The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Race

+4
floridafun
LTRT
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
8 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Presidential Race - Page 10 Empty Re: Presidential Race

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:51 pm

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Obama also believes in strengthening the family by bringing better paying jobs to these folks so that mothers don't have to work two jobs or the father or both two jobs. He wants to fund more preschool education to get the kids started on the right foot hoping that if they get started right they will stay on the right track. He wants more funding for after school activities to keep kids out of the gangs. He wants to make college more affordable so more kids can go not less.

Couple these along with the programs Pez listed and we can clean our cities up and stop the blight.

"Obama also believes in strengthening the family by bringing better paying jobs to these folks so that mothers don't have to work two jobs or the father or both two jobs."

I will agree that there are many single mothers (and fathers) out there that are working 2 (or more) jobs, but what about the ones sucking up welfare?

"the father" - where are they at? Don't tell me you deny the fact that many, many of our problem children are from single parent homes with no father.

"funding for after school activities to keep kids out of the gangs" - wouldn't this require the 'kids' to be enrolled in school? What about those who quit at 16?

Deadbeat parents are a problem that is why it is so important that we give these kids the best education we possibly can, I am going to open a can of worms here but Hillary had this right, in many instances it takes a village to raise a kid. Deadbeat parents should be castrated or tubes tied but that is another argument.

Yes, see the early preschool education piece, get the kids started right they stay in school and will participate in the after school programs. I would allow drop out kids to attend after school programs too ... what is there to lose? If they hangout there some they might re-enter school and they stay off the streets. Win Win ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:58 pm

Bman wrote:Yes, see the early preschool education piece, get the kids started right they stay in school and will participate in the after school programs. I would allow drop out kids to attend after school programs too ... what is there to lose? If they hangout there some they might re-enter school and they stay off the streets. Win Win ...

Allowing them would be great if they wanted to. Most dropouts are often recruited into the gang life and so often resort to a life of crime that either gets them addicted to drugs or thrown in prison or both.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:33 pm

hillarys big speech in ny tomorrow nite. alot of spin on the news..seem fairly sure she is ending/"suspending" her campaign but nobody is real certain..so many mixed vague messages...

her staff has been informed as of wed they are no longer on the payroll. having a big talk with her $contributers tuesday.

supposedly setting up for obama to do some joint campaigning to help pay her campaign debt..he was offering to let her head his health care plan if she conceded. will it be enough to have to play by his rules---be his employee?

i say she will decide to run as an independant. can she do that at this point?
bill said this may be the last time he stumps in "this kind of campaign". mean a dem one?
she stated she wants to help obama. will she say she is in to win and offer him her vp slot?
she has said several times she was at least in it until all her supporters in mich and fla are seated..supposedly not happy with the way it was finally decided.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:49 pm

floridafun wrote:hillarys big speech in ny tomorrow nite. alot of spin on the news..seem fairly sure she is ending/"suspending" her campaign but nobody is real certain..so many mixed vague messages...

her staff has been informed as of wed they are no longer on the payroll. having a big talk with her $contributers tuesday.

supposedly setting up for obama to do some joint campaigning to help pay her campaign debt..he was offering to let her head his health care plan if she conceded. will it be enough to have to play by his rules---be his employee?

i say she will decide to run as an independant. can she do that at this point?
bill said this may be the last time he stumps in "this kind of campaign". mean a dem one?
she stated she wants to help obama. will she say she is in to win and offer him her vp slot?
she has said several times she was at least in it until all her supporters in mich and fla are seated..supposedly not happy with the way it was finally decided.

I don't see a third party run for Hillary, one her husband was a two term democratic President with a legacy to worry about too. Secondly, third party candidates don't win, that would put two consecutives losses tagged on her and she has to keep the door open for 2012 if Obama loses in November.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:00 am

maybe i am worried about crossing a bridge that isnt there after all ;-)
i really hope she will finally be graceful and positive and see the real reasons why obama is the preferred choice. work with him and quit the victim and attack mode stuff.
but she has often said mccain was a more viable option than obama..that her and mccain are the only ones who could possibly get voted into the office. i suspect she is negotiating for a vp slot with obama..that will be her idea of helping him..and she will damned sure do her best to be a vp of the cheney model, which i dont think obama will be allowing.

she believes she has the popular vote because she isnt counting the caucus-only states in which obama beat her by huge margins mostly. she has set the stage for fighting back on the mich and fla votes by saying often on the trail that she wont quit running until they are all counted AS THEY VOTED--regardless of the fact she agreed at the start their votes wouldnt count.

she and mr bill keep referring heavily to polls that say she has a big margin beating mccain abd that obama doesnt come close. they never name which polls. i imagine there are a few that say so..but how many in comparison to the ones showing obama way ahead of her on beating mccain?

i think she and mr bill would be glad to go down in history as her being the contender who supposedly has the balls to go independent and win rather than settle for what they see as unacceptable dem party tactics.....mich vote settlement, delegates pressured to support obama (altho billary have been constant on the high delegate pressure too--thats different in their minds because it is really all about them), her whine about sexism bias by the media--which as a rather aware pro-womens rights person i have not seen, her insistance she has had more votes than any candidate in history..she doesnt mention she has also been voted against more than anyone in history, some of her big financial supporters have said if mich and fla werent counted as voted they will not support the dnc but will instead support hillary.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:09 pm

BREAKING NEWS:Officials say Clinton will concede delegate race to Obama (AP)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton;_ylt=AnnN.CGciM2Rfe1B76yyOa1h24cA

I'll believe it when I see it.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:45 pm

What a media circus...

Clinton campaign co-chair denies report she will concede race
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html
Clinton said she was "absolutely" not prepared to admit Obama has beaten her in the race, according to clown Terry McAuliffe clown , her campaign chairman.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:12 pm

LTRT wrote:What a media circus...

Clinton campaign co-chair denies report she will concede race
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/index.html
Clinton said she was "absolutely" not prepared to admit Obama has beaten her in the race, according to clown Terry McAuliffe clown , her campaign chairman.

LOL ... I know. Now they are reporting that she is going to state that Obama has the necessary delegates but she is NOT conceding. Fine Hillary, go ahead and try to Cherry pick 200 super delegates. LOL
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:35 pm

"He has the numbers that I can't mathematically overcome.. but I'm not quiting yet!"

I'm surprised she hasn't sent out a letter like Kelty asking people to donate to her fund to help pay off debt. Anyone see that she stiffed Indiana University for a $50K bill?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:20 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:"He has the numbers that I can't mathematically overcome.. but I'm not quiting yet!"

I'm surprised she hasn't sent out a letter like Kelty asking people to donate to her fund to help pay off debt. Anyone see that she stiffed Indiana University for a $50K bill?

I all atwitter with anticipation... I'm afriad we wont know anything until tomorrow AM, and even then we may only know what we know today, that Hillary isnt quitting. I'm guessing as the SD's line up behind obama as the media suggest they will, Hillary will bow out. I dont think anyone can say anymore that she will be able to bow out gracefully.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:23 pm

pez wrote:I all atwitter with anticipation...
Pez, not trying to pick, just trying to decipher what you meant there. Help?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Superdelegates surge to Obama
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0608/10792.html

Clinton to concede delegate race when Obama clinches
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton

By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press Writer
1 minute ago
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede Tuesday night that Barack Obama has the delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, campaign officials said, effectively ending her bid to be the nation's first female president.

Strike up the band the fat lady Hill has sung.

AP tally: Obama effectively clinches nomination

Jun 3 01:26 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - Barack Obama has effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination, based on an Associated Press tally of convention delegates.
The tally put Obama over the top Tuesday, ahead of the results from the day's final primaries in Montana and South Dakota. The Illinois senator becomes the first black candidate ever to lead his party into a fall campaign for the White House. Obama outlasted former first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton in a historic contest and now faces Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona for the presidency.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:49 pm

Congratulations to Barack Hussein Obama! LTRT, you ever thought about being Hillary's press secretary?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Congratulations to Barack Hussein Obama! LTRT, you ever thought about being Hillary's press secretary?

LOL...slow on the board and slow at work. Laughing

Give us some more jokes.....on second thought...
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:45 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

atwitter: Being in a state of nervous excitement; twittering: a crowd atwitter with expectation.

I meant to suggest that I am excited that we can see the end of the Primary... no deep existentialism or anything...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:48 pm

pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

atwitter: Being in a state of nervous excitement; twittering: a crowd atwitter with expectation.

I meant to suggest that I am excited that we can see the end of the Primary... no deep existentialism or anything...
Thanks for clearing that up. scratch And I'm glad to know that Mary had a little lamb. Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
pez wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up. scratch And I'm glad to know that Mary had a little lamb. Laughing

What's the matter matter Cincy, don't they have dictionaries in Ohio? Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:56 pm

If anyone ever used the word 'atwitter' in front of me I'd probably laugh and then throw something at them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Congratulations to Barack Hussein Obama! LTRT, you ever thought about being Hillary's press secretary?

I was wondering if Bman was buying a round tonight. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:14 pm

LTRT wrote:What's the matter matter Cincy, don't they have dictionaries in Ohio? Razz
Yeah, but I didn't think Mr. Webster and Mr. Thorndike had 'atwitter' in there. Never heard the term before in a sentence...kind of like how michigan students lately have never heard the term 'victory' when describing their latest game against THE OSU in a sentence. Razz Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:24 pm

LTRT wrote:

I will be at La Margarita tonight for the Allen County 4 Obama Victory celebration. If any of you show up and come up and give me the board password I will share my pitcher of golden margaritas with you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:27 pm

What's the board password? Deerjumping?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:28 pm

eeek, had to post something else to get my number of posts off of '666' Twisted Evil
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:29 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

I will be at La Margarita tonight for the Allen County 4 Obama Victory celebration. If any of you show up and come up and give me the board password I will share my pitcher of golden margaritas with you.

Oooh, I don't know about that, seems to me I recall you making reference in another thread about something golden. Something tells me we ought to pass. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:45 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

What time are you going to be there?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next