The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, Hootie's a pretty good country singer....

3 posters

Go down

Hey, Hootie's a pretty good country singer.... Empty Hey, Hootie's a pretty good country singer....

Post  Aggie Transplant Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:23 am

Something else I realize no one else on this Board can chime in on as having been there also, but I'll put my two cents' worth in.....

Last night, I went to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Darius Rucker was the performer for the evening. Wow, the man can sing country! He sang a few old Hootie and the Blowfish songs, but mostly he stuck to country. What a voice.

For the rodeo side, I used to enjoy it, but now not as much. I wonder what the point of it is, especially in wrestling animals around. One event, Mutton Bustin', is actually pretty tough on humans also. They get 4-6 year old kids to ride a lamb until the kid is dumped off. The child is wearing a helmet and safety gear, and the lamb is very low to the ground, but still, a kid or two ended up crying when it was done.

I will have to buy Hootie's latest CD, though.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Hey, Hootie's a pretty good country singer.... Empty Re: Hey, Hootie's a pretty good country singer....

Post  LTRT Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 am

Aggie Transplant wrote:One event, Mutton Bustin', is actually pretty tough on humans also. They get 4-6 year old kids to ride a lamb until the kid is dumped off. The child is wearing a helmet and safety gear, and the lamb is very low to the ground, but still, a kid or two ended up crying when it was done.

Pardon me while I contact CPS & PETA. Twisted Evil Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Hey, Hootie's a pretty good country singer.... Empty Re: Hey, Hootie's a pretty good country singer....

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:52 am

My wife likes Darius, I think he's not half bad at country. He's made a great "crossover" jump and it seems to be doing well for him.

I like watching rodeo... but it's better with an AC\DC soundtrack imo Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:16 am

i like hootys music
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down