The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inflate Your Tires

+3
Markwes
Canuck
LTRT
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Inflate Your Tires - Page 4 Empty Re: Inflate Your Tires

Post  Guest Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:07 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:
meta4 wrote:
cardinal5150 wrote:careful mark.. if you disagree too much you'll be accused of being in a bad mood....

Yep, sour grapes make bad whine Very Happy

(read that in a Chinese accent for max effect)

I'll only read that in Chinese if I can call you Long Duck Dong...

Hey, thanks man! I kinda like that name. I hope what I said about being in a bad mood or whatever didn't sting too much, and probably wouldn't have said it if I thought you weren't able to take it in stride.

I found a neat-o website and created what I think is a cool themed background for your Mac... I hope Mac can do tiled backgrounds. www.bgpatterns.com
Inflate Your Tires - Page 4 Patt_410or this ...Inflate Your Tires - Page 4 Patt_411
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:49 pm

I've got a picture of my daughter for my background... can't replace her..

Come on man... you've never seen Sixteen Candles? I hate the movie... but I'm a bad movie buff...

"What's your last name?"
"Dong"
"What's your first name?"
"Long"
"What's your middle name?"
"Duk"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:05 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:I've got a picture of my daughter for my background... can't replace her..

Come on man... you've never seen Sixteen Candles? I hate the movie... but I'm a bad movie buff...

"What's your last name?"
"Dong"
"What's your first name?"
"Long"
"What's your middle name?"
"Duk"
Tangent - And what's really sad is that it's probably Molly Ringwald's best movie. All her movies could be summarized the same way:
1. Some dork has the hots for her.
2. Despite her lack of attractiveness, she thinks she can land the popular guy.
3. Inexplicably, the popular guy ends up falling for her.
4. Dork ends up getting a different girl and everyone's happy.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Did you know one plastic bag can take approximately 1000 years to breakdown?

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5565

Stores like Whole Foods is eliminating plastic bags completely.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/byobag/

We've had stores here for years where you have to purchase plastic bags.

Recently Ikea did the same, stopped giving out plastic bags for free, you can still buy them for .5 cents, however that money goes towards planting trees.

Just some other links regarding plastics.

http://www.healthebay.org/currentissues/ppi/theneed_bags.asp

http://www.daviscoop.com/grocery_bags.html
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1717

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:35 pm

Canuck, you're kidding us right? Everyone knows nobody does that unless the government tells them to... Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:49 pm

meta4 wrote:Canuck, you're kidding us right? Everyone knows nobody does that unless the government tells them to... Rolling Eyes

LOL, yeah, I am messing with ya, EH.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/great-pacific-garbage-patch.htm
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:52 pm

So why not ban plastic bags completely? If they are really that bad, I don't want any Mickey Mouse legislation like giving an incentive for reusing bags to make us all feel less guilty. I'm not against laws against something that has been proven to have a significant impact on the environment. Just want my government to get all the facts, by solid sources that have studied the effect. I don't know that projectark or whoever is a solid source, but the bottom line is unless our politicians are scientists too, they can't tell me by themselves what is or is not harmful.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:44 am

Markwes wrote:So why not ban plastic bags completely? If they are really that bad, I don't want any Mickey Mouse legislation like giving an incentive for reusing bags to make us all feel less guilty. I'm not against laws against something that has been proven to have a significant impact on the environment. Just want my government to get all the facts, by solid sources that have studied the effect. I don't know that projectark or whoever is a solid source, but the bottom line is unless our politicians are scientists too, they can't tell me by themselves what is or is not harmful.

the current white house staff are scientists...they decide what the epa, the surgeon general, nasa, and other sources are permitted to report to the public. if it dont fall in with the party line your not allowed to report it. or isnt that a topic of neocon news daily?
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:53 am

floridafun wrote:
Markwes wrote:So why not ban plastic bags completely? If they are really that bad, I don't want any Mickey Mouse legislation like giving an incentive for reusing bags to make us all feel less guilty. I'm not against laws against something that has been proven to have a significant impact on the environment. Just want my government to get all the facts, by solid sources that have studied the effect. I don't know that projectark or whoever is a solid source, but the bottom line is unless our politicians are scientists too, they can't tell me by themselves what is or is not harmful.

the current white house staff are scientists...they decide what the epa, the surgeon general, nasa, and other sources are permitted to report to the public. if it dont fall in with the party line your not allowed to report it. or isnt that a topic of neocon news daily?

Well said! cheers cheers cheers
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:02 am

If you know that something isn't good, won't it make sense to avoid it regardless of it is "legal or not"?
Why do you need it to be a law to tell you that it is good or bad for you?
Are you saying that you trust the government completely to do what is right for the citizens?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:16 am

floridafun wrote:

Okay, that's the White House staff. This whole discussion started when I started talking about legislation by the Seattle city council. That's when I started getting asked why I care and told that I'm a polluter.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:18 am

Canuck wrote:

If you know that something isn't good, won't it make sense to avoid it regardless of it is "legal or not"?
Why do you need it to be a law to tell you that it is good or bad for you?
Are you saying that you trust the government completely to do what is right for the citizens?
Sure it makes sense to avoid it. But we weren't talking about whether or not it's a good idea. We were talking about how the government should be involved.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:43 am

It is sad that the government needs to legislate it, however they need to get involved because people in general wouldn't exercise better judgement and avoid those things.

The government also gives approval to the companies to make this stuff so could it be that they are at least attempting to fix something that they realized is harmful to our environment?
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:46 am

Canuck wrote:It is sad that the government needs to legislate it, however they need to get involved because people in general wouldn't exercise better judgement and avoid those things.

The government also gives approval to the companies to make this stuff so could it be that they are at least attempting to fix something that they realized is harmful to our environment?

Great point. This strikes to the core issue of why we need law to rule... because people disagree.

Canuck, you ever read a book called My Ishmael by Daniel Quinn? A great read for myself personally when I was just a wee pup in my political understanding. It's not the bible, but it's got some compelling description on how societies and cultures have evolved into the beasts they can be at times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:55 am

Not only disagree, in many cases people tend to follow blindly as well.

No Meta, thanks for the tip, very much appreciated. I will look it up today and see if I can get a copy. I have to call this bookstore that I get books at half the published price. Smile
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Aren't disposable diapers worse than plastic bags?

Some of you need to make sure you watch out for the black trucks that are following you around town...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:34 pm

They take those and compost them in some cities here. LOL
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:34 pm

cardinal5150 wrote:Aren't disposable diapers worse than plastic bags?

Some of you need to make sure you watch out for the black trucks that are following you around town...

what do you mean by black trucks... is that like the black helicopters that follow me to and from work?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Canuck Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:37 pm

meta4 wrote:

what do you mean by black trucks... is that like the black helicopters that follow me to and from work?

Those guys still following you around Meta? I told them not to do that anymore. Razz
Canuck
Canuck
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:43 pm

meta4 wrote:

Yeah... I just figured you weren't up to helicopter level yet
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum