The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbucks Closing stores

+6
IrishGuy
Shopaholic
Markwes
Scooby01_98
Canuck
LTRT
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Starbucks Closing stores - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Closing stores

Post  floridafun Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:57 am

starbucks actual coffee isnt that expensive. its when you want the sweetened flavored frothy basic juck-food version stuff it gets expensive. i wont miss them, go occasionally but not often.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  iberlingirl Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:30 am

Mort wrote:
iberlingirl wrote:Not a fan of Starbucks for 2 reasons:

1) $5+ for one coffee is Freaking Joke, when a whole can is only $6.
2) Ever since they charged the fireman/police at Ground Zero for water on 9/11, I have refused to give them a dime!!

Greedy Bastards deserve to close!

Are you serious they charged for water there confused confused Question Question Question

Holy shit batman afro
They sure did!!!
Starbucks Charged Rescue Workers at the World Trade Center Collapse for Bottled Water-Truth!
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/starbucks.htm
iberlingirl
iberlingirl
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Female
Number of posts : 1185

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:22 pm

Yes it was unfortunate. Eventually the 'Company' made it right and reimbursed the ambulance company and issued an apology. I don't think that the decision of a kid behind the counter made, on a very stressful day, demonstrates a company philosophy. I'm not a Starbuck fan and rarely use them but from most accounts they are a pretty responsible company philanthropically speaking. Until something happens, we don't necessarily have a policy to address it; I would imagine that employees now know that in times of catastrophe, they are allowed to give away product.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:10 am

Starbucks is not such a wonderful company as their promotional material states.

http://www.oxfam.ca/news-and-publications/pressroom/press-releases/oxfam-calls-on-starbucks-to-stop-bullying-the-poor/?searchterm=starbucks

Less than 1% of Starbucks coffee purchases are Fairtrade.

That's not to say all other coffee purchasers are buying Fairtrade either.

Starbucks later agreed to negotiate/sign the agreement with the Ethiopian government about the issue.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6619307.stm

There are a couple of documentaries about the coffee industry.

1. Black Coffee ( http://www.blackcoffeemovie.com/home.html )
2. Black Gold ( http://www.blackgoldmovie.com )
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am

Bman wrote:I like my Starbucks, plus they know my order in there ... lol. I don't get any of those fancy coffees at Starbucks, I just get a Venti medium blend with sugar free caramel and sugar free white mocha flavoring added. I add a splash of half and half and a little splenda and BAM ... my morning cup of Joe.

This morning I decided to stop at this Starbucks. It was about 10 till 8 and I was behind a guy who may have been Bman, dressed in a button down print, shorts, tennis shoes. It's been a few years Bman, could this have been you?

I ordered a Venti Cafe Americano, 3 pkts Sugar in the Raw, 2 oz. Whole Milk. I also got a piece of the strawberries and cream coffee cake, and a piece of the blueberry cc. Bill was $7.07, so I doubt I'll be stopping every day!

Anyway, you were right, the coffee cake rocks!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:06 pm

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:I like my Starbucks, plus they know my order in there ... lol. I don't get any of those fancy coffees at Starbucks, I just get a Venti medium blend with sugar free caramel and sugar free white mocha flavoring added. I add a splash of half and half and a little splenda and BAM ... my morning cup of Joe.

This morning I decided to stop at this Starbucks. It was about 10 till 8 and I was behind a guy who may have been Bman, dressed in a button down print, shorts, tennis shoes. It's been a few years Bman, could this have been you?

I ordered a Venti Cafe Americano, 3 pkts Sugar in the Raw, 2 oz. Whole Milk. I also got a piece of the strawberries and cream coffee cake, and a piece of the blueberry cc. Bill was $7.07, so I doubt I'll be stopping every day!

Anyway, you were right, the coffee cake rocks!

Bman sounds like Frasier, did you ask them for a dollop of foam too? Did they have to put the half and half in a Z form on the top?

Meta, if the shorts were a flower print chances are it might have been him... lol!
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:18 pm

Canuck wrote:
Bman sounds like Frasier, did you ask them for a dollop of foam too? Did they have to put the half and half in a Z form on the top?

Meta, if the shorts were a flower print chances are it might have been him... lol!

I know... either it WAS him, or he's got me on the silent treatment now. IMO, that's rather passive aggressive Bman, you better take your prozac and change your telephone number now that your Olga story has blown up Wink

That guy wasn't dressed badly. He looked like your average SW/Aboite snob to me. Very Happy He didn't have any Barak Obama paraphernalia, but that would have been another dead giveaway. Also, I guess I should have watched him like a hawk to see what kind of vehicle he got into, but nah... I wanted some coffee cake. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:29 pm

meta4 wrote:
I know... either it WAS him, or he's got me on the silent treatment now. IMO, that's rather passive aggressive Bman, you better take your prozac and change your telephone number now that your Olga story has blown up Wink

That guy wasn't dressed badly. He looked like your average SW/Aboite snob to me. Very Happy He didn't have any Barak Obama paraphernalia, but that would have been another dead giveaway. Also, I guess I should have watched him like a hawk to see what kind of vehicle he got into, but nah... I wanted some coffee cake. Very Happy

You will have to ask him again and set a deadline for a response.

I should get a few buttons and t-shirts here in NY. At the Union Square farmers market a few people are selling that stuff. Not sure where they grew them.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:19 pm

Meta you are not on ignore ... it was NOT me. I was off today so I got up around 8 ish and by 9 I was at SW Fitness (how close to there do you work?), left there around 10:30 and came home, showered had lunch and then ran some errands. Starbucks will probably be my Saturday morning treat.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Mort Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:40 am

meta4 wrote:
Canuck wrote:

I would love to analized like that you would never guess my stature by my clothes or my car
Mort
Mort
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1400

https://therealboard.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:15 am

Mort wrote:
I would love to analized like that you would never guess my stature by my clothes or my car

What would be the conclusion?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:28 am

Bman wrote:Meta you are not on ignore ... it was NOT me. I was off today so I got up around 8 ish and by 9 I was at SW Fitness (how close to there do you work?), left there around 10:30 and came home, showered had lunch and then ran some errands. Starbucks will probably be my Saturday morning treat.

He lives!

(real close like to that there fine establishment)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:09 pm

We've dogged them before, but I'm sure glad I don't depend on 21Alive aka INC for my local news. They post today a story that was posted 4 days ago on Wane. Rolling Eyes

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/local/25614459.html

http://www.wanetv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8674297&nav=menu32_5
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:18 pm

So Bman can still go get his froo froo coffee on Saturdays.

What a dilemma for the white chocolate mocha lady. I hope she survives...and doesn't need to go into rehab. Crying or Very sad
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:25 pm

Canuck wrote:So Bman can still go get his froo froo coffee on Saturdays.

What a dilemma for the white chocolate mocha lady. I hope she survives...and doesn't need to go into rehab. Crying or Very sad

My sister will be depressed the one closing in Westerville Ohio is the one she usually goes to, but they are EVERY where down there so her new commute for her skinny vanilla latte won't be that much further. Yep, mine is staying open. Meta we can meet some morning for coffee cake and coffee there, now that you agree with me about their coffee cake.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 pm

Bman wrote:
Canuck wrote:So Bman can still go get his froo froo coffee on Saturdays.

My sister will be depressed the one closing in Westerville Ohio is the one she usually goes to, but they are EVERY where down there so her new commute for her skinny vanilla latte won't be that much further. Yep, mine is staying open. Meta we can meet some morning for coffee cake and coffee there, now that you agree with me about their coffee cake.

Just let me know when... I limit myself to one visit per week max. even with the coffee cake because I can buy a whole pound of Starbucks beans for the cost of my Vento Americano and 2 pieces of cake.

hehe, "let us eat cake" Smile

Sorry just had to add that!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:33 pm

Heyyy, you can't have your cake and eat it too meta. Mad
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:37 pm

Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  IrishGuy Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:40 pm

I stopped in the new Dunkin Donuts on Coldwater Rd. last Friday morning before work. I went inside so get my coffee to check out the store and I swear there was at least 15 people working in there. It's crazy that place had that many working there at one time.
IrishGuy
IrishGuy
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1511

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:14 pm

Since it is a new store they probably want to make sure they have enough staff on hand to provide good customer service. Last thing they want is word to get out that they are slow or incompetent.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2