The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American Idol

+6
Shouldbeworking
Scooby01_98
DoeShouldGo
Canuck
LTRT
Aggie Transplant
10 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

American Idol - Page 5 Empty Re: American Idol

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 12:17 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:David Cook wins hands down. Don't need to watch the rest of the season.
You willin' to lay $$$ down on that Bman?

YES ... lunch at Chipotles!
Deal! Just keep it under $10 fat man (if you even 'win' 'cause I'm cheap like that)...so just so we're clear...David Cook wins American Idol, I owe you lunch. Anybody else wins, you owe me.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:David Cook wins hands down. Don't need to watch the rest of the season.

Deal! Just keep it under $10 fat man (if you even 'win' 'cause I'm cheap like that)...so just so we're clear...David Cook wins American Idol, I owe you lunch. Anybody else wins, you owe me.

FAT MAN ... I prefer BHM (Big Handom Man).

Cook wins hands down. You are hanging your hopes on Archuleta! I think I am opting for a Steak Burrito again ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 12:38 pm

No, I think I'm hanging my hopes on all the teeny-bopper girls (who have cell phones and call and text) with a crush on Archuletta.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 1:16 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

HEY ... the more I think about your comment, all I said was that David Cook wins hands down, and you respond Mr. Cincy wondering if I wanted to lay some George on the table and I simply took you up on your gauntlet. And then by me accepting your challenge I get called a FAT MAN and required to keep my lunch under $10 ...

I am willing to put more skin on this one ... David Cook wins, period.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

HEY ... the more I think about your comment, all I said was that David Cook wins hands down, and you respond Mr. Cincy wondering if I wanted to lay some George on the table and I simply took you up on your gauntlet. And then by me accepting your challenge I get called a FAT MAN and required to keep my lunch under $10 ...

I am willing to put more skin on this one ... David Cook wins, period.
So are you re-nigging (sp) on our bet Bman? 'Cause you know what that makes you if you are... Laughing
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 1:44 pm

Where am I backing out on our bet, I said I would put more skin on it than $10 ... sounds like you are the one trying clinton-ize yourself out of this bet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Bman wrote:Where am I backing out on our bet, I said I would put more skin on it than $10 ... sounds like you are the one trying clinton-ize yourself out of this bet.
Just wanted to make sure you weren't trying to get out of it. I've got 3 horses in this race. You've got one. I like my odds. Cool
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 3:48 pm

You have Castro and Syesha, I would not say you have three to my one. I have David Cook, you have David Archuletta.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 01, 2008 3:50 pm

Bman wrote:You have Castro and Syesha, I would not say you have three to my one. I have David Cook, you have David Archuletta.

You better hope the final song they have to sing is an Elton John type song that Archuletta can sit behind that piano and sing, if you put both of them on the stage with a song that Cook can rock too you are in deep doo doo! I want that steak burrito with the black beans, rice, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, and a combo of hot and medium sauce. TYVM
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu May 01, 2008 3:53 pm

Bman wrote:You have Castro and Syesha, I would not say you have three to my one. I have David Cook, you have David Archuletta.
Who learneded you math? I've got Castro, Syesha, and Archuletta. That's 3. You? You have Cook. ONE. 3 to 1 buddy boy. Granted though, I think it will come down to David vs. David, so if you want to jump ahead that far, then yeah, 1 to 1. But you never know. All the dread-locked hippies out there might suddenly put Castro in the finale. Stay tuned...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

American Idol - Page 5 Empty Missed Idol last night 5/6

Post  Guest Wed May 07, 2008 10:26 am

Ok ... missed Idol last night. I heard Jason Castro completely massacred a song.

What was the theme, I know Castro sang a Marley song ... I don't like the song they said he song but I groove Marley! "Everythings gonna be alright".

Aggie and Cincy ... give me the update!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed May 07, 2008 10:31 am

Apparently, A&M alum (as far as you can get from dread-locked hippies, trust me) are backing Castro to at least make it to the final 3 -- see the excerpt below from the alumni e-mail I received. If Castro does make the final 3, a segment of Idol will be filmed in Aggieland.

I thought Jason was absolutely awful last night, and most definitely chemically enhanced. And Paula was actually lucid!!! However, if he's not voted off, it's gotta be Syesha even though she was pretty decent last night.

Texas A&M student Jason Castro '09, a landscape architecture major from Rockwall, has made it to the final four on the Fox television talent show American Idol. If he receives enough votes tonight to advance to the final three, Jason will come home to Texas A&M to film a segment for the American Idol show, bringing a glimpse of Aggieland to tens of millions of American Idol viewers around the world. But for that to happen, the Aggie Network must join together to vote Jason through to the next round.

Something special happens when the Aggie family unites in support of a fellow Ag—bonds are strengthened, memories are made, and the Aggie story gains another layer. This is where you come in as a former student. Tonight at 7 p.m. Central time, take a moment to watch Jason perform live on American Idol on your local Fox station, then follow the instructions for voting Jason through to the next round. Voting is straightforward: a simple phone call or text message to the number on the screen.

For more information:

Maroon Out planned for Jason Castro

Vote Jason Home podcast (iTunes software required)

American Idol homepage

"An American Idol Journey" from The Bryan-College Station Eagle

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1124

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed May 07, 2008 10:32 am

Bman wrote:Ok ... missed Idol last night. I heard Jason Castro completely massacred a song.

What was the theme, I know Castro sang a Marley song ... I don't like the song they said he song but I groove Marley! "Everythings gonna be alright".

Aggie and Cincy ... give me the update!

Theme was Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 07, 2008 12:03 pm

Bye bye, hippy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Fleek wrote:Bye bye, hippy.

Fleek ... just saw your tag line for the event at the Brass Rail. An $8 cover at the Brass Rail ... wow! I always kind of thought the Brass Rail would have to pay me to go in there? lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 07, 2008 2:42 pm

Bman wrote:
Fleek wrote:Bye bye, hippy.

Fleek ... just saw your tag line for the event at the Brass Rail. An $8 cover at the Brass Rail ... wow! I always kind of thought the Brass Rail would have to pay me to go in there? lol

The band that's playing is a relatively well-known band. The place will be packed.

And it's $5 if you go to the showing of "Seven Signs" at CinemaTech beforehand (or wear HBE gear, which none of you own).
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed May 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Well, Jason going home was the right result, although I'm sad they won't be featuring A&M now.........

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed May 07, 2008 11:24 pm

Aggie Transplant wrote:Well, Jason going home was the right result, although I'm sad they won't be featuring A&M now.........
Definitely got that one right tonight. I watched last night's episode on the DVR before the results show, and he really sucked. I almost expected David Cook to be in the bottom 2 this week. Oh well...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed May 14, 2008 10:20 am

Who goes home tonight Aggie & Bman? I think the 2 Davids will be back next week. As much improved as I think Syesha is, last night just wasn't her night. I did like her rendition of "Fever" as did my 2 year old son. But what do we know?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Aggie Transplant Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 am

Common sense has Syesha going home. But I never thought she'd make it this far, and maybe she has a stronger fan base than I thought. So, I'm going out a limb and saying Archie baby is going home. If not him, definitely Syesha. Heck, it's probably Syesha anyway considering the other two have never been in the bottom two or three. I'm going with the wild card and saying the finals will be Syesha and Cook.

I realize the last paragraph is a major flip-flop; maybe I should run for office! Very Happy

Hate to say it, but I thought Syesha's rendition of "Fever" was very flat. I also thought the songs the producers chose were uniformly awful.

Aggie Transplant
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 14, 2008 10:46 am

I caught what's his nuts singing "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and thought it was ridiculously bad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed May 14, 2008 10:47 am

Fleek wrote:I caught what's his nuts singing "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and thought it was ridiculously bad.
David Cook...and I agree with you. I've heard a lot better rendition of that song.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed May 14, 2008 11:22 am

40% Believe Cook Should Be Crowned the Next American Idol
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/entertainment/40_believe_cook_should_be_crowned_the_next_american_idol

OK, there's my contribution to the Idol thread, thank you very much.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed May 14, 2008 11:28 am

LTRT wrote:40% Believe Cook Should Be Crowned the Next American Idol
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/entertainment/40_believe_cook_should_be_crowned_the_next_american_idol

Are you at least watching it?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed May 14, 2008 11:38 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
LTRT wrote:40% Believe Cook Should Be Crowned the Next American Idol

Are you at least watching it?

Only if I happen to flip past the channel. Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content