makes me the King dammit! jocolor king

Please don't let us see you on TLC's "Toddler's & Tieras" or we'll send the REAL Jack Bauer after you. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:48 pm

LTRT wrote:

Please don't let us see you on TLC's "Toddler's & Tieras" or we'll send the REAL Jack Bauer after you. Razz

I bet he's just brimming with info that's much needed for supporting our troops!

... now how can we find out for sure? Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:53 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:

I bet he's just brimming with info that's much needed for supporting our troops!

... now how can we find out for sure? Twisted Evil
I got nuttin' to say until my lawyer shows up. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:54 pm

meta4 wrote:Have you seen "Ariel's Beginning" with them? I think it's a sequel to that other mermaid one with the fish and the music and stuff. Very Happy

All Kings are not like Disney kings!

Do I detect a hint of repressed patriarchal acknowledgment in your brood?

If so, I know how you feel man!
Haven't seen it yet, but I imagine my time is coming. affraid
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2