The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike to Work

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Bike to Work - Page 2 Empty Re: Bike to Work

Post  Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 am

Okay, so I finally gave it a try. I enjoyed it, but there were sections that felt pretty dangerous. I think I might have to refine my route a little bit, but overall, not a bad trip.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:18 pm

LTRT wrote:
IrishGuy wrote:I'm sure everyone is aware of the Oprah's Big Give thingy here in the Fort which all of that money is going toward new trails.

Yes, we all heard about this, but wasn't the Big Give money appointed to the Aboite area. Neutral

Yes... and since the city annexed FW that would make most of Aboite inside the city limits.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:19 pm

I'm going to start riding my bike on wednesdays.. but that's because I go to a clients who lives in the addition next to mine, and I was going to anyway in an effort to get in shape. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:06 am

you'll need more then one ride Card Smile

I'm about 2 miles to Verizon but getting there could be taking my life in others hands

Markwes your so right about riding a bike in this town
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:42 am

SavoyTruffle wrote:Okay, so I finally gave it a try. I enjoyed it, but there were sections that felt pretty dangerous. I think I might have to refine my route a little bit, but overall, not a bad trip.

WTFG.... how long did it take?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:28 am

It was about half an hour or so getting to work, but I think I can cut that time down. A lot of the time I was trying to figure out if there were any "shortcuts" that I wasn't able to see when driving the route. It took about another half an hour getting back, but that might be harder to cut down. I left at just a little past 7, so I would miss the heavy going-to-work traffic; but I left a little after 5, so I was forced to endure some pretty busy roads on the way back.

But where I'm at, it's absolutely not bike friendly. I ended up deciding to walk the bike off the road at certain times just because it seemed particularly dangerous to try to continue biking.

I'm definitely going to give it another try, but I decided not to today due to possible rain. But there was definitely a lot of satisfaction in snubbing my car for a day. Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:40 am

cardinal5150 wrote:I'm going to start riding my bike on wednesdays.. but that's because I go to a clients who lives in the addition next to mine, and I was going to anyway in an effort to get in shape. Smile

Hey, both location and getting in shape are a great reason to do it. I got some grief for biking to work when the drive is so short anyway, but to me that's why it makes sense. If I'm in a parking lot at a strip mall (shopping - ugh, one of those stores had BETTER be Best Buy) and I want to go to another store in the same strip, I think it would make more sense to walk than drive despite the fact the drive would be incredibly short. If I went to work further away, the learning curve for doing this might have been too steep and kept me from doing it altogether.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:50 am

Mort wrote:you'll need more then one ride Card Smile

I'm about 2 miles to Verizon but getting there could be taking my life in others hands

Markwes your so right about riding a bike in this town

hey now.. i said it was in "effort" to get in shape.... right now I'm starting to get annoyed, I can't seem to break the 200lbs barrier.. I've been sitting at 200.5 for the past 2 weeks.. of course.. last weeks vacation didn't help any...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:57 pm

me too I can't get past 180

need to get on the 170 bandwagon and I have to starve myself to do it Sad
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400