The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent.

+3
Cincy Fan 44
Markwes
Canuck
7 posters

Go down

Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent. Empty Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent.

Post  Canuck Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:35 pm

You need to buy some lattes Bman. Starbucks is losing money.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081110/business/starbucks_2

NEW YORK - Fewer U.S. customers and venti-sized costs for closing poorly performing stores led to lower sales and profit in the fourth quarter at Starbucks Corp., the company said Monday.

Seattle-based Starbucks said profit fell 97 per cent to US$5.4 million, or a penny a share, from $158.5 million, or 21 cents per share, a year earlier. The coffee retailer earned 10 cents per share when the costs from closing about 600 stores in the U.S. and 61 locations in Australia are excluded.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent. Empty Re: Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent.

Post  Markwes Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:42 pm

It won't be long until they are asking the government for money.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent. Empty Re: Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent.

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:03 pm

Maybe people are getting smart that their burnt $5 coffee isn't any better than Folgers'.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Jugomugo wrote:Maybe people are getting smart that their burnt $5 coffee isn't any better than Folgers'.

That's exactly the secret to their prior success.
Dark roasting, so even poor quality beans wouldn't be recognized.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:22 pm

I've never stepped one foot into a Starbucks (or any coffee house for that matter). I've never really liked it, or tea. I'm just a plain milk-water-diet pop-occassional beer person.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:00 pm

Fuggin whiners.

Its not burnt. You would know burnt if you tasted it.

I suppose you hate dark beers because it burnt too?

I like Starbucks flavor and I buy it for home use.

Meh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:08 pm

Oliver's Army wrote:Fuggin whiners.

Meh.

Dark roasting beans doesn't ruin or mask the flavor. Over-roasting is easily tasted. Roasting beans prepares the bean for grinding and for releasing it's oil in the presence of hot water.

But $5 for a cup of coffee should fall into the category of sodomy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:16 pm

That's why I buy it in bags at the grocery and grind it at home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:06 pm

meta4 wrote:But $5 for a cup of coffee should fall into the category of sodomy.

Ding, ding, ding...

That's why all they get from me is small cup house blend, $1.78 Very Happy
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:07 am

Meh.

Best coffee I've ever had was at an organic coffee house in Madison, Wi that uses nothing but french presses and makes their coffee french style: strong as hell.

Starbucks is just overpriced crap.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:00 am

I like fully leaded, black coffee.... but once in awhile I like a mocha raspberry or choco mint coffee... I can get one at the gas station for $.99, screw StarSucks and their $6 BS.
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:24 am

Hey now, you folks are all pissin' me off here. lol I like Starbucks, Expresso, Higher Grounds, Indulge etc ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:08 am

meta4 wrote:
Meh.

Dark roasting beans doesn't ruin or mask the flavor. Over-roasting is easily tasted. Roasting beans prepares the bean for grinding and for releasing it's oil in the presence of hot water.

That's why

But $5 for a cup of coffee should fall into the category of sodomy.

I prefer a darker roast coffee myself. There is one called India Monsoon that I really like.
In lighter roasted coffee the caffeine content is higher.
Once coffee is roasted it becomes a perishable commodity.

If you want more information about coffee check this site out.

www.freshcoffeenetwork.com
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:57 am

Sure the sweet Starbucks is good even if you only get one pump of the stuff but way too much money for coffee Starbucks Fourth Quarter Profits down 97 percent. 565479
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 pm

iberlingirl wrote:I like fully leaded, black coffee.... but once in awhile I like a mocha raspberry or choco mint coffee... I can get one at the gas station for $.99, screw StarSucks and their $6 BS.

Apples and oranges, dear.

The gas station stuff is glorified Nestle's Quick and NOT what you would get from any shop.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:30 pm

i prefer dark roast coffee and i agree with if its burned it had nothing to do with if its dark roast or not!

i will get a fancy schmancy sugared and caloried up coffie a few times a year at barnes and noble..thats enough for me.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down