The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Race

+4
floridafun
LTRT
Markwes
Cincy Fan 44
8 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Presidential Race - Page 3 Empty Re: Presidential Race

Post  LTRT Mon May 12, 2008 9:30 am

Mort wrote:They have nothing on Obama. Its a beautiful thing isn't it?

Kinda like his record...nothing Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Mon May 12, 2008 9:37 am

right starting out fresh.......no bullshit
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 12, 2008 9:54 am

Mort wrote:right starting out fresh.......no bullshit
Yeah, I could run for president and you could say the same thing. Doesn't mean I would make a good president.

You guys seem to get pretty defensive over my link showing Obama saying he has been to 57 states. It's a joke? What exactly is the joke? Just give me an explanation of what the humor here is instead of "are you going to vote for MCBush?" or the "Where is fox playing that quote of McCain saying "you could make a case that people are better off today economically than they were 8 years ago"". Can you not defend Obama without bringing up McCain? I would have believed the joke theory if he would have chuckled afterward or said "just kidding".

For the record, I have not decided who I'm voting for yet. Could be Obama. But if your only defense of what looks like a slip up is "the right wing has nothing on him", then I'm not convinced.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 10:25 am

Markwes wrote:
Mort wrote:right starting out fresh.......no bullshit
Yeah, I could run for president and you could say the same thing. Doesn't mean I would make a good president.

You guys seem to get pretty defensive over my link showing Obama saying he has been to 57 states. It's a joke? What exactly is the joke? Just give me an explanation of what the humor here is instead of "are you going to vote for MCBush?" or the "Where is fox playing that quote of McCain saying "you could make a case that people are better off today economically than they were 8 years ago"". Can you not defend Obama without bringing up McCain? I would have believed the joke theory if he would have chuckled afterward or said "just kidding".

For the record, I have not decided who I'm voting for yet. Could be Obama. But if your only defense of what looks like a slip up is "the right wing has nothing on him", then I'm not convinced.

Ok ok ok ... I get where you are coming from Mark. Obama is the unpatriotic, non-christian, muslim terrorist in this race so he must not know that there are 50 states in the union, Harvard must not have taught him that, or maybe his muslim jihad elementary school in hawaii or jakarta brainwashed him. He was cracking a joke about how much traveling he has done over the last 15 months ... or as Hillary would say "fatigue" got to him. I would rather have Obama commenting about the 57 states than John McSame saying that a case could be made that most americans are better off today than they were 8 years ago. Get use to hearing that phrase, it is going to be on repeat over the next 6 months. McCain is going to have to answer that question if he wants my vote. If you say you have not decided then I can say I have not decided. lol.

I also read where a McCain staffer made the comment over the weekend that the McCain campaign would like to have the two nominees travel across the country together between now and election day and have JOINT Town Hall meetings taking turns answering the publics questions. The Obama camp readily accepted that invite and now the McCain camp says "they want to wait and see who the democratic nominee is". McCain is toast this fall.

"Yes, I think a case could be made that they average american is better off today than they were 8 years ago!" - John McCain.
"Yes, I think a case could be made that they average american is better off today than they were 8 years ago!" - John McCain.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am

Bman wrote:Ok ok ok ... I get where you are coming from Mark. Obama is the unpatriotic, non-christian, muslim terrorist in this race so he must not know that there are 50 states in the union, Harvard must not have taught him that, or maybe his muslim jihad elementary school in hawaii or jakarta brainwashed him.
Your words there Bman, not mine. You have no clue where I'm coming from.

We have had several board members here state that they are better off than they were 8 years ago. That's just sad if that's the best quote you can come with to show McCain's alleged lack of intelligence.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 10:43 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:Ok ok ok ... I get where you are coming from Mark. Obama is the unpatriotic, non-christian, muslim terrorist in this race so he must not know that there are 50 states in the union, Harvard must not have taught him that, or maybe his muslim jihad elementary school in hawaii or jakarta brainwashed him.
Your words there Bman, not mine. You have no clue where I'm coming from.

We have had several board members here state that they are better off than they were 8 years ago. That's just sad if that's the best quote you can come with to show McCain's alleged lack of intelligence.

Mark, 80% of Americans say they are worse off than they were 8 years. I am glad McSame is making his election theme that things are better off today than they were 8 years ago and to vote for him to keep things the same.

This clip as well as his "we might be in Iraq for 100 years" will be playing over and over too with pictures of bombs blowing up in Iraq ... This shit is going to be on repeat between now and the first of November and America will get to decide if they want 8 more years of Bush.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 am

Bman wrote:Mark, 80% of Americans say they are worse off than they were 8 years.

And where's the data to support your claim here? Is that the poll where they asked a random 1000 people in a blue state or did you get your info from one of the campaign staffers? Rolling Eyes
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Mon May 12, 2008 10:57 am

LTRT wrote:
Bman wrote:Mark, 80% of Americans say they are worse off than they were 8 years.

And where's the data to support your claim here? Is that the poll where they asked a random 1000 people in a blue state or did you get your info from one of the campaign staffers? Rolling Eyes

He asked 10 people entering the Obama headquarters last week, 8 of them said they were worse off, the other two were barred from entering. sunny
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 10:59 am

LTRT wrote:

Sorry LTRT the % is 77%.
http://www.pollingreport.com/right.htm

Make this your campaign issue ... if you don't we will for you!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 11:00 am

Oh wait, I admitted error too fast ... this one says 81%.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/04/us/04poll.html?nl=pol&emc=pola1
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Mon May 12, 2008 11:06 am

Bman wrote:Oh wait, I admitted error too fast ... this one says 81%.

NY Times, CBS and CNN...real top notch credible sources there Laughing
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 11:10 am

LTRT wrote:

One was Bloomberg ... go find me a poll that shows Americans think we ARE on the right track. LOL Go find one!

You asked for documentation and I gave you documentation. Stuff that in your Rush Limbaugh pipe and smoke it!

Folks, I am not trying to fight with you here ... by all means if you think America is better off today than we were 8 years ago then vote for McSame. I won't convince you differently if you have this mind set. I was just saying that most Americans agree this country has gotten FUCKED up over the past 8 years. Thank you neo-Cons!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 12, 2008 11:13 am

Bman, there is a big difference in the average American thinking they are better off than they were 8 years ago and this poll where 81% believe "things have pretty seriously gotten off on the wrong track" for our country, which who knows what that means. But whatever. As much as you paint me as a big McCain supporter, I really have not made up my mind yet. I didn't vote for him in the primary even though it was already decided. There are 4 or 5 republicans that I would rather have seen on the ticket. There is a lot of time until November. If Obama comes up with a good reason to vote for him, then I will. As for now, I remain "undecided".
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 12, 2008 11:20 am

Bman wrote:Folks, I am not trying to fight with you here ... by all means if you think America is better off today than we were 8 years ago then vote for McSame. I won't convince you differently if you have this mind set. I was just saying that most Americans agree this country has gotten FUCKED up over the past 8 years. Thank you neo-Cons!
Yes, and if we were at the high end of the cyclical economy, something which the president has almost no control over, then most Americans would be happy with the country's direction. The average American has no clue how the economy works. It's similar to the sports world, where if the players aren't playing worth a crap, the coach/manager gets the axe. If this 8 years argument is all you have to support Obama, then that's too bad.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 11:31 am

No, most americans would think it was sad if your only case for McCain was more of the same. lol 80% believe this country is on the track i.e. we are worse off today than 8 years ago. I think that is a strong reason to vote against McSame. The failed policies of the past have to be looked at differently today.

Markwes ... if 4-5 other republicans would have been better for you than McCain then there is no way in hell you would ever vote for Obama. Obviously you are concerned that just maybe McCain is not conservative enough for you, therefore you liked Huckebee, Thompson, Romney etc ... so you saying you are undecided is a bunch of bull shit.

I finish with ... 80% of americans think this country is fucked up ... time for a change! Glad Obama is the change candidate this election cycle. I smell blood in the water and it reeks of neo-con blood!

Last edited by Bman on Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 12, 2008 11:37 am

Bman wrote:Markwes ... if 4-5 other republicans would have been better for you than McCain then there is no way in hell you would ever vote for Obama. Obviously you are concerned that just maybe McCain is not conservative enough for you, therefore you liked Huckebee, Thompson, Romney etc ... so you saying you are undecided is a bunch of bull shit.
Huh? Bman, obviously you forgot your medicine this morning so I'll cease from any further arguing. Shocked
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 11:42 am

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:Markwes ... if 4-5 other republicans would have been better for you than McCain then there is no way in hell you would ever vote for Obama. Obviously you are concerned that just maybe McCain is not conservative enough for you, therefore you liked Huckebee, Thompson, Romney etc ... so you saying you are undecided is a bunch of bull shit.
Huh? Bman, obviously you forgot your medicine this morning so I'll cease from any further arguing. Shocked

Oh ... if any of the other 4-5 were better in your mind than McCain then the only logical conclusion one can draw is that McCain is not conservative enough for you. The right wing was always leerie of McCain ... Limbaugh had a hissy fit about him until he cinched the nomination now Rush is cozy with him.

Hey, I was the one who said I was taking a break from politics after May 6th. so you can't .. that is my line. I need a respite from this ... at least November it won't matter here in Indiana because the bitter rednecks cling to their guns and religion here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon May 12, 2008 12:09 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

Oh ... if any of the other 4-5 were better in your mind than McCain then the only logical conclusion one can draw is that McCain is not conservative enough for you. The right wing was always leerie of McCain ... Limbaugh had a hissy fit about him until he cinched the nomination now Rush is cozy with him.

Hey, I was the one who said I was taking a break from politics after May 6th. so you can't .. that is my line. I need a respite from this ... at least November it won't matter here in Indiana because the bitter rednecks cling to their guns and religion here.
So you don't like him because he's a Bush clone, in other words too conservative. And you come to the conclusion that the reason I don't like him is because he's not conservative enough. So which is it? Too conservative or not enough? No, I have reasons why I am not completely enamored with McCain that have nothing to do with conservativeness. I would have selected Guiliani (sp?) over him, hardly someone considered more conservative. Like I said, it's a long time until November and a lot can happen.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 2:14 pm

the stock market is roughly 6 months ahead of the American consumer typically, I'd look for things to get a little worse in the next couple months, then pick up by the 3rd quarter.. at least that's going by the DOW which is getting back up to the 13,000 mark again (I think it was over it last week)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 4:07 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:the stock market is roughly 6 months ahead of the American consumer typically, I'd look for things to get a little worse in the next couple months, then pick up by the 3rd quarter.. at least that's going by the DOW which is getting back up to the 13,000 mark again (I think it was over it last week)

briefly... I think the DOW's hold on 12,700 is tenuous... I saw that as a psychological ceiling for 6-8 weeks, then it finally broke that, then broke 13,000, then went back but not below 12,700... There's still ridiculously low volumes. Anytime the volume spikes back to the norm (not the avg, which is now very low), the market tanks...

There's a ton of money on the sidelines now, the market is a complete enigma... I would not be surprised at 400 point swings either way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 6:33 pm

i agree that a lot of people are still holding out... what i find interesting though is that we are getting bad news all over from companies missing earnings or profits but it's not tanking the economy like GE did just a month ago. It feels like traders are getting their feet back and taking things in stride.

I was happy to see the dollar get strong today and lower oil though. Even if it was at the expense of my Nordic American Tanker stock.. I'll take a strong dollar anyday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 12, 2008 8:46 pm

Most American's don't attribute their day to day feelings about this economy and right direction/wrong direction on how the stock market is doing. For most people the stock market performance really does not pay the prescription bills, rent and groceries. I understand that is stock prices rise that business might be tempted to hire more but recently I would not say that was true, most businesses pocket this increase for their shareholders and pass it through to them or as executive bonuses.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Tue May 13, 2008 12:25 pm

Bman wrote:
LTRT wrote:

One was Bloomberg ... go find me a poll that shows Americans think we ARE on the right track. LOL Go find one!

You asked for documentation and I gave you documentation. Stuff that in your Rush Limbaugh pipe and smoke it!

Folks, I am not trying to fight with you here ... by all means if you think America is better off today than we were 8 years ago then vote for McSame. I won't convince you differently if you have this mind set. I was just saying that most Americans agree this country has gotten FUCKED up over the past 8 years. Thank you neo-Cons!

Quick Vote
Are you happier now than you were earlier in your life?
Yes 53% 67238
No 47% 60550
Total Votes: 127788 Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 am

I think the election will be a landslide for Obama there isn't anyone else to vote for

Some will vote for Mcsame anyways just to spite the libs which they can't stand

The conservatives have been running things too long that's obvious look at the present state of affairs its a real joke

Bush and his Dad and the ones before them are wealthy from it all and now its time to CHANGE it to better ways
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2008 9:35 am

Bman wrote:Most American's don't attribute their day to day feelings about this economy and right direction/wrong direction on how the stock market is doing. For most people the stock market performance really does not pay the prescription bills, rent and groceries. I understand that is stock prices rise that business might be tempted to hire more but recently I would not say that was true, most businesses pocket this increase for their shareholders and pass it through to them or as executive bonuses.

I wasn't implying that the market shows how people feel about their financial situation.. I was saying it's an indicator. The market is rising now, so in the fall, we should see consumer spending rise. But between now and then it'll probably go down.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next