The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

healthcare town halls near their end

+3
Fighter59
Cincy Fan 44
floridafun
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

healthcare town halls near their end - Page 3 Empty Re: healthcare town halls near their end

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:29 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:"I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits either now or in the future. Period."

From the speech:
"Reducing the waste and inefficiency in Medicare and Medicaid will pay for most of this plan."

So now all of a sudden they propose to do something about wasteful spending. Why hasn't this been done before? To think we can just wave the magic wand and poof, everything's okay, well I guess some think that.
Ha! Found it!

I detect your skeptical tone. Sounds pretty straightforward. He can't do anything until congress passes a plan that allow the administration to reduce wasteful spending. Reform is necessary for this. Not all that shocking of a statement IMO.

"skeptical"...why yes, but please don't call me a teabaggin', fear-mongering, racist. Twisted Evil

so you dont support or believe in what any of them are saying? What a Face
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

healthcare town halls near their end - Page 3 Empty Re: healthcare town halls near their end

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:32 pm

floridafun wrote:
LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:"I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits either now or in the future. Period."

From the speech:
"Reducing the waste and inefficiency in Medicare and Medicaid will pay for most of this plan."

So now all of a sudden they propose to do something about wasteful spending. Why hasn't this been done before? To think we can just wave the magic wand and poof, everything's okay, well I guess some think that.
Ha! Found it!

I detect your skeptical tone. Sounds pretty straightforward. He can't do anything until congress passes a plan that allow the administration to reduce wasteful spending. Reform is necessary for this. Not all that shocking of a statement IMO.

"skeptical"...why yes, but please don't call me a teabaggin', fear-mongering, racist. Twisted Evil

What's this 'any of them', I quoted the President. The point is not about 'support'.

Last edited by LTRT on Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:33 pm

floridafun wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Until he writes the bill himself and submits it to congress he can't guarantee anything he said last night. I would have much better faith in what he said if he was to submit a bill to congress. I was glad to see tort reform back on the table. It will probably do more to keep physicians around and health care cost under control than most things. I still believe it will cost more than what they think. The prescription plan Bush got passed exceed costs given by the CBO.

Overall not a bad speech.

glad you watched. i always listened to the speeches of a prez whether i agreed with him or not. but---the prez should write the bill and submit to congress? i think it could then be something that can easily be completely overturned by the next prez. thats why congress needs to write it and push it thru. which they--those who want progress anyway--are willing and eager to do.

It could not be over turned any easier than a bill passed by congress, so that argument doesn't hold water. Just because the bill is submitted by the president it still goes to the committees to be discussed, amended passed out of committee to the be voted on by the house or senate. Then the opposite legislative body. Then the conference committee back to both houses for a final vote, then back to the president for signature.

I will be honest I don't trust the Dem's in house for anything, nor Reid in the Senate. Not saying I don't trust all of them just the dem leadership in both houses.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:56 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:I will be honest I don't trust the Dem's in house for anything, nor Reid in the Senate. Not saying I don't trust all of them just the dem leadership in both houses.

I can see that too. Have I ever mentioned I wouldn't turn my back to her? Maybe I have a bias against botox! Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:58 pm

[quote="LTRT"][quote="floridafun"]
LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

What's this 'any of them', I quoted the President. The point is not about 'support'.

i dont recall the president saying this...""skeptical"...why yes, but please don't call me a teabaggin', fear-mongering, racist. "
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:02 pm

Scooby01_98 wrote:
floridafun wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:Until he writes the bill himself and submits it to congress he can't guarantee anything he said last night. I would have much better faith in what he said if he was to submit a bill to congress. I was glad to see tort reform back on the table. It will probably do more to keep physicians around and health care cost under control than most things. I still believe it will cost more than what they think. The prescription plan Bush got passed exceed costs given by the CBO.

glad you watched. i always listened to the speeches of a prez whether i agreed with him or not. but---the prez should write the bill and submit to congress? i think it could then be something that can easily be completely overturned by the next prez. thats why congress needs to write it and push it thru. which they--those who want progress anyway--are willing and eager to do.

It could not be over turned any easier than a bill passed by congress, so that argument doesn't hold water. Just because the bill is submitted by the president it still goes to the committees to be discussed, amended passed out of committee to the be voted on by the house or senate. Then the opposite legislative body. Then the conference committee back to both houses for a final vote, then back to the president for signature.

I will be honest I don't trust the Dem's in house for anything, nor Reid in the Senate. Not saying I don't trust all of them just the dem leadership in both houses.

which party under which prez have you trusted in the leadership of both houses? just curious.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:49 pm

[quote="floridafun"][quote="LTRT"]
floridafun wrote:
LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

i dont recall the president saying this...""skeptical"...why yes, but please don't call me a teabaggin', fear-mongering, racist. "

scratch scratch scratch

1. The Prez says it won't add to the deficit.
2. Meta stated that my reply sounded skeptical.
3. I said yes, I am skeptical of it NOT adding to the deficit.
4. Who in the world said the prez said "but please don't call me a teabaggin', fear-mongering, racist."
5. That was a pun intended for those who normally added those words into their posts.
6. Meta did not say "so you dont support or believe in what any of them are saying?" as quoted in your reply?
7. I getting too dizzy, going to stop now if that's okay.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:07 pm

floridafun wrote:
Scooby01_98 wrote:
floridafun wrote:

which party under which prez have you trusted in the leadership of both houses? just curious.

Didn't/don't like Lott, Dashle, Delay, Reid, Peloski, McConnell, wright, Foley, Durbin,

Didn't/don't mind Gingerich, Hoyer, Boehner, Hastert, Frist, Dole
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:53 pm

You just like Boehner's tan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:57 am

LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:
LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

From the speech:

Ha! Found it!

what you did say and yes in jest, was but please dont call me a teabaggin fear mongering racist. i didnt say the prez said it. when i originally asked my question you said you were quoting the prez and it was not about support. i didnt ask if the prez supports/agrees with those particular groups. i asked if you do.
do you support or believe in what any of them--teabaggers, fear mongerers, racists..and lets add birthers and deathers-- are saying?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 am

floridafun wrote:...do you support or believe in what any of them--teabaggers, fear mongerers, racists..and lets add birthers and deathers-- are saying?

By your definition of your labeled groups: NO

(end of this discussion)
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:56 am

LTRT wrote:
floridafun wrote:...do you support or believe in what any of them--teabaggers, fear mongerers, racists..and lets add birthers and deathers-- are saying?

(end of this discussion)

Since other people quote movie lines so will I ...

"I CALL BULLSHIT"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:14 am

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

(end of this discussion)

"I CALL BULLSHIT"

Then you'll be walking in it alone...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:54 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

(end of this discussion)

"I CALL BULLSHIT"

sooo the answer is..yes but he doesnt agree with my label (bman you and i are apparently the only ones in america who see them this way) and opinion they are militant tin foil hat fringies and the words i use dont define in his opinion the things he agrees with them about..
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:14 pm

dengis eb ot woh deton ti saw erehw on
2102 isolep
ahahahah

oh you are such a pansy, LOL!!!

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:59 pm

Pez wrote:dengis eb ot woh deton ti saw erehw on
2102 isolep
ahahahah

oh you are such a pansy, LOL!!!

It's about time! I suppose next time we ought to add some fine print. Very Happy

Ok, it's been 24 hours, time to change the sig. healthcare town halls near their end - Page 3 864173
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3