The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mccain town hall yesterday

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

mccain town hall yesterday Empty mccain town hall yesterday

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am

watched his town hall yesterday. wow. it was as if the mccain of 2008 automagically disappeared, he was the john mccain i had respect for back before he became a rover.
(teabaggers had numerous moments of angry disappointment where they boo'd and hoo'd. i didnt start watching until he took the stage, so i dont know how many gun totin joe the carriers were proudly displaying their hatred of america for the majority choice in her election of a president.)

some topics covered::
john expressed his opinion about not wanting a gov option..and unwillingness to support any co-op option because they will be a back door for universal care to creep thru. he wants all so-far discussions of healthcare along with any ideas added to existing proposal from either party to be scrapped..just start over. he gave talking points on the only things he feels are needed, such as removal of dropping folks when they get sick, drop pre-existing conditions, drop the ideas of allowing buying drugs cheaper thru canada, allow plan purchases from other states, etc. seemed to me the things he had listed were pretty much all included in the obama plan.

acorn
gitmo
why didnt repubs ever do anything to improve healthcare
illegals to be or not to be covered
obama--does he know our constitution
we are losing our freedom
upcoming awful changes is ss and medicare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mon4Z32AVj4

here are the q&a stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCbhaKEtfeE&feature=channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6VLtbKN4Ik&feature=channel
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

mccain town hall yesterday Empty Re: mccain town hall yesterday

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:56 am

not shown in these vids were the times, 3 i think, where mccain said he will not tolerate hateful divisiveness at his town hall. will not allow the kind of anger and behavior that has been seen at other recent town halls. he stated that the recent methods of intimidation and inference of potential violence are shameful and scarey..that in all his years he has not seen such behavior and it is unacceptable. he said dissent is fine, disagreement is fine, but there are appropriate ways to do both without doing them as he has seen this summer.

a questioner asked if obama even knows the constitution because it seems to many he wants to completely change the america so many love, part of why they fear obama, and they arent so sure he cares about america. he responded with yes he is sure obama knows the constitution, and that he is sure obama cares about america. he said obama is a good man and is all our president..that as happens with every president mccain simply takes a different view than obama but both have americas best interests at heart.

a questioner asked why obama wants to give millions to acorn who are known cheaters in the vote process and why arent republicans fighting that. mccain said she is mistaken about acorn, the fact is there are just a few precincts nationwide where there are questions about acorns practices, which are still under investigation..nothing proven yet against them.

a questioner asked, after years ago we did alot of negotiating to obtain the rights to gitmo..why does obama want to tear it down and bring its terrorists to america. mccain said he is right to do what he is doing with gitmo. that it has become a stain on america. that its possible some will be kept in american prisons after their trials. that some may be found guilty at trial, some may be set free, and that some are incapable of going to trial and america has to work to find the best solution for each which may include some being kept in america. it is whats necessary at this point.

a questioner said he was in military for years and has now been on ss for 25 years, and is on medicare. he is very happy with both and concerned about all the talk of reforms changing those plans or about either going broke. mccain said we will never let ss or medicare fail financially, that it will be there for all just as it was intended. that any changes will be in managing costs and excessive procedures and will not affect what the recipiants see in their benefit except meds and procedures will be cheaper.

a questioner asked..since the issues about healthcare and mortgages and financial institutions has been in the news as looming near collapse and causing horrific soon-to-happen disasters, how come the repubs didnt act on those things during theoir last 8 years except the final few months when tarp was created. how come all they ever talked about regarding money was war funding. he said repubs dropped the ball in alot of ways, but reminded her they did pass schip and some other medicare reform thing.

a questioner asked why anyone should accept our basic 2-party system anymore since both seem to be massive failures. mccain said he can understand why people feel that way, and the correct way to make that change is to work toward it in a constructive way. he said he thinks there is a revolution underway in america and that could be a good thing, but again the kind of revolution that will bring about changes must not be one encouraging hatred and violence, but constructive debate and discussion.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:55 am

You keep on believing all those politicians whatever side of the aisle they're on. Arrow
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:01 am

so who do you think should lead/represent our nation? regardless of his party mccain held a very good town hall meeting and gave alot of good answers to people who had concerns, based on facts and his personal experiences and opinions.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 am

floridafun wrote:so who do you think should lead/represent our nation? regardless of his party mccain held a very good town hall meeting and gave alot of good answers to people who had concerns, based on facts and his personal experiences and opinions.

I felt Romney was a better selection then the 'maverick', but I guess people couldn't see past the whole Mormon thing.

So a GOOD town hall meeting is one where a republican slams his constituents by disagreeing with them and calling them liars eh? No Why not see if the DNC call persuade the Mav to join ya.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 am

i didnt care for romney but it had nothing to do with his being a morman..that was waaaay down on the list of why i didnt care for him. partly because he changed his mind every new election season on all the main points of interest. partly because his religion, regardless of which it was, was something he heavily relied on in an effort to win the religious rite and his view seemed not to be inclusive. the things he said are supported by his religion which i do not support and didnt when i was involved in religion were the right of choice on the abortion issue, the fact imho of evolution as opposed to biblical creationism to be taught in schools, his stance on gay issues..etc.

and i felt a good town hall meeting was one where you dont need to assault the character or intents of those who disagree, in order to make your own ideas look better. where you dont need to call someone unpatriotic or ignorant of our constitution because your own opinions are on the other side of the fence than theirs. one where you present your own ideas and concerns without telling blatant and proven lies about what the other guy wants just to prop your ideas up. giving the people facts based on his knowledge and experience is the same as calling them liars? he didnt slam anyone..he just didnt get up there and feed the frenzy..he made it clear encouraging violence and hatred is not acceptable. i can see where that would bother those who love those things i guess.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 am

Well then, it's quite apparent that anyone who disagrees with you or your fellow moonbats is a liar and that you and your chums have all the facts as you so forcefully state in every post.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:21 am

Romney .... pro choice when running for office in Mass.
Romney .... pro life when he was running for the republican President nomination

Romney .... pro gay rights when Gov of Mass.
Romney .... anti gay anything when running for the republican nomination

Romney has no spine ... talk about the ultimate flip flopper from Mass.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:24 am

Bman wrote:Romney .... pro choice when running for office in Mass.
Romney .... pro life when he was running for the republican President nomination

So........

Topic: McCain town hall
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:25 am

LTRT wrote:

So........

You said Romney was your kind of republican ... just sayin'
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:58 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

So........

You said Romney was your kind of republican ... just sayin'

Yes and I was responding to FF's question. You on the otherhand just want to continue to bash the GOP but offer up nothing in regards to the continuing decline in our economy.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Continuing decline of our economy? Stock market is UP, unemployment is leveling off, housing starts have been up .... we are seeing some green sprouts in this economy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:46 pm

there we go talkin to the dining room table again bman.. rendeer we will see next time cincy comments on anything he posts..will he say..i was talking to---
reminds me of donut.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 pm

romney musta been pro-militant militia. so nothing else he flip-flopped on mattered.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:05 pm

floridafun wrote:there we go talkin to the dining room table again bman.. rendeer we will see next time cincy comments on anything he posts..will he say..i was talking to---
reminds me of donut.
somebody go reset the "Days It's Been Since We Mentioned Doe" clock back to zero... Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:24 pm

rendeer lol!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:52 pm

Bman wrote:Continuing decline of our economy? Stock market is UP, unemployment is leveling off, housing starts have been up .... we are seeing some green sprouts in this economy.

"unemployment is leveling off"...you've have got to be kiddin', are you auditioning for the improv? When 500,000 new umemployment claims are made and that's down from the forecast of 525k, I wouldn't be calling that leveling off. mccain town hall yesterday 839550
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:55 pm

floridafun wrote:romney musta been pro-militant militia. so nothing else he flip-flopped on mattered.

He must matter to you, since you've tangented your own thread to bashing him as well, 'bout time for a post on Cheney. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:19 pm

LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:romney musta been pro-militant militia. so nothing else he flip-flopped on mattered.

He must matter to you, since you've tangented your own thread to bashing him as well, 'bout time for a post on Cheney. Rolling Eyes

desperate much? i asked who you would prefer and you said romney. and far as the post you entered about how all us moonbats think anyone who disagrees with us..whatever else you said, i said in my original post i dont agree with what mccain wants far as healthcare goes. i just felt he handled his town hall well.

oh and ya forgot to jump cincy for not staying on the topic--mccains town hall. just sayin..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Bman wrote:Continuing decline of our economy? Stock market is UP, unemployment is leveling off, housing starts have been up .... we are seeing some green sprouts in this economy.

Obama camp stated today that unemployment will probably hit 10% this year before beginning a slow decline next year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:13 pm

and thats obamas doing how? oooo all the things ignored for the last several years that began imploding in..what august last year? those are all obamas fault. i bet there are documents somewhere tracing the careful planning to destroy those things in america before the kenyan muslim mafia even moved to get him hired as a constitutional law professor. excuse me while i bop over to check on worldnutdaily.

obama has tried to improve things..he never said it would all happen overnite. the neocons and the militant militia types whill think no matter what he does or doesnt do...it will be the wrong thing period. just say no.
keep on hatin..that'll teach him!
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:49 pm

floridafun wrote:and thats obamas doing how? oooo all the things ignored for the last several years that began imploding in..what august last year? those are all obamas fault. i bet there are documents somewhere tracing the careful planning to destroy those things in america before the kenyan muslim mafia even moved to get him hired as a constitutional law professor. excuse me while i bop over to check on worldnutdaily.

obama has tried to improve things..he never said it would all happen overnite. the neocons and the militant militia types whill think no matter what he does or doesnt do...it will be the wrong thing period. just say no.
keep on hatin..that'll teach him!
I don't recall anyone saying it was Obama's doing. The economy normally goes in cycles. But keep on babbling on about the Kenyan muslim mafia. You're the only one here who keeps bringing up radicals and tries to associate them with people here.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 am

Kroman wrote:

Obama camp stated today that unemployment will probably hit 10% this year before beginning a slow decline next year.

Some of you guys are morons ... did I say it was DECLINING yet ... I said leveling off and it is. Sheesh ... Bush fucked us up and you guys expect Obama to solve 8 solid years of mess in 8 months. lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:31 am

Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Some of you guys are morons ... did I say it was DECLINING yet ... I said leveling off and it is. Sheesh ... Bush fucked us up and you guys expect Obama to solve 8 solid years of mess in 8 months. lol

Do you plan on blaming Bush until 2012? Just curious....
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:34 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:
Kroman wrote:

Do you plan on blaming Bush until 2012? Just curious....

I blame Bush for this depression so if it lasts that long then YES ... I blame Bush for one of the two wars ... I blame Bush for shredding our constituion so yes, Bush is to blame.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next