The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SC Gov must take Stimulus

+2
floridafun
LTRT
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SC Gov must take Stimulus Empty SC Gov must take Stimulus

Post  LTRT Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:28 pm

South Carolina governor trumped, must take stimulus money
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/04/south.carolina.sanford.stimulus/index.html

(CNN) -- South Carolina's Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Gov. Mark Sanford must accept $700 million in federal stimulus money, ending the only formal effort by a governor to reject funding intended to jump-start an ailing economy.

"This decision is terrible news for every taxpayer in South Carolina, and even more so for future taxpayers who will ultimately bear the responsibility of paying for this so-called 'stimulus' without seeing any benefit from it," he said in a statement.

"At this stage in the process, the Governor certainly has no discretion to make a contradictory decision on behalf of the State," the ruling said.

I give him credit for at least trying, seems the court knows what's best for the state.
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

SC Gov must take Stimulus Empty Re: SC Gov must take Stimulus

Post  floridafun Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:51 am

and for denying the schools in his state the financing they desperately need. he and sarah crack me up..they dont want to take education stimulus money because after the money is gone they will actually be expected to maintain the higher standards. go figure.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:57 am

I agree with FF... the gov here is trying to appeal to his base, and at the same time trying to maintain current education standards.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1979

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:13 am

LTRT wrote:South Carolina governor trumped, must take stimulus money
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/04/south.carolina.sanford.stimulus/index.html

(CNN) -- South Carolina's Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Gov. Mark Sanford must accept $700 million in federal stimulus money, ending the only formal effort by a governor to reject funding intended to jump-start an ailing economy.

"This decision is terrible news for every taxpayer in South Carolina, and even more so for future taxpayers who will ultimately bear the responsibility of paying for this so-called 'stimulus' without seeing any benefit from it," he said in a statement.

"At this stage in the process, the Governor certainly has no discretion to make a contradictory decision on behalf of the State," the ruling said.

I give him credit for at least trying, seems the court knows what's best for the state.

How do this stimulus money allocated to SC end up being born by SC people? I think the federal stimulus money is being born by ALL US Taxpayers, I think it is not spent in SC spend it in Indiana and let the mucks in SC still pay higher taxes down the road.

IDIOTS ... the $$$ is going to be spent, you might as well get your fair share because taxes are going up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:20 am

Bman wrote:...you might as well get your fair share because taxes are going up.

That's the most correct thing you've said in a long time. Razz
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 am

Normally I'd disagree with the guy simply because he's one of the GOP but I gotta give this guy credit for digging in... Problem was, he leveraged a temporal and emotional issue against essential long term education standards. I don't think they make a governing for dummies book, but he should have read it before taking a stand on this issue.

I hope someday he'll say realize he just flipped a coin and lost a bet. Cool
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:30 am

Bman wrote:IDIOTS ... the $$$ is going to be spent, you might as well get your fair share because taxes are going up.
But Barack promised taxes wouldn't go up for families making under $250K a year???
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 am

Speaking of taxes, went to the dentist last night and I know my dentist is not an Obama fan and he knows I supported him. He had the aduacity to complain about the property taxes on his Lake home. LOL I told him most Americans can only dream that is their biggest worry in this economy. What a smug bastard to complain about paying $15,000 a year in property taxes on his lake house that has tripled in value over the last 17 years and that is AFTER this most recent market plunge ... I have no sympathy at all for rich flucks like this paying more taxes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:35 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:IDIOTS ... the $$$ is going to be spent, you might as well get your fair share because taxes are going up.
But Barack promised taxes wouldn't go up for families making under $250K a year???

Cincy keep popping those catholic babies out and you'll pay NO taxes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:38 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

At one time I was a catholic baby. Cool

I swear I am going to have to get a T-shirt that says "opposite married breeder" just to piss off some dandy couple.

Last edited by meta4 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am

Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Too afraid to answer the question? Is that all you got?
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:42 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

Dude, Alex Trebec would buzz you if you gave that kind of question as an answer. Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:42 am

Bman wrote:Speaking of taxes, went to the dentist last night and I know my dentist is not an Obama fan and he knows I supported him. He had the aduacity to complain about the property taxes on his Lake home. LOL I told him most Americans can only dream that is their biggest worry in this economy. What a smug bastard to complain about paying $15,000 a year in property taxes on his lake house that has tripled in value over the last 17 years and that is AFTER this most recent market plunge ... I have no sympathy at all for rich flucks like this paying more taxes.
Either your novacane (sp) hasn't worn off or you're working on your 5th cup of java this morning... Razz
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:43 am

I think we should do away with property taxes altogether. They are a sham, and a racket.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:47 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

NO my point was people like you pay no taxes anyways and have no right to bitch. My best friend has 4 kids and his federal effective rate on his 2008 tax return was 3.3% ... and he thinks taxes are too high. To bitch about taxes being too high you have to pay taxes. Cincy, you don't have to worry your taxes will not go up, probably will go down. 1) you make less than $250,000 I believe and 2) you don't pay any FIT now for all intensive purposes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  LTRT Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:57 am

meta4 wrote:I don't think they make a governing for dummies book, but he should have read it before taking a stand on this issue.

As if Congress read the bill before voting on it. SC Gov must take Stimulus 839550
LTRT
LTRT
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:04 am

Bman wrote:NO my point was people like you pay no taxes anyways and have no right to bitch. My best friend has 4 kids and his federal effective rate on his 2008 tax return was 3.3% ... and he thinks taxes are too high. To bitch about taxes being too high you have to pay taxes. Cincy, you don't have to worry your taxes will not go up, probably will go down. 1) you make less than $250,000 I believe and 2) you don't pay any FIT now for all intensive purposes.
Ah, but I do pay a lot of taxes on necessities that you don't have...diapers, wipes, baby clothes, car seats, added electricity due to more clothes to be washed, rooms to be lit, etc...all things that help workers in those industries keep their jobs. I once had a friend tell me never to try to count up how much you spend on diapers 'cause it'll drive you crazy.

I think it's only a matter of time before Barack and the Democrats in Congress try to undo how much families can deduct for their dependants in order to help pay for THEIR Porkulus Spending.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 am

Bman wrote:NO my point was people like you pay no taxes anyways and have no right to bitch.

Families get tax breaks because they put more money into the economy supporting the life of the child(ren) than they would if they were childless and paying taxes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 am

meta4 wrote:
Bman wrote:NO my point was people like you pay no taxes anyways and have no right to bitch.

Families get tax breaks because they put more money into the economy supporting the life of the child(ren) than they would if they were childless and paying taxes.
SC Gov must take Stimulus 795451
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Porkulus Spending.

What was that quote about the country and pork and not caring how it's made? Certainly that spreads to taxes as easily as it does torture... Very Happy
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 am

meta4 wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:Porkulus Spending.

What was that quote about the country and pork and not caring how it's made? Certainly that spreads to taxes as easily as it does torture... Very Happy
Fighting Terrorism is like making sausage. I don't care how it's done, just get it done dammit.
<>
Fighting Taxes is like making sausage...I don't care how it's done, just get it done dammit!

Very Happy
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:17 am

meta4 wrote:I think we should do away with property taxes altogether. They are a sham, and a racket.

agree...

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:18 am

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:

I think it's only a matter of time before Barack and the Democrats in Congress try to undo how much families can deduct for their dependants in order to help pay for THEIR Porkulus Spending.

+1 for Porkulus... mmmm Porkulicious!

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:21 am

Pez wrote:
meta4 wrote:I think we should do away with property taxes altogether. They are a sham, and a racket.

agree...

How do you propose funding the school systems and other programs/projects funded via property taxes? Do you propose an increase in the sales tax? an increase in the income tax? Do you want everyone to home school and just eliminate schools?

Plan please?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Pez Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:30 am

Bman wrote:
Pez wrote:

agree...

How do you propose funding the school systems and other programs/projects funded via property taxes? Do you propose an increase in the sales tax? an increase in the income tax? Do you want everyone to home school and just eliminate schools?

Plan please?

Both income and sales tax should be increased... plus an adjustment of priorities in the federal and state budgets there will be plenty of money to pay for schools. The govt taxing and retaxing and retaxing isnt exactly fair. Call it what it is, a school tax and take it form everyone, not just property owners.

Pez
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next