The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

healthcare town halls near their end

+3
Fighter59
Cincy Fan 44
floridafun
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

healthcare town halls near their end Empty healthcare town halls near their end

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:22 pm

"Claire McCaskill faced a tough crowd in Springfield on Monday. At times, the state's junior senator gave tough back."

i found even when she gives them actual wording and facts from the bill up in committee, they get pissed at her because it doesnt say what beck and the just say no party claim it says!! Evil or Very Mad i was interested in her facts on tort reform..and i liked her discussion about all the things they like the gov to give that are not mandated in the constitution. and those who dont have any interest or have a short attention span dont ask me which part is on how many minutes into it. you care enough to listen or you dont imho. because i care a whole lot about the issue, i watch every town hall vid i can find because i care.

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2009909010346
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

healthcare town halls near their end Empty Re: healthcare town halls near their end

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:27 pm

I think I just heard the NBC chime..."The More You Know"... Wink
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

healthcare town halls near their end Empty Re: healthcare town halls near their end

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Regardless of how these went, I'm happy for those elected officials that took the time to do them, to listen to their constituents that they are supposed to represent. It takes guts to get up in front of a large crowd to talk about a decisive issue like this.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:12 pm

this gal, new to being a senator, took heaps of ranting and yelling in august..she deserves alot of credit for keeping her schedule even on the days she could barely get a word in edge-wise..i think she hels mor town halls than anyone else.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:58 am

its just fascinating how for the last month or so..i see on net or hear on tee vee so many reports about how obama healthcare option is in meltdown..no support for it from blue dogs, dwindling support from obamas followers, no support for almost any change from the whole country, they wont even have 50 dem votes to back it, this or that financial whiz says it will break america, this or that business leader says it will destroy small business and private insurance and the world as we know it etc etc etc.

them in small print maybe a 1 or 2 minute quiet mention..another blue dog has decided to support the dem healthcare with public option..business leader reviews the presented plan and says it is doable and will not break america..an independant now supporting it..an insurance industry big wig says obama is right..an on-the-fence dem is now on the side of obamas plan. so little press and its these very people i thank for coming over to the side who supports really helping americans including public option and regulatory overhauls as part of the healthcare which will prevent the insurance and pharm industries from destroying america cheers
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:06 pm

Perhaps Obama and BriWi (NBC's Brian Williams) aren't talking to each other in bed anymore??? Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:10 pm

or perhaps drama is so much more newsworthy and fun in general pirat
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 am

So if the government an force you to purchase health insurance, what is next a GM product?
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:08 am

Fighter59 wrote:So if the government an force you to purchase health insurance, what is next a GM product?

I'm not clear on all the aspects of the plan, but I dont think there is a provision forcing you to purchase health insurance. I do know that I dont have an option but to pay for the health care of the uninsured. So, which is worse?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:57 am

Pez wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:So if the government an force you to purchase health insurance, what is next a GM product?

I'm not clear on all the aspects of the plan, but I dont think there is a provision forcing you to purchase health insurance. I do know that I dont have an option but to pay for the health care of the uninsured. So, which is worse?

That's the basis for the entire debate. Health insurance for all. Some of the uninsured, just don't want it. They are being forced to purchase a plan. The government hopes it'll be their plan. Of course, insurance companies will cherry pick those people and price the high risk people to the public plan basically bankrupting the system and forcing a single payer system which is what Obama wants.
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:59 am

Fighter59 wrote:
Pez wrote:

That's the basis for the entire debate. Health insurance for all. Some of the uninsured, just don't want it. They are being forced to purchase a plan. The government hopes it'll be their plan. Of course, insurance companies will cherry pick those people and price the high risk people to the public plan basically bankrupting the system and forcing a single payer system which is what Obama wants.

Cool, another one with clairvoyant foresight...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Fighter59 wrote:
Pez wrote:

LOL... glad to see you havent changed...

It is a fact that no one is forcing anyone to buy health insurance... Not sure where you are getting the information to the contrary. The basis of the debate is health insurance for all who apply... this though the the public option (still part of the debate), or by issuing credits to allow applicants to buy insurance from private companies and indeed using those credits to subsidize the cost of coverage for the companies that would not otherwise cover these individuals... diabetecs, pre-existing conditions, etc etc...

Bankrupting the system? Which system do you mean?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:33 pm

Pez wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:
Pez wrote:

It is a fact that no one is forcing anyone to buy health insurance... Not sure where you are getting the information to the contrary. The basis of the debate is health insurance for all who apply... this though the the public option (still part of the debate), or by issuing credits to allow applicants to buy insurance from private companies and indeed using those credits to subsidize the cost of coverage for the companies that would not otherwise cover these individuals... diabetecs, pre-existing conditions, etc etc...

Perhaps you need to watch a few more town halls. Yes they are proposing "forcing" people to buy health insurance. That specific question has been asked on more than one I have watched, and the answer was yes you must purchase health insurance.

Credits? Where does this money come from? I love how money just appears out of thin air.

Edit: The latest out of the Senate: Families who fail to get health insurance could be fined up to $3,800 under a health care reform plan proposed by a top Senate negotiator. No, they don't "have" to get insurance, they just have to pay a stiff fine if they don't.
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:12 pm

Fighter59 wrote:
Pez wrote:
Fighter59 wrote:
Pez wrote:

Perhaps you need to watch a few more town halls. Yes they are proposing "forcing" people to buy health insurance. That specific question has been asked on more than one I have watched, and the answer was yes you must purchase health insurance.

Edit: The latest out of the Senate: Families who fail to get health insurance could be fined up to $3,800 under a health care reform plan proposed by a top Senate negotiator. No, they don't "have" to get insurance, they just have to pay a stiff fine if they don't.

and who was this top senate negotiator? just curious, because its my understanding there are numerous considerations. but i have been under the impression from the start of the discussions those not financially able to pay will get some kind of assistance or cost adjustments. so say you opt not to buy health insurance and there is no penalty. then egads you have a heart attack. or you have a debilitating stroke. or you develop a seziure disorder after bumping your head on a brick wall. no treatment except what you have cash for? no treatment period? even for you it wouldnt be considered humane or ethical.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Fines proposed for going without insurance
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32733321/ns/politics-health_care_reform/

There goes that media making up stories once again. Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:54 am

so baucus is trying an offer which will not include a pub option plus it will require fines. 2 things that are no threat because neigher will pass. i suspect he is testing the waters on finding out exactly what the repub and blue dogs are willing to consider...as in bipartisanship. doesnt mean it will pass. i am betting it wont. from the article..

The latest proposal: a 10-year, $900-billion bipartisan compromise that Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., a moderate who heads the influential Finance Committee, was trying to broker. It would guarantee coverage for nearly all Americans, regardless of medical problems.

But the Baucus plan also includes the fines that Obama has rejected. In what appeared to be a sign of tension, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs pointedly noted that the administration had not received a copy of the plan before it leaked to lobbyists and news media Tuesday.

‘Time is running out ...’
The Baucus plan would require insurers to take all applicants, regardless of age or health. But smokers could be charged higher premiums. And 60-year-olds could be charged five times as much for a policy as 20-year-olds.

Baucus said Tuesday he's trying to get agreement from a small group of bipartisan negotiators in advance of Obama's speech. "Time is running out very quickly," he said. "I made that very clear to the group."

Some experts consider the $900-billion price tag a relative bargain because the country now spends about $2.5 trillion a year on health care. But it would require hefty fees on insurers, drug companies and others in the health care industry to help pay for it.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Fighter59 Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:03 am

$900 billion is a pipe dream. The insurance companies are salavating over this. They'll cherry pick the young healthy adults and send the rest to the public plan. They'll make millions.
Fighter59
Fighter59
Jedi Youngling
Jedi Youngling

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:37 am

How is the government forcing you to buy health insurance different than the government forcing you to buy car insurance?

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Pez wrote:How is the government forcing you to buy health insurance different than the government forcing you to buy car insurance?

If you don't own a car you don't have to buy car insurance. It is up to you if you want to own a car.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:34 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
Pez wrote:How is the government forcing you to buy health insurance different than the government forcing you to buy car insurance?

If you don't own a car you don't have to buy car insurance. It is up to you if you want to own a car.

So hospitals and doctors can refuse treatment for those that choose to NOT purchase insurance? Or are we going to put people in jail who do not purchase health insurance and then need treatment, just like drivers who drive without insurance?

Pls ... comparing car insurance and health insurance is like comparing apples to rocks.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:

True. And then it boils down to the argument of is Health Care a RIGHT or a PRIVELEGE?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Completely different. Car insurance is mandatory to protect other drivers. We could make it comparable to the proposed health insurance by saying everyone is required to have collision or comprehensive insurance.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Markwes wrote:
Completely different. Car insurance is mandatory to protect other drivers. We could make it comparable to the proposed health insurance by saying everyone is required to have collision or comprehensive insurance.

And a human body is incapable of carrying the Black Plague or a "killer" H1N1 Flu?

talk about damage...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Bman wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:

So hospitals and doctors can refuse treatment for those that choose to NOT purchase insurance? Or are we going to put people in jail who do not purchase health insurance and then need treatment, just like drivers who drive without insurance?

Pls ... comparing car insurance and health insurance is like comparing apples to rocks.

I was answering Pez's question. Not comparing the two.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:18 pm

sometimes things have to be explained in uncomparable ways to some folks tho santa
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next