The Real Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SC Gov must take Stimulus

+2
floridafun
LTRT
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SC Gov must take Stimulus - Page 2 Empty Re: SC Gov must take Stimulus

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:49 am

Pez wrote:

Both income and sales tax should be increased... plus an adjustment of priorities in the federal and state budgets there will be plenty of money to pay for schools. The govt taxing and retaxing and retaxing isnt exactly fair. Call it what it is, a school tax and take it form everyone, not just property owners.

As far as I know everyone does pay property taxes in one way or another just not property owners. If you are a renter you just pay through your rent. If you are a company you pass it on to your customers through the price of the item they sell. While I am not thrilled with property taxes, the people in Indiana have nothing to complain about. They don't even come close to what people in other states have to pay on their homes.
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:03 pm

And don't forget that property taxes go to more than just schools...emergency services, for example. Heck, we might be up to a 20% sales tax in order to pay for everything...
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male
Number of posts : 4852

http://www.whodeyrevolution.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 pm

Bman wrote:Speaking of taxes, went to the dentist last night and I know my dentist is not an Obama fan and he knows I supported him. He had the aduacity to complain about the property taxes on his Lake home. LOL I told him most Americans can only dream that is their biggest worry in this economy. What a smug bastard to complain about paying $15,000 a year in property taxes on his lake house that has tripled in value over the last 17 years and that is AFTER this most recent market plunge ... I have no sympathy at all for rich flucks like this paying more taxes.
That "smug bastard" probably went to school for 12 years, got hugely into debt, spent thousands of hours learning his trade, and now has to worry about being sued if he isn't perfect with every patient. And if he bought a lake house that has tripled in value, then good for him. That's called a good investment. The "most Americans" who you mention can only dream that is their biggest worry probably didn't make anywhere near the effort this guy has done.
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:12 pm

Markwes wrote:
Bman wrote:Speaking of taxes, went to the dentist last night and I know my dentist is not an Obama fan and he knows I supported him. He had the aduacity to complain about the property taxes on his Lake home. LOL I told him most Americans can only dream that is their biggest worry in this economy. What a smug bastard to complain about paying $15,000 a year in property taxes on his lake house that has tripled in value over the last 17 years and that is AFTER this most recent market plunge ... I have no sympathy at all for rich flucks like this paying more taxes.
That "smug bastard" probably went to school for 12 years, got hugely into debt, spent thousands of hours learning his trade, and now has to worry about being sued if he isn't perfect with every patient. And if he bought a lake house that has tripled in value, then good for him. That's called a good investment. The "most Americans" who you mention can only dream that is their biggest worry probably didn't make anywhere near the effort this guy has done.

And $15,000 in taxes to a person that has a $750,000 lake home should not be worth bitching about, he is blessed ... he should shut up and pay his share.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:21 pm

Message to all the rich flucks out there...you're not allowed to complain about anything. You should just shut up and take it. Anytime you think you have something to say, just shut up about it. Bman says so. Laughing

Maybe that can be the new Democratic slogan: Rich flucks: Shut up and take it.
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Scooby01_98 Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm

Bman wrote:
Markwes wrote:

And $15,000 in taxes to a person that has a $750,000 lake home should not be worth bitching about, he is blessed ... he should shut up and pay his share.

Well if he bought it at 250K he knew what the taxes are and could afford it at that level. Just because his property has tripled doesn't mean his income has tripled to keep up with the taxes. I would also expect your dental bill to triple also so that he can maintain his standard of living as it was 17 years ago. So no complaining about increased co-pays and insurance premiums... Twisted Evil
Scooby01_98
Scooby01_98
Jedi Padawan
Jedi Padawan

Male
Number of posts : 1642

http://www.nola.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Bman wrote:And $15,000 in taxes to a person that has a $750,000 lake home should not be worth bitching about, he is blessed ... he should shut up and pay his share.

I'd be really very surprised if his take home is $750K... just sayin'. However, he sounds like the type who's driving a foreign luxury or sports car - and I don't like those kind of people. Razz

I work for a company that makes software for medical practices that does scheduling, billing, and the kitchen sink. The medical industry is feeling the effects of the depression just as much as everyone else - save the Auto industry.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:54 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Bman wrote:IDIOTS ... the $$$ is going to be spent, you might as well get your fair share because taxes are going up.
But Barack promised taxes wouldn't go up for families making under $250K a year???

Bman has now done his math homework. There is no way we can fund TARP, an Economic Stimulas Bill, and a 3.4 trillion dollar budget proposal without tax hikes. It's coming....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:56 pm

tax soft drinks and all alcoholic beverages equivilant to the tobacco tax.
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:08 pm

floridafun wrote:tax soft drinks and all alcoholic beverages equivilant to the tobacco tax.
they may have to if enough people stop smoking and the tobacco tax coffers dwindle as a result..
Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Markwes Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
floridafun wrote:tax soft drinks and all alcoholic beverages equivilant to the tobacco tax.
they may have to if enough people stop smoking and the tobacco tax coffers dwindle as a result..
Soon we will run out of bad habits for our government to tax. SC Gov must take Stimulus - Page 2 638766
Markwes
Markwes
Jedi Master
Jedi Master

Male
Number of posts : 3096

Back to top Go down

Post  Cincy Fan 44 Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Markwes wrote:
Cincy Fan 44 wrote:
Soon we will run out of bad habits for our government to tax. SC Gov must take Stimulus - Page 2 638766
Reminds me of the Bud Light Swear Jar commercial... Laughing

Cincy Fan 44
Cincy Fan 44
Jedi Council Member
Jedi Council Member

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  floridafun Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:43 am

LTRT wrote:
meta4 wrote:I don't think they make a governing for dummies book, but he should have read it before taking a stand on this issue.

As if Congress read the bill before voting on it. SC Gov must take Stimulus - Page 2 839550

alot of the points of the bill were out there and publicly discussed before the vote as i remember it. and inability to review it was debunked in previous thread. however i did get a kick out of mccains bff here. he never responds to boxers question of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4vO3cXBkbg
floridafun
floridafun
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Female
Number of posts : 2519

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down