The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inflate Your Tires

+3
Markwes
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Inflate Your Tires Empty Inflate Your Tires

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:08 pm

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=142113

I thought this was a joke, but he actually said it. I going out right now and check mine, can't wait for the price at the pump to drop tomorrow.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Inflate Your Tires Empty Re: Inflate Your Tires

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Ummm at least that impact would start immediately ... drilling off of our continental shelf will not results in a drop of oil, which would be shared on the world market, for 11 years.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:23 pm

It is well known that keeping your tires properly inflated and your car tuned helps to maximize yoour fuel consumption.
I think what he is saying is that every little bit helps and he is advocating personal responsibility.
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:23 pm

LTRT wrote:http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=142113

I thought this was a joke, but he actually said it. I going out right now and check mine, can't wait for the price at the pump to drop tomorrow.

ok, tell us honestly... did they need a little bit of air?

To all:
You heard Mr. Obama...
When was the last time you checked your tire pressure, really~!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:26 pm

Canuck wrote:It is well known that keeping your tires properly inflated and your car tuned helps to maximize yoour fuel consumption.
I think what he is saying is that every little bit helps and he is advocating personal responsibility.

I know, it's almost like it's too pragmatic and real for anyone to take him seriously. I think it's a valid point as well. You hear someone like the Presumptive... mention it and he is serious. I would expect that the people who laugh at him rarely check their tire pressure and they know it. Laughing

Riddle: What's in between 3% and 10% of the total daily gasoline consumption for the entire USA?
http://www.eia.doe.gov/basics/quickoil.html

3% = 86.8 Million dollars per day
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:33 pm

meta4 wrote:

To all:
You heard Mr. Obama...

No they don't...would it surprise anyone that I do keep them inflated at the recommended pressure and my vehicles are always in top shape mechanically.

Now here's what I don't understand. For years we have been told to do this and more so it's becoming a weekly thing across the news on tv and the net. I don't think anyone would argue that there are millions of Americans that do the same, but this only addresses our (personal) demand by providing the best fuel economy possible. It does not address the increase demand for fuel by many, many factors. For example, the increase in younger drivers and the ever increasing longer commuting to work for millions of Americans as brought on by ever growing expansions in larger cities.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:37 pm

Canuck wrote:It is well known that keeping your tires properly inflated and your car tuned helps to maximize yoour fuel consumption.

Personal responsibilty is a good thing, but how does that affect the ever increasing demand and our need to rid ourselves of foreign oil.

Sorry I didn't interpret that little subliminal message he gave.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:38 pm

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:

To all:
You heard Mr. Obama...

No they don't...would it surprise anyone that I do keep them inflated at the recommended pressure and my vehicles are always in top shape mechanically.

Now here's what I don't understand. For years we have been told to do this and more so it's becoming a weekly thing across the news on tv and the net. I don't think anyone would argue that there are millions of Americans that do the same, but this only addresses our (personal) demand by providing the best fuel economy possible. It does not address the increase demand for fuel by many, many factors. For example, the increase in younger drivers and the ever increasing longer commuting to work for millions of Americans as brought on by ever growing expansions in larger cities.

Very valid points. I honestly expected nothing less from the man who should be president! Very Happy I don't think BO is saying this is a fixall, but he's certainly reinforcing the message. Doesn't any good advice tend to lose steam, and eventually go unheeded when repeated over and over and over on radio and TV?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:40 pm

LTRT wrote:Personal responsibility is a good thing, but how does that affect the ever increasing demand and our need to rid ourselves of foreign oil.

What else are we trying? The cheapest and easiest things to do are to do whatever is the cheapest and easiest. Wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:41 pm

Gee, thanks Mr. Obvious. I guess I never made the connection.

By the way, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I will wait in eager anticipation for more gas saving tips from Mr. Obama. Maybe he can put them all in a pamphlet of some kind.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:43 pm

Exactly Meta, if we can reduce our consumption by inflating our tires and tuning our vehicles up and that can save our environmement why not do it? Why have more drilling if we don't need it? I guess to this tree hugging liberal it just makes sense. I take my vehicle in every 3-4 months for the oil change and do all of the toyota recommended maintenance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:44 pm

Markwes wrote:Gee, thanks Mr. Obvious. I guess I never made the connection.

By the way, that wasn't directed at anyone in particular. I will wait in eager anticipation for more gas saving tips from Mr. Obama. Maybe he can put them all in a pamphlet of some kind.

Oh but the McCain flip flop answer of drilling IS the answer. yes, go check ... he use to oppose drilling.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 pm

meta4 wrote:
LTRT wrote:Personal responsibility is a good thing, but how does that affect the ever increasing demand and our need to rid ourselves of foreign oil.

What else are we trying? The cheapest and easiest things to do are to do whatever is the cheapest and easiest. Wink
Sorry for hijacking...but I can't help but think Meta rides around on a segway now...even though I know it's a dolly. Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe it's his way of saying he has a secret obsession with Dolly Parton?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:47 pm

Bman wrote:

Oh but the McCain flip flop answer of drilling IS the answer. yes, go check ... he use to oppose drilling.
We weren't talking about McCain.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:48 pm

Hehe, now there's probably going to be a run on those little air compressors. Better stock up now before they go on the black market.

Here's another question, since the majority of gas stations charge for air, how in the world are we to pay for this since the economy is so bad and so many people are out of work. Wink
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:49 pm

Bman wrote:Exactly Meta, if we can reduce our consumption by inflating our tires and tuning our vehicles up and that can save our environmement why not do it? Why have more drilling if we don't need it? I guess to this tree hugging liberal it just makes sense. I take my vehicle in every 3-4 months for the oil change and do all of the toyota recommended maintenance.
And you drive a big Highlander right? And you like to drive over the speed limit right? But as long as you keep those tires properly inflated, we won't need to drill.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Bman wrote:Exactly Meta, if we can reduce our consumption by inflating our tires and tuning our vehicles up and that can save our environmement why not do it? Why have more drilling if we don't need it? I guess to this tree hugging liberal it just makes sense. I take my vehicle in every 3-4 months for the oil change and do all of the toyota recommended maintenance.

Duhhhhhhhhhh!

What about the millions of Americans that ARE doing this and have done so for years? How does this address increasing demand? Maybe that tree you're hugging could be made into a sled and you could slide into work every morning.

Last edited by LTRT on Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm

LTRT wrote:

Hehe, now there's probably going to be a run on those little air compressors. Better stock up now before they go on the black market.

Here's another question, since the majority of gas stations charge for air, how in the world are we to pay for this since the economy is so bad and so many people are out of work. Wink

Well, obviously because they're standing in line waiting to buy 50 little air compressors. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:23 pm

LTRT wrote:

Personal responsibilty is a good thing, but how does that affect the ever increasing demand and our need to rid ourselves of foreign oil.

Sorry I didn't interpret that little subliminal message he gave.

The message wasn't subliminal in the least it was quite blatant to me.
Did you listen to the clip or read the line below the clip?

He said:

"Things you could do individually though to save energy. Making sure your tires are properly inflated. Simple thing, but we could save all the oil that they're talking about getting off drilling if everybody was just inflating their tires ah ah and getting regular tune-ups. You could save just as much."

The way to get off foreign oil, is to stop using so much oil be it foreign or local.
Who uses the oil? Consumers. If consumer habits doesn't change, the requirements will always be there.
And after they are done digging off Alaska and that runs out, where will they go next?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 pm

If we all drove Honda Fit's we could save millions of gallons of gas as well. So apparently the solution is for all of us to buy new Honda's and make sure their tires are fully inflated and tuned up..... Rolling Eyes

I see his point.. and yes.. my above response was tongue in cheek.... Interesting that his solution is more along the lines of "suck it up, let the market fix the problem".... geeee.... sounds pretty familiar to another guy running for President........
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:33 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:If we all drove Honda Fit's we could save millions of gallons of gas as well. So apparently the solution is for all of us to buy new Honda's and make sure their tires are fully inflated and tuned up..... Rolling Eyes

I see his point.. and yes.. my above response was tongue in cheek.... Interesting that his solution is more along the lines of "suck it up, let the market fix the problem".... geeee.... sounds pretty familiar to another guy running for President........

I don't think he is saying to suck it up, I think he is saying that we need to some other things OTHER than drill more if we can avoid drilling ... I think Pez agrees with this logic too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Why are you dragging Pez into this? Twisted Evil Razz
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:50 pm

Markwes wrote:
And you drive a big Highlander right? And you like to drive over the speed limit right? But as long as you keep those tires properly inflated, we won't need to drill.

lol Mark ... a Highlander is hardly a BIG SUV ... mid size yes .... I will put my gas mileage up against most on this board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:11 am

Markwes wrote:

The 2WD 4 Cyl gets 19/25 according to fueleconomy.gov (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm) Not bad for an SUV.. but that's like saying you're fast for a special Olympian...yeah it's true.. but you still have to qualify it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:15 am

cardinal5150 wrote:
Markwes wrote:

The 2WD 4 Cyl gets 19/25 according to fueleconomy.gov (http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm) Not bad for an SUV.. but that's like saying you're fast for a special Olympian...yeah it's true.. but you still have to qualify it.

I got at least that in my AWD 6 Cyl going to Myrtle Beach last year ...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum