The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Hillary Quit?

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Hillary Quit? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Hillary Quit?

Post  Markwes Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:03 pm

It doesn't.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Bman wrote:I don't think so, Barack Obama won his senate seat by beating Alan Keyes in the election. Obama faced a primary challenge too. The republican contest was a mess, the leading candidate got mired in a sex controversy (messy divorce) and dropped out and the republican party picked Alan Keyes to be their candidate in that election.

That was it! She reiterated what one of the tools (or both) were spinning, that Keyes was such a weak candidate, it was easy for Obama to beat him. Hence suggesting that he is less than the finest quality .... I think my response was something like "well, he's a politician just like the rest of them, what do you expect?"

Bman wrote:and yes ... Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh are tools and Ann Coulter is a $#%^ (4 letter word that I know would offend people on here, so I will refrain).

Bman, I don't know if you're a fan of Larry David. He did a show on HBO called "Curb Your Enthusiasm". You didn't happen to see the episode called "The Shrimp Incident". I believe that word was mentioned at a poker game, it was too funny.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:57 pm

Bman wrote:and yes ... Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh are tools and Ann Coulter is a $#%^ (4 letter word that I know would offend people on here, so I will refrain).
And I suppose Bill Maher and Al Franken are fine journalists?
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:19 pm

Clinton's top strategist quits
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/06/clinton.campaign/index.html
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Sen. Hillary Clinton's chief presidential campaign strategist is quitting his post amid criticism of his public relations firm's contacts with the Colombian government over a pending free-trade deal, Clinton's campaign announced.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:00 am

Heard about this on WOWO yesterday.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/883120,CST-NWS-trustee08.article

Moving to nip in the bud some potential bad press, White House hopeful Barack Obama's campaign persuaded a delegate to step down after she was ticketed for calling her neighbor's African-American children "monkeys."

First of all the sub-headline states that she called them "monkeys", which isn't what the story claims, which is that she told them to stop playing like monkeys - big difference. Second, since when is "monkey" a racist term? It's an animal people - GET A GRIP! Third, shouldn't Obama have stood by her and reiterated her claim that there was no racist intent here? He defends Reverend Wright who made blatantly obvious derisive remarks but for this incident he worries about bad press.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Markwes wrote:Heard about this on WOWO yesterday.

Moving to nip in the bud some potential bad press, White House hopeful Barack Obama's campaign persuaded a delegate to step down after she was ticketed for calling her neighbor's African-American children "monkeys."

First of all the sub-headline states that she called them "monkeys", which isn't what the story claims, which is that she told them to stop playing like monkeys - big difference. Second, since when is "monkey" a racist term? It's an animal people - GET A GRIP! Third, shouldn't Obama have stood by her and reiterated her claim that there was no racist intent here? He defends Reverend Wright who made blatantly obvious derisive remarks but for this incident he worries about bad press.

The whole thing is lame. This is right down the road from where I am. She would have called them monkeys if they were white kids as well. This is the kinda crap that makes America suck monkey balls.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:51 pm

Markwes wrote:Heard about this on WOWO yesterday.

Interesting article. I'm starting to swing McCain's way because he's (mostly) staying out of the stupidity.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Jugo, a little off topic but what do you think of the proposed cell phone fine being proposed for pedestrians in Chicago? I'm thinking they might as well ban talking to a friend in person while crossing the street if they are going to do something like this. I would like to see the court case of someone refusing to pay and how they go about trying to prove that he was talking on a cell phone at the time of crossing the road.

Here's one link:
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/875044,CST-NWS-cross03.article
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Sounds like a pretty stupid law to me. Sadly, people will probably just pay the tickets instead of taking it to court. Flood the court system with opposition to these tickets and see how long it is enforced.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:13 am

a reason blacks are offended, rightly or wrongly, by the monkey reference....when darwin and several other researchers/nature study professionals came out almost simultaniously and independently with similar theories of origin of species and descent of man writings.....the whites got into an uproar NOT as much because there was no credit being given to a god, but because they were being told they shared a common ancestry with blacks--from apes/primates. blacks were called monkeys and told they were geneologically monkeys for a long time. just glorified animals..not comparable to superior whites who were sure darwin got the shared descent wrong. also because the writings by darwin etc leaned toward the idea the blacks were less developed intellectually..were in a savage/disorganized ignorance state of evolved development as opposed to whites who were deemed to be more intellectually advanced.

the thing we need to keep in mind is the whites dont have a point of reference where they went thru--in recent historical periods--anything like what they put the blacks thru. i am not playing gimme here alien just really giving alot of thought to the subject since the wright issue became what it did.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:29 am

on hillary--here is how she will manage the nations economy? LOL!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/08/calif-campus-may-turn-ove_n_95732.html

Clinton Campaign Owes UC Davis Money
Campus May Turn Debt Over To Collection Agency

Bill Clinton may have charmed the crowd at UC Davis in January, when 7500 people showed up to see him, but charm has not covered the Clinton campaign bill.

The University of California in Davis is ready to take the Clinton presidential campaign to a collection agency if they do not pay back the thousands of dollars they are still owed.

Here's a breakdown of expenses:

- The UC Davis Marching Band cost $500.
- Cleanup services after the rally cost $250.
- UC Davis Police officers didn't come as cheap. The security bill is more than $5,600.

"I'm more than willing to be held accountable for it, because that's the way life is," Hillary Clinton said to a Montana crowd on Monday. There is no word whether she'll apply that philosophy here, or if she even knows about the outstanding debt.

Her Sacramento campaign office closed its doors after Super Tuesday, and her campaign spokespeople didn't return my calls.

UC Davis is planning to put its final bill out this week, and if the debt has not been settled within a month, they are going to turn the matter over to a collection agency.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/08/bill-clintons-ties-to-col_n_95651.html

i forsee much conflict of interest/opinion with a new clinton co-presidency cyclops guess she cant fire bill like she did penn.

On Sunday evening, Sen. Hillary Clinton's chief campaign strategist, Mark Penn, resigned from his post after it was revealed he was working (on the side) for the passage of a Colombia Free Trade Agreement that his candidate opposed.

But within the Clinton campaign, Penn is not the highest-ranking adviser with financial ties to groups and individuals supporting the passage of the measure.

Former President Bill Clinton has earned hundreds of thousands of dollars speaking on behalf of a Colombia-based group pushing the trade pact, and representatives of that organization tell The Huffington Post that the former president shared their sentiment.

In June 2005, Clinton was paid $800,000 by the Colombia-based Gold Service International to give four speeches throughout Latin America. The organization is, ostensibly, a development group tasked with bringing investment to the country and educating world leaders about the Colombia's business opportunities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7xzhmMwXKU
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:23 am

This should help Hillary pay those bills. Elton John playing a concert to raise funds for her campaign. And here I thought Elton was British.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080410/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_concert
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:30 am

Betcha now they wish they hadn't given so much $$$ to charity since they're having a hard time paying their bills... Rolling Eyes
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:42 am

floridafun wrote:blacks were called monkeys and told they were geneologically monkeys for a long time. just glorified animals..not comparable to superior whites who were sure darwin got the shared descent wrong. also because the writings by darwin etc leaned toward the idea the blacks were less developed intellectually..were in a savage/disorganized ignorance state of evolved development as opposed to whites who were deemed to be more intellectually advanced.

the thing we need to keep in mind is the whites dont have a point of reference where they went thru--in recent historical periods--anything like what they put the blacks thru. i am not playing gimme here alien just really giving alot of thought to the subject since the wright issue became what it did.
I understand what you're saying. I just don't like the idea that I could make a perfectly well-meaning statement if I was worried about kids in my neighborhood getting hurt and then have it turned around to make me look like a racist based on someone's theory 150 years ago. It seems like a "guilt by association" type of judgement.

Update - She is not leaving the Obama campaign after all. Not sure if she changed her mind, or Obama changed his mind, or if the press just got it wrong originally. I'd be interested to know what the disorderly conduct fine was all about.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/04/09/obama-delegate-stays-with-campaign-after-monkey-remark/
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:43 pm

Glad to hear. No reason for that woman to get in trouble.

Porch monkey for life. I'm taking it back.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:30 pm

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20080413/MULTIMEDIA110/804130395/1029

Hillary doing shots. affraid

More of Hill gettin' her buzz on (check out them eyes while she's chugging the beer)http://newsbusters.org/static/2008/04/2008-04-14ABCGMAHillary.wmv
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:45 pm

LOL! That's what we need to see, a candidate out getting buzzed. Can't wait for the footage of her next weekend crouched over in a duck blind with her 6 shooter. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:47 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

LOL! That's what we need to see, a candidate out getting buzzed. Can't wait for the footage of her next weekend crouched over in a duck blind with her 6 shooter. Laughing

Yeh, good ole Annie Oakley Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:30 pm

I don't believe that was a real shot... Why take a shot of whiskey, sip half, then "chug" half if you're trying to appeal to the drinkers?

What I saw was just textbook WRONG for doing shots. This was some place near Noblesville, an affluent middle upper class suburb of Indy. I mean come on, you wouldn't expect her to take a chance on confusing those that are not accustomed to the shot ritual would you? The etiquette should be the following..

You pick up the shot, turning respectfully to the rest in the party and then,
You toast the person who bought it, or the rest of those taking a shot with you.
One should always do a shot with another person, because if you're drinking shots alone, you've got issues.
Then you drink at the same time as the others,
Finally, chase with beer if you must, many do with whiskey shots.

I have never seen anyone do a "half-and-half" approach to a shot.

In this video she did not score any points with me... she's clearly visible when receiving, and sipping, disappears for a moment, then she turns/appears back into view, probably after someone in her party slips her a non-alcoholic imposter. If she had followed etiquette, for the camera, instead of turning around so everyone else in the bar could see she was holding a shot glass, that would be a class act. IMHO of course. Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

meta4 wrote:I don't believe that was a real shot... Why take a shot of whiskey, sip half, then "chug" half if you're trying to appeal to the drinkers?

What I saw was just textbook WRONG for doing shots. This was some place near Noblesville, an affluent middle upper class suburb of Indy. I mean come on, you wouldn't expect her to take a chance on confusing those that are not accustomed to the shot ritual would you? The etiquette should be the following..

TV news said she was is Crown Point and the shot was Crown Royal, but do we believe the media.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:45 pm

LTRT2 wrote:
meta4 wrote:I don't believe that was a real shot... Why take a shot of whiskey, sip half, then "chug" half if you're trying to appeal to the drinkers?

TV news said she was is Crown Point and the shot was Crown Royal, but do we believe the media.
Never!
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:51 pm

LTRT2 wrote:

Oh, you know what? When I googled to find out where Crown Point was, I spelled it "Pointe" which is by Noblesville. Still doesn't change my opinion. I believe Crown Royal is whiskey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:14 pm

meta4 wrote:

I don't believe that was a real shot... Why take a shot of whiskey, sip half, then "chug" half if you're trying to appeal to the drinkers?

Yes! Sipping on a shot of whiskey is like nibbling on an oyster - it prolongs the unpleasantness. And another thing is she didn't seem to react at all to the flavor. I mean I can drink a shot with the best of them, but I still make that "whoa!" face at least a little bit when I drink a shot of whiskey. drunken
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Markwes wrote:
meta4 wrote:

Yes! Sipping on a shot of whiskey is like nibbling on an oyster - it prolongs the unpleasantness. And another thing is she didn't seem to react at all to the flavor. I mean I can drink a shot with the best of them, but I still make that "whoa!" face at least a little bit when I drink a shot of whiskey. drunken

Exactly, I'd put my money on it being colored water, or apple juice or something. I drink maybe 2 or 3 shots a MONTH and I can't help but make the "whoa" face, if she can drink Crown Royal like that, she can definitely handle her liquor... which may be scarier still... Twisted Evil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:54 pm

Odd, the video from the goupstate website has now been removed...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next